+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Marylander....

Plane Touched

Default Any Marylander....

woke to the earthquake that hit around 5am this morning? Woke me up lol house shook for a couple seconds. Was recorded as a 3.6 on the scale, supposedly the hardest recorded quake to hit the east coast. Happened just outside DC but we felt it in the Baltimore area.

edit: topic should say Marylanders....

It was neat. I was in the shower when the earthquake hit.

I'm a child of the 70's and 80's...so my immediate first reaction was "THEY DROPPED THE BIG ONE!"

I was still slightly asleep, and I've watched too many sci-fi movies. I was thinking about finishing getting ready for work, walking outside, and finding a post-apocalyptic wasteland. I had planned out my first few moves (where to get guns and non-perishable foods, etc) before I got out of the shower and saw on the news that it was a minor earthquake. Darn.

It's possible my imagination is a little too active.

For us on the right coast, that was a pretty impressive shake. I heard some people in Rockville actually had things fall off of counters and shelves. It was probably stuff that was too near the edge, anyway. Why don't people prepare better?!
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by dallammarr View Post
    woke to the earthquake that hit around 5am this morning? Woke me up lol house shook for a couple seconds. Was recorded as a 3.6 on the scale, supposedly the hardest recorded quake to hit the east coast. Happened just outside DC but we felt it in the Baltimore area.

edit: topic should say Marylanders....
    All I care about is are the Maryland Crab cakes ok? I love those.

Quote Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post

lol yes MD crab cakes are awesome. And Dallammarr....you slept right through the earthquake, I had to wake you up to go investigate...I thought someone was possibly trying to break in since I was still half asleep. lol!

Yup. I felt it. I was standing by my computer brushing my teeth when it happened. Initially, I thought it was thunder ... then I thought it was a truck. Then I realized, "Oh! Earthquake!" I've been in a minor one in upstate NY before, so I was familiar with how it would feel from that first experience.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vocaliah View Post
    lol yes MD crab cakes are awesome. And Dallammarr....you slept right through the earthquake, I had to wake you up to go investigate...I thought someone was possibly trying to break in since I was still half asleep. lol!
    lol i didnt sleep through it i was half awake and thought it was a dream but then you confirmed you felt it too so we made sure the house was ok. :-P then soon after i fell back asleep.

Plane Touched

I didn't feel it at all, actually.

Hmm, I live in northern Virginia and early this morning my dog started barking for no apparent reason and woke me up. I wonder if that is what she heard. Then she climbed into bed and I fell back to sleep because it was way too early for a slacker like me to get up.

Woke my brother and his wife. I am from Baltimore, i remember the small earthquake in the 80s where it cracked our drywall. My father taught me how to fix drywall when i was 8.

Glad to hear that most of you all were ok. And i miss my steamed crabs and beer ... stuck here in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmyankee View Post
    Woke my brother and his wife. I am from Baltimore, i remember the small earthquake in the 80s where it cracked our drywall. My father taught me how to fix drywall when i was 8.

Glad to hear that most of you all were ok. And i miss my steamed crabs and beer ... stuck here in Louisiana.
    At least you have oil!

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    At least you have oil all over your back yard.
    I fixed it for you .

Earthquakes are a bit of a trip the first time you experience them. At least it was a very minor quake, so the damage should be minor and shouldn't extend much beyond the psychological realm.

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

We have two types of shrimp out here, Oiled and non oiled ... The Oiled are ready to fry ... so more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzik View Post
    It was neat. I was in the shower when the earthquake hit.

I'm a child of the 70's and 80's...so my immediate first reaction was "THEY DROPPED THE BIG ONE!"

I was still slightly asleep, and I've watched too many sci-fi movies. I was thinking about finishing getting ready for work, walking outside, and finding a post-apocalyptic wasteland. I had planned out my first few moves (where to get guns and non-perishable foods, etc) before I got out of the shower and saw on the news that it was a minor earthquake. Darn.

It's possible my imagination is a little too active.

For us on the right coast, that was a pretty impressive shake. I heard some people in Rockville actually had things fall off of counters and shelves. It was probably stuff that was too near the edge, anyway. Why don't people prepare better?!
    Heh. someone is really enjoying these earthquakes! Well I cant blame you mate, thats what I always think of when I hear that some part of the world have been hit by natural disaster. First I imagine what would happen if same thing happened in London, then I think where to get food to survive and some sort of weapons... Just in case...
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
    I really hope so.. Oh now you have me all worried! :P
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by aahingenuity View Post
    I really hope so.. Oh now you have me all worried! :P
    Yep I need a final low down. Are the crab cakes ok? I know I already asked but need to be sure. Also are the cooks who make the cakes ok?

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2004...b_cakes_lg.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast