+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blizzard sending out 7 day activations to entice you back...

Default Blizzard sending out 7 day activations to entice you back...

Just recieved an email from Blizzard stating my account can be reactivated with 7 days of gametime. This is a blatant and obvious attempt to try and get people to come back to WoW now that the first free month of RIFT is up. Funny the timing isnt it? On the last day of the first free month of RIFT. Nice try, but I will be sticking with RIFT.

Telaran

Rival Companies fighting for business.... news at 11!

Quote Originally Posted by Burdock View Post
    Just recieved an email from Blizzard stating my account can be reactivated with 7 days of gametime. This is a blatant and obvious attempt to try and get people to come back to WoW now that the first free month of RIFT is up. Funny the timing isnt it? On the last day of the first free month of RIFT. Nice try, but I will be sticking with RIFT.
    7 days to remind me why I left... hmmm, sounds good.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by NotGhostly View Post
    Rival Companies fighting for business.... news at 11!
    Yeah, as it turns out people will do what they want... its a shock really..lol People who enjoy this game will stay and keep enjoying it... people who don't wont stay.. and many after days of telling people they are quitting.. becuase we all care so much lol. Blizzard realizes what it did to the mmo community and figures 1.1 just came out and people will be mad that thier class got nerfed, and they just need a little nudge to come back over.

Yeayh they are hurting.... this whole WoW has 12mil subs is an old number... there has been a few MMO's go F2P and some new releases... I would imagine .. and yes it is a guess... their subs are really between 6-7 Mil. Still a strong number...

Hopefully WoW's numbers will go up after the rifts 30 days.... when all the cry babies leave.

I know it'll most likely be a hit on the server population but I don't care... they just whine way to much... gives me a headache reading the forums some days.

They do this a lot. Many friend of mine that left WoW as well recieved them and they don't even play Rift. It is a blanket thing they do a bit. Save the code for when Rift is starting to bore you befopre a content release and have a free week there haha as a break

The subs are divided roughly 50/50 with the Western market and the RotW, with China's differant account model counting for a heack of a lot.

So 12 million worldwide would break down into roughly 6 million in the West, where Rift has been released. This is not an old number either, it is from within the last few months. If Rift took one million from them say and another one or two are off doing beta on other games due to the wait on 4.2 rather than 4.1 as they have really messed up the latest major content release or trying other products than a 25% to 50% drop in revenue from their subscription model is one hell of a hit.

As soon as all game makers start to realise the nerf bat cycle and not seperating PvP from PvE is starting to make ther communities mightilly annoyed then this might help them.

Trion, please learn, seperate your PvE from Your PvP now whilst yopu have the chance. You can make both sides happy or both sides annoyed.

Solution....Release more PvP souls rather than nerf PvE souls and add 2 PvP only roles. Reduce the current roles to 3, so thats 5 overall and have four or 5 PvP souls per calling. Don't have PvE souls allowed in PvP land and PvP souls in PVE land.

I feel so unloved. I have never received an email like that from Blizzard.

OTOH, I was able to access the PTR last time I tried. Maybe they think that makes up for it?

They've sent me 4 of these emails in the last 6 months, trying to get me back.

I always use them just so i can post in their forums.

+ Reply to Thread