+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you play TWO mmos at once? (Not literally at once)

Telaran

Default Can you play TWO mmos at once? (Not literally at once)

I have been pondering this question for a while, and I have been thinking about doing it myself but it just seems to much out of the norm. The price, doesn't bother me that much, I can afford to have 16 or how ever much the mmos cost together come out of my account every month, thats no problem ,however its the time you need to invest that is the big killer for me.

I am interested in MMOs, like the genre and would love to be able to play multiple games in the genre but I don't think its possible unless you don't plan on fully investing your time into any one mmo, and just sort of play it for a laugh so to speak.

But thats just me, what about you guys? Is it possible to be sucked into playing two mmos at the same time or is it again something that just doesn't seem sensibly due to the commitment an MMO requires?

Plane Touched

I'm playing STO and Rift at the same time. Of course I have a Life membership with STO.

I'm playing LOTRO and Rift at the same time.

You can play any game you want. If you're asking if you can play two MMOs seriously or for endgame and assuming you have real life obligations, there might be some time constraints.
    If you're trying to put hours into two games, your life will probably become Life -> MMO1 -> MMO2 -> Sleep. If you stand back and look at the big picture, you're devoting your life to playing two games. =/

Really it all depends on if you can juggle two MMOs effectively.

Edit: So many typos T.T
    Last edited by Lanaden; 04-01-2011 at 09:27 AM.

I play both DCUO(DC Universe Online) and Rift. But instead of adding more gametime to accommodate both games, i cut my time with each in half.

I'm never in a rush to get to endgame, and splitting my time between the two helps ensure i don't get burnt out, as they are two very different games. I'll play one game for a few days, then go to the other, and sometimes I'll play one for an hour or two and then go back to the other.

I also love my social life, and keep several hobbies. and i tend to be a bit of an insomniac. when i'm in a game, i'm serious about that game, but i don't let endgame goals, getting to level cap, etc. ruin my fun. it's entertainment, after all.

so it works out for me
    Last edited by Theskal; 04-01-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Telaran

Sure you can. You can also read two books at the same time, btw (no this is not sarcasm :P). If the spending is an issue, pick up a F2P as your second, one such as CO for instance (really good casual fun imo).

I play LotRO, DDO and Ryzom as well. First two are free to play and Ryzom is now free till level 125. Used to play a lot of DDO and just started LotRO last year. Both are on the back burner till I get Rift worked out. I love exploring the world of Ryzom for my casual time.

I play Dragon Age 2, Rift, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Age of Conan... it's just a time management thing I guess LOL

And yea, currently I spent more time on Rift, since I'm a guild officer and don't want to let my guild down, by not showing up. ;)
    Last edited by Agrona77; 04-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.

I am playing RIFT as my primary game at the moment, with EVE as secondary, and LotRO as time permits.

When I get bored with Rift, it will drop to the bottom of the list and hte other two will move back up.

Soulwalker

I am currently playing WoW and Rift, it is possible to get a good amount of time in each of them per week if you just schedule your time right.

Quote Originally Posted by Silock View Post
    I have been pondering this question for a while, and I have been thinking about doing it myself but it just seems to much out of the norm. The price, doesn't bother me that much, I can afford to have 16 or how ever much the mmos cost together come out of my account every month, thats no problem ,however its the time you need to invest that is the big killer for me.

I am interested in MMOs, like the genre and would love to be able to play multiple games in the genre but I don't think its possible unless you don't plan on fully investing your time into any one mmo, and just sort of play it for a laugh so to speak.

But thats just me, what about you guys? Is it possible to be sucked into playing two mmos at the same time or is it again something that just doesn't seem sensibly due to the commitment an MMO requires?
    It is absolutely possible to get into two MMOs at the same time. I am willing to be many players are doing it right now. It's just a matter of who is willing to pay for more than one, and what kind of time they have to invest in 2 (or more) at the same time.

I once played WoW and AoC at the same time, for about a month, until I ditched AoC. When I tried Warhammer and then STO, I only played those alone, suspending WoW to try those out.

But now, it's just Rift for me.

Basically, it's whatever you want to do, or try to do.
    "I'm not afraid of death. It's the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life."

A friend of mine has been known to actually play two MMOs at once. Like, tanking in one, DPSing in the other.

No, you can't. You can't keep in touch with 2 communities and you also won't be able to catch up in the gearing race.

Now if you're a casual with no friends, no guild and no obligations like those losers who changed from horde to alliance and viceversa all the time...go go go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    No, you can't. You can't keep in touch with 2 communities and you also won't be able to catch up in the gearing race.

Now if you're a casual with no friends, no guild and no obligations like those losers who changed from horde to alliance and viceversa all the time...go go go.
    Hard though it may be to believe, not everyone considers the "community" to be the message forums, and not everyone cares about the gear race.

I can't but some people can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast