+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kill time and aliens while waiting for Rift

Default Kill time and aliens while waiting for Rift

Into co-op alien slaying mayhem?

http://www.alienswarm.com/

Will be a free title on Steam on the 19th. While I still don't really approve of Steam there are a few titles and features that are fun and handy.

Going to give this title a spin.

I <3 anything that comes out of Valve, but I also hate them. I just want to finish the half life 2 series. /cry How long does it take to make ONE EPISODE!?

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

This little game is a blast. Played it duo and then with four people today.

Four classes to choose from, leveling opens up new equipment and gun options.

The tech class is required on almost every map to hack into doors and consoles. Hacking is a mini game and you have to watch your tech's back while he is hacking.

Medics can drop AE healing packs, which heal anyone standing in the radius. Anyone can carry extra ammo packs when you place on the ground and everyone can use to get some extra clips. Running out of ammo on a map is pretty much giving the aliens a free lunch.

Doors may need to be cut through with a torch or you can weld some doors shut to slow down the swarms. The doors have health and they will break them down given enough time.

There is friendly fire so formation and how you move matters. Reloading is also important. If you reload to early you waste ammo. There is also reload slider bar that if you press reload again at the right spot, it reloads your gun faster.

Great little co-op game with an awesome price (its free). It also comes with all the needed SDK components to build your own levels and campaign.
    Last edited by irongamer; 07-19-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Just downloaded this, gonna try it out in a bit thx.

Can you play it online with others? =)

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Can you play it online with others? =)
    *snicker-snort*

Just downloaded the game, havent played yet, however it seems really good. If there are classes, and unlockables and achievements, that game was made for me!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

They could create more content and I would pay for it. A real campaign with story and everything would be great. Starting to work through tiny campaign on hard difficulty.

Also started fooling with their level generator, fairly simple to use. Would not be surprised to see some fan based campaigns coming out over the next few weeks or months.
    Last edited by irongamer; 07-22-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Every time I try to start a game, be it online or offline, the game freezes up and I have to kill the process. Why can't I play!?!?
    its = possessive, it's = it is | whose = possessive, who's = who is | your = possessive, you're = you are | too = also or too much, to = to go or to do, two = 2 | their = possessive, there = a place, they're = they are | than = comparative, then = deals with time

Sign these petitions: Halo Reach for PC | Legend of the Seeker season 3 (tv show)

There are number of posts talking about that. I have never had it freeze and the friend I play with the most has never had an issue either.

My cousin had trouble with it freezing, did a reboot and then it worked fine. Not sure what the deal is. Here are the forums for the game: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=930

Its a fun game. I haven't had the chance to play it with my friends, but that is something I'm looking forward too!

+ Reply to Thread