+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Blizzard calls out Rift for April Fools!

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    324

    Default Blizzard calls out Rift for April Fools!


  2. #2
    Ascendant Proclus_Lycaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Well, they had to do something, a large portion of their player base left WoW and are now playing Rift.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Drude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skagzilla View Post
    Glad that you could take the time away from WOW to post this.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Alente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Hurray free publicity... o.o?

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Badgered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    521

    Default

    I don't understand why this is funny. Rift spelled it properly. So?
    Greybriar
    Atesh - Bahmi Warrior - REA | CHA
    Ellystra - Bahmi Mage - CHL | STO | PYR
    Let's put rifts and invasions to good use!

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Well, they had to do something, a large portion of their player base left WoW and are now playing Rift.
    Proof?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alente View Post
    Hurray free publicity... o.o?
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badgered View Post
    I don't understand why this is funny. Rift spelled it properly. So?
    I think it was not really directed at rift.
    Last edited by Vespera; 04-01-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Removed the quote

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Cruor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    391

    Default

    All I saw in that thread was a bunch of WoW fanbois.

    Even then, I fail to see how this is a joke on Rift. Rift's judgment is something totally different than what WoW's was.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Man. People are so dang sensitive. I can promise you the guys at RIFT are thrilled that a company as huge as Blizzard is recognizing the game. It says they're doing something right. The devs here don't need you to defend them. I'm sure they're going to be just fine.

  9. #9
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Report the post for advertising another game in the WoW forums.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    All I saw in that thread was a bunch of WoW fanbois.

    Even then, I fail to see how this is a joke on Rift. Rift's judgment is something totally different than what WoW's was.
    Judgement
    5% of base mana 10 yd range
    Instant 8 sec cooldown
    Unleashes the energy of a Seal to judge an enemy for Holy damage.

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20271


    Judgment
    10 Energy
    Instant
    Cooldown: 60.00 Seconds
    Lash out with a wave of energy, dealing 121 to 126 damage to up to 10 nearby enemies. Affected enemies are forced to attack the Warrior for 3 seconds.
    Requires: 14 Points Spent in Paladin
    Requires: Level 50

    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/522410625/Judgment

    Rift's judgement is an Aoe so.....

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Villainelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Rift's devs used the correct NA spelling. Blizz didn't. Where's the joke?
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Cruor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Judgement
    5% of base mana 10 yd range
    Instant 8 sec cooldown
    Unleashes the energy of a Seal to judge an enemy for Holy damage.

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20271


    Judgment
    10 Energy
    Instant
    Cooldown: 60.00 Seconds
    Lash out with a wave of energy, dealing 121 to 126 damage to up to 10 nearby enemies. Affected enemies are forced to attack the Warrior for 3 seconds.
    Requires: 14 Points Spent in Paladin
    Requires: Level 50

    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/522410625/Judgment

    Rift's judgement is an Aoe so.....
    Yeah...which is why I didn't get how it was a dog on Rift. They are two different things. The only thing I can get out of it is that they changed the spelling to the American version of "judgement"

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    519

    Default

    A gag about spelling? Now Blizzard is borrowing its sense of humor from the WoW forum trolls? Do they do anything original anymore? Apparently not.

    Have fun ;)!

    PS: I did read that whole thread and found it incredibly funny how all the WoW fanbois have no clue that the entire Warcraft concept starting with the RTS games was ripped nearly directly from the Games Workshop project that Blizzard was originally hired to created. So much for WoW orginality huh?

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Taaxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    I like that Blizzard is starting to show their Paranoia. If RIFT wasn't some sort of threat to them, they wouldn't have bothered with that "April Fool's".

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    ANyone see the irony that we have two competing threads with completely opposite fans?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts