+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!! New BP cap not leaking

Default Finally!!! New BP cap not leaking

Let's hope it holds till they can plug the well!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38255728...ulf/?GT1=43001

Ah that's great.. Now they better start cleaning up their mess..

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Why? Let more habitat die... Maybe THEN humans will realise what a sh!tty race we are, and either unite together to solve problems, OR go extinct faster. I believe latter one will happen 97.3% of the time...
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Yep they say the cleanup will be ongoing for about 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I don't think it is "their" mess....rather "our" mess as in, the human race. BP aren't the only ones responsible for this, Governments, our perceived "need", and let's not forget Amoco ...we are ALL responsible.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

So far the pressure in the well is rising steadily which is a good sign.

The state of the environment all over the world is our mess; the gluttony for fossil fuels is our mess, I agree with that, but BP and affiliates can take a front seat in causing this huge addition to the environmental mess.

You want to hope (well I do) that after this the world will pull together and start taking the state of the environment and the planet seriously, but in the back of my mind there's still little confidence in that happening. It seems like where there's money being made there's a collective blind eye by those in power.

Stick em' Up! LOL I could not resist when I found this pic.

http://www.robertamsterdam.com/BP_art.jpg

Just because it's related (the organization directly compares the two):

Have you found yourself growing weary of the plight in the Gulf of Mexico? Have you been sitting at home wondering if there's any way to perhaps deflect a bit of the attention onto someone else? Perhaps a different country entirely?

Well here's your chance!!!

Don't let details get in the way! Ignore the fact that millions and millions of barrels of oil have been spewed into open ocean! Don't worry about the Gulf of Mexico! Alberta, Canada is the home of the Tar Sands, the dirtiest oil on the planet!!

Funny, you never seem to hear the enivornmentalists complain about pumping the dirtiest gasoline in the planet into their monstrous SUV's every day, do you? I'm sure they're thinking it though. I guess the oil sands, which have been producing oil since the 60's, just weren't a big deal until now. The timing of this campaign with the ongoing events in the Gulf of Mexico is purely coincidental, I assure you.

Now, I'm not claiming that the oil sands are clean. It's a rather dirty process to get it from the ground to a barrel. However, the spin that this international organization of environmentally conscious people puts on it would make me laugh if it wasn't such a thoroughly played-out tactic.
    Last edited by Goremarr; 07-16-2010 at 03:59 PM.

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

You know I watched a show where they talked about how they got the oil out of the sands but I didn't know it produced that much greenhouse gas. That's horrid.

Yep both oil stories are really bad. Maybe if we screw up the planet enough NASA will get working on space flight so we can find a new planet to screw up!

It is horrid. Not a clean way to get oil at all. I really can't stress strongly enough how seriously you shouldn't take the numbers thrown out on this site, though. Like activists are wont to do, they take their fair share of liberties with the information. That area the size of England that is being destroyed? The total area that the Athabasca oil sands occupy is about 140,000 square kilometres. That's oddly England-sized. The amount of land actually being used by these operations is somewhere on the order of 600 square kilometres. But they're practically the same amount of area, right?

The amount of greenhouse gas produced is pretty substantial, making up about 0.1% of the world's total. For the sake of argument, let's say it's all CO2. That is about the same annual output as New Zealand, Cuba, or Bosnia. The tailings ponds are also pretty disgusting. Gotta call a spade a spade, right? Lots of greenhouse gases and lots of water being used. That is some dirty-*** oil, there's noo doot aboot it.

But I'll give ya three guesses as to where the majority of the dirtiest oil on the planet (!!!!!) ends up.

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

Ok I'll play. It's gotta be the US. Besides I read it somewhere else.... I think anyway!

Into our oceans? =p

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    You know I watched a show where they talked about how they got the oil out of the sands but I didn't know it produced that much greenhouse gas. That's horrid.
    ...and yet with all that, which is disgusting, the USA and China are still the biggest polluters.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    ...and yet with all that, which is disgusting, the USA and China are still the biggest polluters.
    Could it be because they have the most people. China just started it's industrial revolution give them a chance. Instead of trying to redirect where to point the finger why don't countries look for a better solution. Nothing worth doing is every easy. We need a new energy source. I wish people like Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla etc were around still. They were the doers. They solved the problems. Do we even have anyone like that anymore or is it all dumbed down?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast