+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice how biased MMORPG.com is towards Rift?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    They advertise for Rift over there, but Rift fans are really scared to post there. I took a ban on 3 accounts there for defending this game, yet they allow that much trolling.

Like the one guy in that thread who said SWToR would not use theme park questing and like 10 comments agree'n with him on how inventive it is?
    creating 2 more accounts to continue posting after your were banned on the first one sounds like you were trolling.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
    creating 2 more accounts to continue posting after your were banned on the first one sounds like you were trolling.
    I tried to defend the game, but you simply can not. When you defend the game you get labeled a fan boi and get banned soon after.

If you say constant negative stuff about Trion and how rift is a clone nothing happens.

Rift Chaser

1st account banned: Basically defending myself against constant attacks and going off on the mods for just letting trolls do whatever they felt like

2nd account banned: I went into a guild wars 2 review and stated "I believe this quest system will be a huge positive, but I do not want to get hyped up and will continue to play rift" ...account banned the next day

3rd account banned: I posted the 1.1 patch notes and provided a link. People claimed the link was gold spam and banned the account, BUT LEFT THE LINK!

Trust me I have tried. You can not defend Rift on that site without being labeled a fan boi and then banned soon after.
    maybe they noticed the IP was the same and they banned you based on that. you sound like 100% fanboi material.

They advertise for Rift over there, but Rift fans are really scared to post there. I took a ban on 3 accounts there for defending this game, yet they allow that much trolling.

Like the one guy in that thread who said SWToR would not use theme park questing and like 10 comments agree'n with him on how inventive it is?
    The advertising for rift is based on your browsing habits.

They have next to no control over which ads are there. If you had a diaper fetish and looked that stuff up constantly you would see ads for huggies.

Rift Chaser

If you say constant negative stuff about Trion and how rift is a clone nothing happens.
    why would you get banned for speaking the truth?
    Last edited by bishbosh; 03-29-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
    maybe they noticed the IP was the same and they banned you based on that. you sound like 100% fanboi material.
    Like I said. Defending Rift = fanboi. Dude I have just blatantly outrageous lies...Trion is selling your account info...the people that called the op crazy got labeled fan bois.

Rift graphics are on par with Diablo 1...if you say wtf then you get labeled a fan boi..you simply can not say anything positive about the game. It is a Rift forum where you can not talk positively about the game.

The moderators encourage arguing. Like threads that praise Trion are locked or say "god I am loving this game" <--those post are locked. The title of the forum says Rift...so the assumption is you can be happy about the game there, but I guess not.

This is the only site outside of WoW hardcore sites I have seen doing this.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 03-29-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Oh this is wonderful. This thread is the epitomy of how bad RIFT fanboys have gotten.

They post the MMORPG topic on the 5 things great about rift everyone cheers and goes "TAKE THAT, HATERS!"

Then they post teh MMORPG topic on 5 things worst about Rift and everyone's going "omg they're biased crybabies, they're paid by other mmos for sure"

You can cut the bias with a knife, it tastes like denial.

1st account banned: Basically defending myself against constant attacks and going off on the mods for just letting trolls do whatever they felt like

2nd account banned: I went into a guild wars 2 review and stated "I believe this quest system will be a huge positive, but I do not want to get hyped up and will continue to play rift" ...account banned the next day

3rd account banned: I posted the 1.1 patch notes and provided a link. People claimed the link was gold spam and banned the account, BUT LEFT THE LINK!

Trust me I have tried. You can not defend Rift on that site without being labeled a fan boi and then banned soon after.

Your a Troll. You are who you are, admittedly. Get over it. mmorpg.com is an ad site for mmo's. Their staff has to think every f-en mmo is good, otherwise they wouldn't have advertising. Even if Rift is an over-rated pve-heavy bore-fest, the only one's you'll hear it from are some mmorpg.com members, rather than the staff.
    Overwhelming Positive Response to RvR which was irresponsibly locked here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...hat-we-want-it but re-started here with overwhelming supoprt and locked again http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ant-it-quot-II With a total of over 400 pages, mostly in positive support, why is Trion seemingly trying to shut down any interest now? Now players are continuing to rise up here again in favor of RvR: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...our-subs-Trion

Positive information doesn't sell or sit well ... the internet created a world podium for negative energy and people who's lives are so dull and uneventful that they must fill the void by being the voice of opposition and antagonism no matter the subject, no matter their actual point of view.

Happy people just play the game and enjoy it, no matter what it is or how it's reviewed ... when was the last time you saw a really good movie that was critically acclaimed? The real world doesn't go to Sundance lol

It's rare to come across people that ar unbiased in their reviews. You have that everywhere.
    Azendi /Sol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Macmanus View Post
    Oh this is wonderful. This thread is the epitomy of how bad RIFT fanboys have gotten.

They post the MMORPG topic on the 5 things great about rift everyone cheers and goes "TAKE THAT, HATERS!"

Then they post teh MMORPG topic on 5 things worst about Rift and everyone's going "omg they're biased crybabies, they're paid by other mmos for sure"

NO THEY DIDN't. Go look at the positive article and the comments. It is like 100 comments calling the article writer an idiot and omg those do not even count or blahhh blahh nothing is original.

Same exact guy write the 5 things wrong and now he is complimented and 85 post about how much the game sucks and blahh blahhh

Only thing I can say. Thank god Trion is smarter then NCSoft. Allowing only active accounts to post here was the best decision they ever made.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 03-29-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Rift Chaser

Like I said. Defending Rift = fanboi. Dude I have just blatantly outrageous lies...Trion is selling your account info...the people that called the op crazy got labeled fan bois.

Rift graphics are on par with Diablo 1...if you say wtf then you get labeled a fan boi..you simply can not say anything positive about the game. It is a Rift forum where you can not talk positively about the game.

The moderators encourage arguing. Like threads that praise Trion are locked or say "god I am loving this game" <--those post are locked.
    thread praising rift : not locked
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...very-good.html

for some reason i think you are a liar

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...on-Thread.html
    oh look at the 2nd post in this thread

oh look another fanboi post that hadnt been locked
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ft-is-fun.html
    Last edited by bishbosh; 03-29-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebhatesyou View Post
    MMORPG.com is the largest source of e-tears and angst ever created.

They hate just about everything, except WoW... sometimes anyways.

They're like a kaleidoscope of everything wrong with the MMO community.
    ^^^ Pretty much this... Savvy gamers know the difference. The ones there, well... Theres reasons why we have genetic diversity, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    "I'm impervious to your verbal attacks because I'm
    me and you're still, you. Not your fault though."

I honestly cant find any anti Rift bias on that site any worse that any other game gets. If you want to get all out Rift negativity look no further than these very forums

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Macmanus View Post

Nice mixed metaphor, Bro. Makes no sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast