+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice how biased MMORPG.com is towards Rift?

Banned

Default Anyone notice how biased MMORPG.com is towards Rift?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...oes-Wrong.html

So to be fair they did do a "5 things Rift did Right". The problem is in the comments section of that articles they allowed close to 100 comments of back to back trolling and I saw several Rift fans getting comments deleted while trolls were allowed.

Now they post this. You mean to tell me 85 NEGATIVE comments and not a single dispute to anything the guy posted?

Does anybody know why this site is so rough on Rift fans? Do they have agenda against this game or what?

Sez

It must get financial support from other mmos.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

MMORPG.com is the largest source of e-tears and angst ever created.

They hate just about everything, except WoW... sometimes anyways.

They're like a kaleidoscope of everything wrong with the MMO community.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    It must get financial support from other mmos.
    They advertise for Rift over there, but Rift fans are really scared to post there. I took a ban on 3 accounts there for defending this game, yet they allow that much trolling.

Like the one guy in that thread who said SWToR would not use theme park questing and like 10 comments agree'n with him on how inventive it is?

i read their rift review. saw that the gist of their whining was "it isnt wow", and moved on.
    Niia - 50 Mathosian Cleric Heals
    Unicorn - 38 Dwarf Mage

<Threshold>
    Guardian - Reclaimer PvP

Champion

Same reason none of the gaming magazines have done in-depth Rift reviews yet -- they're scared of Blizztard.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Same reason none of the gaming magazines have done in-depth Rift reviews yet -- they're scared of Blizztard.
    nah most of the gaming sites have done reviews and rated Rift right where you would expect at a 8/10. I think the game is more confusing to people then anything.

SWToR and GW2 fans thought their games were the only games in 2011. According to these guys SWToR and GW2 is not supposed to compete with Blizzard they are supposed to kill it.

These are guys who do not understand that 2 mmo's can exist at one time in NA/EU with popularity. Like they expect everyone to stop what they are doing to praise BioWare or ArenaNet when they put out a press release?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    They advertise for Rift over there, but Rift fans are really scared to post there. I took a ban on 3 accounts there for defending this game, yet they allow that much trolling.

Like the one guy in that thread who said SWToR would not use theme park questing and like 10 comments agree'n with him on how inventive it is?
    I'm not sure if anyone's ever mentioned this before, but your post count is like, over 6k.

Secondly, to answer the OPs title, yes, they appear biased. But they are *allowed* to be, I wouldn't fret over the internet not being voiced in your favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    IGN and Gamespot did video reviews and gave Rift good scores. Rift's Metacritic score is a 83, not bad for Trion's first game.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    IGN and Gamespot did video reviews and gave Rift good scores. Rift's Metacritic score is a 83, not bad for Trion's first game.
    I think that is what is making these haters mad. The game is supposed to fail after a month. According to these guys this game was supposed to fail on launch.

They act like every server will shut down in 3 days. Where is that Aion forum rage we all saw? Where is the WAR forum rage we all saw in the first month? I do not know anyone who is actually leaving after the first month.

I think that is what is making these haters mad. The game is supposed to fail after a month. According to these guys this game was supposed to fail on launch.

They act like every server will shut down in 3 days. Where is that Aion forum rage we all saw? Where is the WAR forum rage we all saw in the first month? I do not know anyone who is actually leaving after the first month.
    I agree critics and fans like the game. But I still think they released too many servers, and I think you were also saying it when they announced it. It would have been so much better to slowly open servers over time.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I agree critics and fans like the game. But I still think they released too many servers, and I think you were also saying it when they announced it. It would have been so much better to slowly open servers over time.
    I have never seen a NA server go low in the 12-13 hours I look at that shard screen. Some stay medium like mine, but I do not see that Aion rage.

I was there for that Aion rage. People just went the hell of in general channels so mad at broken stuff. So many people in my guild just quit and raged. I am not seeing this rage.

You see one or two guys on the forums and their reasons trip you out, but I do not see like entire guilds just leaving. For every 'i quit' post I have seen new people asking questions.

Shadowlander

Well said Pure. I see tons of players that are having a blast on this game and I also don't see many leaving after a month.

Players in general are just worried about leaving there home game for something new because of many other mmorpg's not getting the job done and rather just bash troll and flat out talk crap about a game to make them self's feel better about not having the guts to try something new.

Screw places like mmorpg.com and other sites that don't want to admit that maybe just maybe these guys pulled off something that don't happen often...A great game from the get go.
    Last edited by Shadowquinn; 03-29-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowquinn View Post
    Screw places like mmorpg.com and other sites that don't want to admit that maybe just maybe these guys pulled off something that don't happen often...A great game from the get go.
    My theory is these guys are just assuming GW2 and SWToR will be perfect. It is the only way to justify this view in my head. The way they argue is like SWToR and GW2 have already been released and released perfect.

Some of these arguments are insane. Like GW2/SWToR will never have queue times!?!??! You will never lag in those games!?!?!? Millions of WoW fans will just up and leave in the first month!??! Rift is more hyped then GW2/SWToR?!?!

^ these are defense statements I have seen

I have never seen a NA server go low in the 12-13 hours I look at that shard screen. Some stay medium like mine, but I do not see that Aion rage.

I was there for that Aion rage. People just went the hell of in general channels so mad at broken stuff. So many people in my guild just quit and raged. I am not seeing this rage.

You see one or two guys on the forums and their reasons trip you out, but I do not see like entire guilds just leaving. For every 'i quit' post I have seen new people asking questions.
    I agree completely, I played Aion and quit within the first month so did most of my friends. Most people have nothing to complain about in Rift so they complain about typical MMO stuff and "Rift has no soul" nonsense. Which tells me they are grasping at the straws for something to complain about.

But what I am saying is it would have been better publicity if they opened servers a month after launch instead of opening so much at launch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast