+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I repoped my WoW Account and got hacked in less than 15 hours..and..

Champion of Telara

Default I repoped my WoW Account and got hacked in less than 15 hours..and..

I got phoned from friends that i am getting hacked..Since i was online way too early for my usual times..Wake up..Get on.

Yeap..Everything gone.

I called them.20 seconds waiting line..Confirm stuff.. Email instantly..password reset..10 mins after half the items were back.

Phoned them again cause not everything was back..Bank items still not here..Other characters not refunded...told me to make a ticket and a GM will answer it instantly personally for me..

And he did..The moment the ticket went up..10 seconds after i was talking with the GM..He waited 30 mins with me to confirm everything was fine before he bid farewell.

In less than 1 hour i had over 70 items back and all my gold/guild bank items on 5 different characters.

I am waiting 15 days already for a plaque refund which takes 5 second of "Delete" the item and get the Plaque's mailed....

Along with many other issues about missing items.. Expert Rifts Lure.. Runecrafting stuff..basically..total of 30 waiting days for 3 tickets.

Just had to make this post cause your customer support remains TERRIBLE Trion and maybe someone other than the trolls will read it.
    Last edited by potis; 04-03-2011 at 04:52 AM.

To be fair with the Game Which Is Mentioned Far Too Often, I got hacked in there, contacted GMs and got everything fixed within like an hour. Hacking is very disturbingly common but they do seem to respond fast.
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

I haven't been hacked, but I accidentally destroyed my attuned talisman. I've been waiting for about three weeks with no luck. Trion needs to get their act together in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    To be fair with the Game Which Is Mentioned Far Too Often, I got hacked in there, contacted GMs and got everything fixed within like an hour. Hacking is very disturbingly common but they do seem to respond fast.
    To be fair to WoW, they are a *huge* target for hackers. Blizzard is handling it correctly. It wouldn't really be possible, short of forcing everyone to buy an authenticator, to make hacking less common. Responding quickly is the best they can do.
    Last edited by AlpsStranger; 04-03-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Telaran

I'd rather have Customer Service with growing pains in an awesome, brand new MMO than really awesome Customer Service in an MMO which to me was mediocre and had a rotten community back in 2006.

I also don't walk into a Wendy's expecting to be able to order lobster bisque and foie gras, but your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by SadEQ2Panda View Post
    I'd rather have Customer Service with growing pains in an awesome, brand new MMO than really awesome Customer Service in an MMO which to me was mediocre and had a rotten community back in 2006.

I also don't walk into a Wendy's expecting to be able to order lobster bisque and foie gras, but your mileage may vary.
    ... If WoW was mediocre then I wonder why Rift is so much like it.

Rift Disciple

I can understand wanting your gear back if you have been hacked, but if you 'accidentally' deleted something yourself, I'd have to say tough luck, you should have been more careful, and that it is a lesson learned.

Get a grip of yourselves for the love of god. This has got to be the whiniest community I have ever heard and thats saying something coming from 5+ years with the NCSoon community.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by SadEQ2Panda View Post

you MONSTER!!!

WoW is able to respond so fast right now because everyone is playing RIFT.

Honestly, I played WoW for six years. Their customer service is horrible. You think it is okay that accounts get hacked so fast and much that they are efficient at fixing it?

I've sat on the phone for over an hour before when I was hacked. I've had their phone line tell me they weren't taking calls during business hours, and to send an email. I had a friend spend almost three hours total on the phone with them one day over missing tier gear, and he wasn't hacked.

WoW is no game to rave over customer service.

Yep the WoW customer service is very good indeed, I was hacked aswell a year back or so, I phoned them and they got it sorted very fast.

Just gotta lol at all these WoW haters.
    Last edited by Onorian; 04-03-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AlpsStranger View Post
    ... If WoW was mediocre then I wonder why Rift is so much like it.
    Same reason so many TV shows follow the same formula as other shows. Same reason so many games follow the same formula as others. It is easier, cheaper, and faster to imitate than to innovate.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Onorian View Post
    Yep the WoW customer service is very good indeed, I was hacked aswell a year back or so, I phoned them and they got it sorted very fast.

Just gotta lol at all these WoW haters.
    Yep, and it was like that from the beginning..oh wait! They used to take the servers down with no explanation as to why until 5 hours after the fact. I waited 24 days for a tickt to be answered in the 5th or 6th month after launch, can't remember exactly.

Yes, they have a good CS now..but they have had 6 years to fix it, it would be a disgrace if it was as bad now as it was in the beginning.
    Last edited by Xanti; 04-03-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I got phoned from friends that i am getting hacked..Since i was online way too early for my usual times..Wake up..Get on.

Yeap..Everything gone.

I called them.20 seconds waiting line..Confirm stuff.. Email instantly..password reset..10 mins after half the items were back.

Phoned them again cause not everything was back..Bank items still not here..Other characters not refunded...told me to make a ticket and a GM will answer it instantly personally for me..

And he did..The moment the ticket went up..10 seconds after i was talking with the GM..He waited 30 mins with me to confirm everything was fine before he bid farewell.

In less than 1 hour i had over 70 items back and all my gold/guild bank items on 5 different characters.

I am waiting 15 days already for a plaque refund which takes 5 second of "Delete" the item and get the Plaque's mailed....

Along with many other issues about missing items.. Expert Rifts Lure.. Runecrafting stuff..basically..total of 30 waiting days for 3 tickets.

Just had to make this post cause your customer support remains TERRIBLE Trion and maybe someone other than the trolls will read it.
    Rift been active about 5 weeks, not including beta and headstart. WoW has been active for about 6 years. Do you really think that Trion has had that much time to set up customer service properly? They have not even got past the first month, and they have no idea how many people they even need to employ to deal with every request. This is a new game, do NOT expect your troubles to be sorted out within 10 frikkin minutes. If you dont like it, then thats just plain tough. Try to be a little patient allright. There are a HELL OF A LOT more bigger problems to deal with than your miniscule *I am so selfish I want my plaque NAO1!!!!1* crap

You're completely right OP, a game that came out 1 month ago should definitely have the same level of efficiency in customer service as a game that came out in 2004.
    Last edited by horsepepsi; 04-03-2011 at 05:18 AM.

The customer service I experienced after playing for SIX years, was awful.

My husband and I took a break from the game and while we were gone, both of our accounts were hacked. Not only were they hacked, whoever had hacked them sold our accounts.

It took me nearly a MONTH to get my account back and it took my husband several months. Our items were not refunded, our gold was not refunded and neither were the items we had in our guild bank refunded.

This all happened right around the time they were making the change over to battle. net

And interestingly enough, right around the time when they started to push authenticators on people (which we bought of course, as soon as we got our accounts back) funny coincidence huh?

I've seen so much racist garbage there, so much hate and even people who encourage others to commit suicide..I've also seen people try to make sexual contact with CHILDREN.

Not a darn thing was done about any of those issues I just mentioned. GM's there are lazy and worthless.

Perhaps your issue was addressed so quickly because there's less people playing it now..hmm, I wonder where they have gone? (RIFT!)
    Last edited by Misun; 04-03-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by horsepepsi View Post
    You're completely right OP, a game that came out 1 month ago should definitely have the same level of efficiency in customer service as a game that came out in 2004.
    Indeed it should, I'm just confused about the note of sarcasm in your response. You understand the concept of customer service isn't new just because a game is new.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast