+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Coffee

Default No Coffee

I left my travel mug at home today and the work coffee tastes horrible. How will I make it through the day?
    Woe is me.

Nef
    Telaran

Coffee is bad for you, drink water or milk.
    Goatmilk if you want to be extra healthy since its easier for us to digest than cowmilk, which is for calves which have four stomaches.
    Viking

Telaran

Take a break and get takeaway?

Actually coffee is suppose to be GOOD for you. Something in the beans antioxidants or whatever.

Anyways, tell that to my grandma coffee is bad, this woman drank at least 7-8 cups a coffee everyday for 50 years. She lived up to the age of 86.

Coffee bad for you? Nah, not at all. If it was not for my coffee in the morning, I'd be Godzilla.

Add a shot of crown royal into your work coffee, it will taste amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Silentearth View Post
    Add a shot of crown royal into your work coffee, it will taste amazing
    What about a shot of coffee into your crown? That makes work amazing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cantina View Post
    Anyways, tell that to my grandma coffee is bad, this woman drank at least 7-8 cups a coffee everyday for 50 years. She lived up to the age of 86.
    Coffee has indeed been found by several studies to have possible health benefits albeit in moderate use while heavy consumption can still have adverse effects. On some effects the findings have been inconclusive.

In any case your grandma proves nothing (that's called anecdotal evidence). You could say you have a grandma who smokes a carton of cigarettes a day and has lived to a hundred which, while unlikely, is entirely possible, and proves nothing. These things usually operate on the basis of elevated risks; as with smokers you can have people to whom seemingly smoking has been of little health detriment. Many smokers routinely use it as an excuse to underestimate the risks.

Perhaps it's that people don't understand how risks work (that is, what a risk essentially is). The statistics, however, don't lie. I find that in general people don't understand probabilities (or the nature of randomness for that matter) very well. Just because I eat healthy, excercise, refrain from smoking and use alcohol in moderation doesn't mean I'm impervious to diseases; it just means they're less likely to befall me. If I got sick tomorrow, it would be foolish to renounce my efforts as wasteful because "it happened anyway". They worked in reducing the risks, which is all they could do.

Many justify their unhealthy lifestyles by referring to people they know or heard of who got sick despite a healthy lifestyle. As if that meant your efforts had no relevance. People seem to equate probabilities when they cannot estimate them. They see getting sick more of a coin flip when in actuality it's more of a die roll where your risk level determines whether you have to roll a 1 to get sick or 1-3. There's a big difference, and just because you don't understand the difference doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Well anyway, we're good on coffee so I think I'll go get myself another cuppa joe.
    Last edited by Shmn; 03-31-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    What about a shot of coffee into your crown? That makes work amazing.
    Lol, if that's what you're going for you might as well drink straight from the bottle while no one is looking. And work would be good until you sober up or pass out...

+ Reply to Thread