+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Layoffs at SOE

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    40

    Default Layoffs at SOE

    Look's like some more good dev talent could make it's way to Trion hint hint !

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Skythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Candy moutain
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamzez View Post
    Look's like some more good dev talent could make it's way to Trion hint hint !
    Only that I don't think who they laid off was the elite of their dev team, you know... probably customer support or something like that?
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Slacka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skythe View Post
    Only that I don't think who they laid off was the elite of their dev team, you know... probably customer support or something like that?
    Not the case actually, lot of devs included, amongst which one of those confirmed as laid off is Timetravelling which has caused a lot of unhappiness over on EQ2 flames.

    While I haven't played EQ2 in a long while so am not familiar with current devs the general theme I have seen from the comments was that he seems to be the only one that was still creating fun and challenging raid encounters for the hardcore community.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Slacka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Also confirmed as gone from Vanguard are Wigin, Ikik and Raijiin, and also Saavedra who used to be on EQ2 but was pulled onto the Agency dev team.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Raevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    382

    Default

    I haven't seen the full list, but I'm so sad that Raijinn was laid off. He's one of my favorite people. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he finds his way here.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Slacka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    I haven't seen the full list, but I'm so sad that Raijinn was laid off. He's one of my favorite people. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he finds his way here.
    Doubt there is a full list, am just going by what had been posted on various forums. Time and Sav have been confirmed due to their farewell posts, the others are currently only reportedly confirmed.

  7. #7
    Champion Sals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Sucks that good people just doing there job have to suffer due to SoE ignoring there customers.

    Change the way you do business Sony, the little guys are getting bigger. Customers are getting wise to your crappy support.
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Slyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    I heard that some of them were posting their 'goodbyes' on other sites.

    Does anyone have any links ?
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

    If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Raevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    I heard that some of them were posting their 'goodbyes' on other sites.

    Does anyone have any links ?
    I know that Timetraveler posted in a thread at eq2flames. He's the only one I've seen so far, except Raijinn on twitter and facebook.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Anasazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sals View Post
    Sucks that good people just doing there job have to suffer due to SoE ignoring there customers.

    Change the way you do business Sony, the little guys are getting bigger. Customers are getting wise to your crappy support.
    It takes some time but eventually people don't deal with companies that don't care about the customer anymore or their opinions. Once the reputation is tarnished most don't return. Gamers are most fickle. I left EQ2 a while ago and will never go back. They lost me permanently for EQ2. They did not listen to their customer base. In the end, it really hurts what they were trying to protect. Profit.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Darcnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Potato Land,USA!
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    I saw this coming a mile away sadly. SoE has been moving devs to their f2p with subscription games. Sure, its been slowly, but it has been noticeable, now they are letting go devs that were pretty decent. EQ2 is suffering a slow, painful death it seems, and it used to be quite the game back in the days of Moorguard/Blackguard and the others...in my opinion

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Raevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    I saw this coming a mile away sadly. SoE has been moving devs to their f2p with subscription games. Sure, its been slowly, but it has been noticeable, now they are letting go devs that were pretty decent. EQ2 is suffering a slow, painful death it seems, and it used to be quite the game back in the days of Moorguard/Blackguard and the others...in my opinion
    It's been dying an extended painful death since Hartsman left, and I'm sure he left because he saw it coming. It makes me sad that a game I loved so much has gone down this road.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Slacka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    I know that Timetraveler posted in a thread at eq2flames. He's the only one I've seen so far, except Raijinn on twitter and facebook.
    Saavedra posted on the first page of the same thread on EQ2Flames.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Raevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacka View Post
    Saavedra posted on the first page of the same thread on EQ2Flames.
    Oh yup, you're right, he did.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Slyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    1,669

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts