+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: To the people leaving after free month

Default To the people leaving after free month

Best of luck with your search, I know some of you are expecting GW2 and SWTOR to be your new homes, but they will have flaws and no doubt a couple of weeks after launch you will be *****ing at Arenanet and Bioware to fix there "broken" games and talking about how "Insert MMO Title Here" will be the next big thing and make all previous MMO's obsolete.

I am looking forward to you leaving tbh because I and many players have found our new home, and reading some of your ridiculous posts over the last few weeks, while entertaining has also been a real pain while searching for some meaningful threads.

I am no fanboy, Rift has some shortcomings as does every MMO and every MMO that will EVER be released but it does so much right and Trion have been so awesome that I can easily look past them.

To the guys staying see you in-game, and if your a defiant sorry in advance for the unspeakable things I'm going to do too your toon :P

To the guys leaving, please send me all your crafting mats and plat
    Night - Bloodiron - Guardian

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoracle View Post
    Best of luck with your search, I know some of you are expecting GW2 and SWTOR to be your new homes, but they will have flaws and no doubt a couple of weeks after launch you will be *****ing at Arenanet and Bioware to fix there "broken" games and talking about how "Insert MMO Title Here" will be the next big thing and make all previous MMO's obsolete.

I am looking forward to you leaving tbh because I and many players have found our new home, and reading some of your ridiculous posts over the last few weeks, while entertaining has also been a real pain while searching for some meaningful threads.

I am no fanboy, Rift has some shortcomings as does every MMO and every MMO that will EVER be released but it does so much right and Trion have been so awesome that I can easily look past them.

To the guys staying see you in-game, and if your a defiant sorry in advance for the unspeakable things I'm going to do too your toon :P

Well said.

Goodbye to all the trash talkers who would rather whine on the forums about a "non perfect" game than actually play the game.

I am a Defiant but welcome any unspeakable things, Guardian or not. ;)

Shield of Telara

Typical GW2 Post, 1 week after launch: End game sucks, there's nothing to do but repeatables, the events are cool at first but after 2 or 3 times you start seeing the same thing over and over. You better add more content or this game will fail. I'm just playing this until <next big thing> comes out anyways.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mistria View Post
    Well said.

Goodbye to all the trash talkers who would rather whine on the forums about a "non perfect" game than actually play the game.

I am a Defiant but welcome any unspeakable things, Guardian or not. ;)
    The thing is ive gotten bored with the game and find myself coming to the forums more then i log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoracle View Post

Oh no, your not flaming anyone or using incoherent wording and paragraphs, how are the trolls going to be able to understand you?

Agree with you though, high five!

Vaz
    Rift Disciple

You people must really be afraid of the upcomming mmos, because you probably know, that Rift won't stay for long.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mistria View Post
    There's nothing wrong with using a General Discussion forum to complain about shortcomings with a game. When I was looking for information about Rift, I had to scour these forums to look for the most balanced, objective gripe posts I could find to figure out what the shortcomings were...as every game has them, and I like to be aware of them going in so I'm not in for any rude surprises.

So coming across thread after thread of "SHUT UP WHINER" and "GO BACK TO WOW" and "RIFT IS TEH PERFEKTS" was actually doing much, much more to turn me off the game than any gripe post ever could. Fortunately I had a friend playing who worked on me tirelessly to give it a shot, and I have, and I'm enjoying myself, warts and all.

Long story short...complainers are not your enemy. People complain because they care. The people who don't care just quit, and never breathe a word about it. Try to learn to be less sensitive about the things you like, and engage dissatisfied people in rational conversation instead of flaming them, making LOL posts, calling them all Blizzard spies like a paranoid fruitcake, or showing them the door.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    You people must really be afraid of the upcomming mmos, because you probably know, that Rift won't stay for long.
    I think it's more along the lines of, the same thing happens in every single new MMO. You get a bunch of new players who say "I'm only playing this until [Random MMO] comes out, which will be the best thing ever".

Seems people love to get their hopes up for more of the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
    Long story short...complainers are not your enemy. People complain because they care. The people who don't care just quit, and never breathe a word about it. Try to learn to be less sensitive about the things you like, and engage dissatisfied people in rational conversation instead of flaming them, making LOL posts, calling them all Blizzard spies like a paranoid fruitcake, or showing them the door.
    I think you're giving complainers way too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    I can say, that after having been around for far too many MMO launches, Rift isnt going anywhere. It will only get better.

Will many go to SWTOR (Including myself) yes, BUT, I (and many others) plan on playing both.

By the time SWTOR launches, Rift will maintain a healthy pop, SWTOR goes through the roof on launch numbers, and MoM (say that backwards and upside down) starts to really show its age.

A lighthearted Dwarven RP guild

I'll be here for at least 6 months
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Yea and what about those of us not resubbing who have not trash talked the game?

It was one of the if not the most polished release I have been through (and I've been through most..Shadowbane anyone?).

It has solid to very good graphics and the retooling of Warhammer's public quests into Rifts was a top notch redo of a worthy mechanic.

The problem is that there is nothing else about the game that is any different in any way what so ever over the other "grind it" MMOs out there now. When you have gone through several you just can't stomach more of the same.

I guess I was holding out hope for a DAOC Version 2. PVE with an end game that has a "purpose" that is not strictly grinding faction and dungeons. What I got was an attempt to directly compete with Goliath via "copy and improve" when I want nothing to do with Goliath.

Time to wait and hope for the next one. And no, I haven't played WOW in going on 8 months and have zero intention of going back...ever.

So you b!tch about people making worthless threads to state their opinions by ... making a worthless thread to state your opinion.

Clearly OP you are a very smart person.
    Last edited by Dada7; 03-29-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    Typical GW2 Post, 1 week after launch: End game sucks, there's nothing to do but repeatables, the events are cool at first but after 2 or 3 times you start seeing the same thing over and over. You better add more content or this game will fail. I'm just playing this until <next big thing> comes out anyways.
    Guild Wars 2 isn't intended to be a massive PvE game, it's a personal story with dynamic events... a few dungeons. The rest is RvR and GvG.

Guild Wars 2 will be a thousand times better in PvP than this game.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    Yeah but GW2 will be free to play once you purchase it. If you look at what they are doing over there it is hard not to get excited, but the reason I am replying to this quote is because there will be alot less QQ than these forums, why? Cause its free :P

If GW2 is on par with rift for fun factor then why would you pay to play wow, rift, aion etc etc.. Time will tell but I have high hopes for GW2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast