+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you lose those unwanted pounds?

Default How do you lose those unwanted pounds?

Considering the demographic of people in here I figured I would ask. How do you lose those unwanted pounds? Better yet what works and what does not? I would like to hear any method as long as it works. Talk about off topic, this is it.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sornin View Post
    did it work for you?

i like being fat, and its weird but the ladies find me fluffy

Quote Originally Posted by DSWBeef View Post
    i like being fat, and its weird but the ladies find me fluffy
    I like having muscle but extra fat no. It is just not me. If you like it then that is you indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
    did it work for you?
    Don't use the shake weight lol

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Exercise and good nutrition. Kinda sounds like a commercial but that's it for me. I even planted a vegetable garden in my backyard this year just so I could keep fresh veggies around. It's been a fun experience so far since I've never been able to grow even the smallest plant before. Oh and I cut back on carbs. They kill me! I swear I gain weight just from looking at a box of pasta! And I love pasta!

I've actually been trying to gain weight. It just doesn't work for me! My metabolism is too high.
    its = possessive, it's = it is | whose = possessive, who's = who is | your = possessive, you're = you are | too = also or too much, to = to go or to do, two = 2 | their = possessive, there = a place, they're = they are | than = comparative, then = deals with time

Sign these petitions: Halo Reach for PC | Legend of the Seeker season 3 (tv show)

It depends on how old you are I suppose. And if you aren't gaining weight you aren't trying hard enough! Try eating one of the giant toblerone bars (so delicious) every day. 2k calories right there.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, use Deathpaste. It is the only unclinically proven toothpaste that removes entire layers of flesh off of your body!
    Last edited by Hanlo; 07-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Running and the gym. It's not for everybody, but it's worked for me. Once you actually force yourself into settling into a routine, the rest pretty much takes care of itself. A treadmill is an awesome thing to pick up because you can use it any time of year and it's right there in that room that you don't have anything else in.

Oh, and I avoid any food that makes my heart spasm when I look at it. It sucks at first, but cutting out a lot of fast food and things that are fried, battered, and fried again really helps.

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremarr View Post
    Running and the gym. It's not for everybody, but it's worked for me. Once you actually force yourself into settling into a routine, the rest pretty much takes care of itself. A treadmill is an awesome thing to pick up because you can use it any time of year and it's right there in that room that you don't have anything else in.

Oh, and I avoid any food that makes my heart spasm when I look at it. It sucks at first, but cutting out a lot of fast food and things that are fried, battered, and fried again really helps.
    Yea I hike 7 mile day, swim for 1/2 mile. I will have to add treadmill and stop eating pasta! But keep the ideas coming. I can use them all plz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYmfmwUc3p8

i do stuff like this, but i pair up with a buddy and we shout instructions to each other. we usually do three sets of 5 minutes (15 minute total) with about 45 seconds to rest between.

also do it with a lot more movement/footwork. it makes for a very good cardio workout.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

One of the best and easiest secrets to effective weight loss is water. Yes, plain ol' water.

Many people drink a very large number of calories each day, and never consider that when trying to lose weight. Some of those Starbucks drinks clock in at hundreds of calories, and alcohol and juice contain hundreds of calories, too. Have some juice with breakfast, a few of those expensive coffees with all that syrup and sugar, and end the day with a beer and you may have added 1000 calories to your daily total.

There is no need to drink anything but water, except maybe for some milk in your morning cereal. Also, drink plenty of it. Staying hydrated has many benefits, one of them being that you will tend to eat less. A lot of people become tuned to confusing thirst for hunger, so do not let yourself get thirsty.

That being said, I really want a beer right now.

Dukan Diet Absolutely amazing, plus it gets you into the habit of eating healthily and exercising for the rest of your life.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

I've always been a fan of the cardio workouts for keeping pounds off. Running is good, and trailrunning is particularly fun if you have a nice wooded area near your home.

If you're working out at a gym and are tired of the treadmill, I'd look around and see if there are any rowing machines. 15-20 minutes on one of those is a great workout, and I rowed a bit as an undergraduate and could suggest some fun workouts... at least, as fun as they can be on those machines.

Just be careful not to eat probably an hour or so before you use the rowing machine, or you might throw up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast