+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An April Fool's Tale - What's your Biggest April Fool's Joke?

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Default An April Fool's Tale - What's your Biggest April Fool's Joke?

I just thought I would share a story with everyone of something that I did to my guild one year.

I am the guild leader, and I have always been the class clown. I have an odd sense of humor, and I am always trying to mess with them. I decided one year to top myself (and have yet given up on any and all April Fool's, as I cannot top this one).

At this point in time, hacking was rampant in World of Warcraft. In fact, if I recall, we didn't have authenticators just yet. So early on the morning of the first I logged into my wife's account. She was in charge of the bank. I cleared everything out of the guild bank, and removed all of her toons from the guild, with exception of her main. I then said, "Screw [my main], and screw all of you." Let's just saw the words were a little harsher. I then left the guild on her main. There was only one person online, but it was perfect, because he had been in the guild at this point for 2 years.

Next, around noonish, I got in vent. I started crying and bawling. Everyone wanted to know what was wrong. I stated that I had gone to work to surprise my wife for lunch, and I had found her kissing another man in the parking lot in her car. I was devastated. I couldn't believe this. The timing of everything couldn't have been more perfect, because I hadn't been in game. Then someone said, hey did you know everything was missing from the bank? I played it perfectly. I was like, "What? OMG! You have to be kidding." Then the guy who had seen her take it all logged on vent and said, "Yeah, I saw it happened, and she said blah blah."

I couldn't believe it. None of them, and I mean NONE of them realized it was the 1st. They were falling into my trap like Kirk following Khan. I began molding my clay. Next I called a few people that I had been in previous guilds with. I told them about this and they were upset, they began getting in vent. One even vowed to fly out here to avenge me. Another offered me a place to stay nearby. I was in a bad state (at least as far as they could tell). I was really laying it on, but laying off just enough to make it not seem contrived.

So then I was going off about how we would survive and we would figure things out, even though the bank was robbed, perhaps Blizzard would help us. But, I wasn't done. I then logged into the game. The moment I did, I started screaming and crying in vent. She had vendored all my gear! (I was the main tank). So then, I went on and on about how we wouldn't be able to raid that night (we were on the verge of some major progression). I kept this up for nearly 3 hours or so. Keep in mind, this was 3 hours of non-stop laying it on. Thicker and thicker.

I had people going crazy. Some wanted to hunt her down, some were distressed that we couldn't raid, some were trying to comfort me. It was crazy.

So raid time came. EVERYONE was in vent. I went over the entire story again, sobbing, and having to stop at some points because I was so upset and overcome with pain. Finally, at the end, I said, "But I want all of you to know one thing (sob). You are all my dear friends (sniffle). I love all of you dearly (crying). And no matter what, (big sniffle and then now in my normal every day voice) You have all been punked. April Fool's Day."

There was about 10 seconds of silence, and then they all exploded. Of course, some claimed they knew it all along, and of course those were the ones who seemed the most convinced and offered the most support, but in the end, I nailed them. Never have come up with something since that could top it, and after all, they would never trust me on this day ever again.

So with that, what is your greatest April Fool's Day joke?

wow i dont think anything can top that but earlier today i walked up to my friend and kicked him right in the nuts. He fell to the ground screaming, swearing (you know, the usual) and he asked me why i did it i just said happy april fools then walked away. The bad part of my ingeniuos plan was that he did it to me too a couple hours later.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure."
    -Homer J. Simpson

This definitely does not trump yours, but a few years ago, we covered my friend's entire cubicle with post-its. Literally everything...mouse, keyboard, chair. It was quite amusing when he came in after lunch to a sea of yellow. I know it's been done before and not very original, but it was still hilarious!

My friend and I put up a "bathroom" sign above the Dean's door.
    You can guess what happened next.
    A post in derp will remain in derp unless acted upon by an equal or greater derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    One even vowed to fly out here to avenge me.
    i laughed so hard at that because i know somone who would say exactly that. priceless
    edit- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_S1F1Zha_k
    Last edited by Akkan; 04-02-2011 at 05:02 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator fata13xception's Avatar

Damn! There should be an achievement for that...

So, I told my dad that I was in legal trouble again. After he asked what I had done, I said:

"I broke a mirror and was supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me out in five.".

"Lame.".

"Knock Knock.".

"Who's there?".

"Clubbing.".

"Clubbing who?".

"Seals.".

So I slapped him and ran out the back door.

I heard of an even better one from a friend of mine. He said he and his dad had gone out to buy new locks for all the doors. When they got home, they changed all the locks and locked them. When his mother got home, she knocked and knocked, until his dad answered the door. She said:

"My locks don't work.".

He replied. "That's odd. Mine work just fine.".

"What do you mean?".

"You're not welcome here any more. You should go.".

"What? Where is this coming from? Are you serious?".

"I've met someone else. You're trespassing, and if you don't leave I'll call the police.".

At that point he couldn't even close the door because his mother started crying, and he told her "April Fools!". She was really angry after that, I hope she'll get over it (Or top it next year).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by hp94 View Post
    I heard of an even better one from a friend of mine. He said he and his dad had gone out to buy new locks for all the doors. When they got home, they changed all the locks and locked them. When his mother got home, she knocked and knocked, until his dad answered the door. She said:

"My locks don't work.".

He replied. "That's odd. Mine work just fine.".

"What do you mean?".

"You're not welcome here any more. You should go.".

"What? Where is this coming from? Are you serious?".

"I've met someone else. You're trespassing, and if you don't leave I'll call the police.".

At that point he couldn't even close the door because his mother started crying, and he told her "April Fools!". She was really angry after that, I hope she'll get over it (Or top it next year).
    Thats a terrible thing to do to your wife, even if it is just a prank o.O Anyway, it was in about 2005, one of my work friends bought up the fact that he hadn't seen the matrix and was thinking about it (I know right ) so i insisted he watch it, and i would even burn him a copy, this was on like march 30th. I back up all my favourite movies in avi files on a portable hard drive due to having a bad experience damaging my Return of the king exntended edition dvd.

so i decide to play a prank that when Morpheus offers neo the pill and he takes it, to slice in using a video editor about 10 minutes or the weirdest/hardcore pr0n i could find on the internet, things with horses, grannies...just some overall weird stuff. Then when it stopped a message came up saying "April fools biatch! P.s This is what you get for taking so long to watch the matrix, dont worry the rest of the movie is will start now.) Sorta expected him to turn it off straight away, but he told me he was so into the movie he tried fast forwarding it, and he said the message was a nice touch. Needless to say he didn't want any more dvds from me.

Rich Aemry

I wrote it down and then realized that it was not a good idea to post it on the web, though it was EPIC!
    Last edited by Rich Aemry; 04-03-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Aemry View Post
    I wrote it down and then realized that it was not a good idea to post it on the web, though it was EPIC!
    That makes us want to know even more. :| It can't be worse than randomdude's prank. That is... If you even had one!

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaden View Post
    That makes us want to know even more. :| It can't be worse than randomdude's prank. That is... If you even had one!
    It's bad enough I could lose my job if they saw it. LOL.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkawelian View Post
    wow i dont think anything can top that but earlier today i walked up to my friend and kicked him right in the nuts.
    Laughed out loud, not quite as cunning, but devious non the less.
    .: ]{lassh

Although mine were not online, I guess that will be my next battleground. I've done many, many 4/1 jokes over the years. From putting a fake snake in my Bosses Chair to putting a Rainbow Brotherhood sticker on the bumper of my anti-g*y father's truck. I still have to say one sticks out as my favorite.

I cultivated this one over a week and it was well worth it in my eyes.

When I was 20ish I lived in a downstairs appartment of some annoying guys upstairs. He had scheduled a April 1st party and asked me to attend. I graciously accepted.

A week prior to the party, I would rush out at 5am and grab his newspaper and replace it with the one from the day before. During the day of the party, after about an hour, I moseyed my way towards him in conversation. Skillfully I directed the conversation about an item I read about in the paper. Thats when he went off about how he screamed and yelled at the paper company about giving him day old papers and eventually cancelled his subscription. He hit the roof when I told him what I did, kicked me out of his party and never talked to me again. All worth it in my eyes.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Haha that's hilarious. I'm sure some people will think its cruel or that you went too far but it's just too funny. Then again I'm used to a friend of mine who convinced his parents that he had aids, his grandma that he was having a sex change, and me that one of our other friends died in a car accident.

I hardly saw any good April Fool's jokes this year though

When I was 18 or so, I sat my parents down and said we need to talk. I had this whole speech worked out about taking responsibilities and maturity and crap. I then told them I was pregnant. I'm male by the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast