+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post your office pranks!

Default Post your office pranks!

I'll start off with my own,

Today i came in early with a bag full of rubber bands and raided a colleague's screen and phone. He definately deserved this! also note how i've "woven" the rubber bands on the phone. Going to take him ages to get rid of them.

http://a.yfrog.com/img612/1298/dhy3.jpg

Post your pranks too!!
    Last edited by IonicGeeK; 03-31-2011 at 11:45 PM.

One time, I was just getting out of an interview for a Graphic Design firm. I thought I had made a good impression at first. They told me they would tell me if I was hired or not in a few minutes. After half an hour, I got bored to I took all the chairs out of the 4 adjacent rooms and the hallway and put them into another room where someone was already working. They didn't mention anything as I put about 40 chairs into his workspace to the point where there really wasn't any clear exit. I said "Thanks!", and then shut the door, all he did was nod back (Didn't even look confused).

After a few more minutes, I was standing outside and someone came back and started looking around their desk in an adjacent room. They asked me where all the chairs went, so I said there was someone in the room down the hall, with the door shut, that wanted to take all the chairs as a prank. They stomped down the hall and after alot of yelling both came back and asked me who I was - at the same time the person who interviewed me came back and got to hear the whole story. They didn't appreciate it that way, but he said no loss because they weren't going to let me come back anyways.

So close, yet so far.

A few years ago I worked at a office and some nights I had to work till early in the morning. Things would be slow and I'd get bored so I had the awesome idea of going to each computer and turning the speakers all the way up so when they would login they would get a nice surprise. Needless to say the following morning was full of people scrambling to turn down their speaker volume and me cracking up in the background.

No one ever caught me

Shield of Telara

Years ago while working for the government, we loaded our bosses office with balloons. It took an air compressor and about 1500 balloons. This is not a joke, he got so mad, he had a heart attack!! I've been much more mild with pranks since then.
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

This is pretty lame.. but

we use MSN to talk back and forth between offices instead of email/phones, just because its a lot easier in most cases..
    One of the other cad guys here got a new machine yesterday, but he doesn't know anything at all about computers. he was afraid to upgrade his video drivers without getting the IT people to help..finally talked him into it and walked him through the stupidly easy process of the update..

Then I got everyone else in the office to use http://textmechanic.com/Reverse-Text-Generator.html and turn their text upside down when messaging him and convinced him that the drivers had messed up his computer somehow.

lame, but pretty damn funny i thought.. timing just worked out good on it.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post

we use MSN to talk back and forth between offices instead of email/phones, just because its a lot easier in most cases..
    One of the other cad guys here got a new machine yesterday, but he doesn't know anything at all about computers. he was afraid to upgrade his video drivers without getting the IT people to help..finally talked him into it and walked him through the stupidly easy process of the update..

Then I got everyone else in the office to use http://textmechanic.com/Reverse-Text-Generator.html and turn their text upside down when messaging him and convinced him that the drivers had messed up his computer somehow.

Actually I like that one a lot, harmless enough and yet its funny as hell lol
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post

OMG LMAO I love it!!!!!!!!!!! Did he freak out? hahaha

I just walked past my friend/co-workers desk and said, "oh before I forget, you left your lights on" She jumped up and thanked me and ran out to her car. When she came back in and before I could say "april fools" she flipped me off hahahahahahahahaha

Years ago, at another place, we had an email virus going around. It looked like it came from someone in the office/on your contact list. So, I created an email with an attachment that read just like the virus email. Only, that my attachment just said APRIL FOOLS. Now, I sent that email to a co-worker and she asked me if I sent it.

I faint ignorance and was like "No, I didn't sent you any email, why?" She got totally excited and was like OMG OMG I got the virus. Before I could stop her, she ran to our IT director and told him that she had the virus. I was cracking up, omg it was too funny.

However, it went all the way to our plant manager and I had to finally step up and tell them that it wasn't a virus. LMAO He said "no harm done, but don't do that again." I guess he didn't think it was funny. LOL
    Last edited by Agrona77; 04-01-2011 at 12:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread