+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: To the people leaving after free month

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Guild Wars 2 will be a thousand times better in PvP than this game.
    so you've tried out the pvp in GW2 already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    so you've tried out the pvp in GW2 already?
    I'm not allowed to tell you that even if I may have gotten an alpha invite.

Other than that, it's pretty obvious the PvP is better.

It has RvR and Rated PvP, this game has nothing.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Shield of Telara

Guild Wars 2 isn't intended to be a massive PvE game, it's a personal story with dynamic events... a few dungeons. The rest is RvR and GvG.

Guild Wars 2 will be a thousand times better in PvP than this game.
    Point being, people love to complain. People love to threaten companies, "make it my way or I quit". I've seen it in every MMO forum that I've ever played. If GW2 isn't perfect, people will pick it apart and find every single flaw, list them all, and threaten to quit if they aren't fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionFighter View Post
    Yeah but GW2 will be free to play once you purchase it. If you look at what they are doing over there it is hard not to get excited, but the reason I am replying to this quote is because there will be alot less QQ than these forums, why? Cause its free :P

If GW2 is on par with rift for fun factor then why would you pay to play wow, rift, aion etc etc.. Time will tell but I have high hopes for GW2.
    This is the same exact thread posted on these forums in pre-release/beta over and over, just replace GW2 with Rift and such. The grass is always greener, and fresh things always look fresher. A few weeks in everything is the same. A few weeks in this game and I'm still enjoying myself. A few months in? Well, hard to say. Generally MMO's last for many years, but I have a hard time sticking with the same game more than a few months. I might try GW2 and the star wars one. People get such strong opinions about games, as though, you can't play more than one at a time lol...
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Vaz
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    Point being, people love to complain. People love to threaten companies, "make it my way or I quit". I've seen it in every MMO forum that I've ever played. If GW2 isn't perfect, people will pick it apart and find every single flaw, list them all, and threaten to quit if they aren't fixed.
    But they can't leave GW2, because GW2 has no monthly fee...

For me to continue playing, a game has to meet one criteria. Am I having fun? Yes I am, so I'm going nowhere. As long as I'm having fun, I feel no need to nit-pick. Some people are born to complain.

Ask me if there is anything that I feel that needs to be changed. I would have to think long, and hard about it, because I'm *having too much fun*.
    This space for rent.

Kind of hard to quit when they don't even charge you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    This is the same exact thread posted on these forums in pre-release/beta over and over, just replace GW2 with Rift and such. The grass is always greener, and fresh things always look fresher. A few weeks in everything is the same. A few weeks in this game and I'm still enjoying myself. A few months in? Well, hard to say. Generally MMO's last for many years, but I have a hard time sticking with the same game more than a few months. I might try GW2 and the star wars one. People get such strong opinions about games, as though, you can't play more than one at a time lol...
    I never heard anything amazing about Rift's PvP at all, I knew that when I bought the game.

What I didn't know was the heroics really didn't change in story or terrain like they said, and the system is just like World of Warcraft.

Guild Wars 2 cannot die, it's free and has the most popular form of PvP in it, RvR. It doesn't even have gear lockouts, all PvP characters get max gear from the start. Because of that, it will have very challenging and balanced GvG.

In addition, you don't even have to level for PvP. You're just given max level and you're done, and all skills nerfed for PvP are completely separated from the PvE metagame.

It's pretty clear the PvP system is better.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-29-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Plane Walker

It's a message board devoted to the game. There's going to be complaints, praise and general discussion about the game. That isn't going to change after the free month (have you ever looked at the WoW message board? WoW is way past the free month by what, 6 years?, and most of the threads are complaints, as usual).

What I find worse than the usual threads one would expect (complaints, praise, general/specific discussion) are the threads or posts devoted to complaining about the usual threads, telling people to go away, calling them names or being excited about the prospect of people that make certain threads leaving the board forever. These threads are not about the game, but are about the forums, and while I enjoy forum-drama now and again, they are a total waste of time.

This thread is one of those threads (yes I realize by stating that I'm posting something I just said was annoying, by complaining about a thread or a kind of thread, but it's on topic).

Banned

Typical GW2 Post, 1 week after launch: End game sucks, there's nothing to do but repeatables, the events are cool at first but after 2 or 3 times you start seeing the same thing over and over. You better add more content or this game will fail. I'm just playing this until <next big thing> comes out anyways.
    You probably can not CONCIEVE of how much joy this will bring to me the first time I see this posted after what their fans have tried to do to our fan sites and people who support this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dada7 View Post
    So you b!tch about people making worthless threads to state their opinions by ... making a worthless thread to state your opinion.

Clearly OP you are a very smart person.
    Ye I know its a curse ^^ Its not worthless if someone actually sends me some lootzor :P, and I was just saying what a large portion of us where feeling while reading posts like... well yours.

Btw I have no problem with people posting there opinions, if there is some semblance of logic in it, being constructive while complaining isn't that hard.

Example: This game fails, WoW Clone, GW2 will own it.
    Constructive: I feel the game has used too many elements from other popular MMO's , it could be better by adding some non-traditional content and by diversifying rifts. I believe than GW2 will be more successful because it uses a new non-traditional quest system and that BOPF is a superior revenue generation system.

See how easy that is ? Just add some justification to your post.

Gratz on 41 OP.

Might wanna be grateful for the peeps trying to get the endgame fixed so it's seemless fun for you when you eventually hit 50.

Til then you really have no experience with this game's shortcomings at endgame.

In addition, you don't even have to level for PvP. You're just given max level and you're done, and all skills nerfed for PvP are completely separated from the PvE metagame.

It's pretty clear the PvP system is better.
    If that's what you like. I actually enjoy the challenge of leveling in contested areas and fighting against higher and lower level opponents. Clearly for you, GW2 is better, for me I actually love the pvp system here, so it's better for me.

Soulwalker

I am one of those people who like this game a lot, especially the pvp, but currently this game isn't offering any worthy end game. You may call grinding "end game", but what are you gonna do once you hit rank 6, continue grinding warfronts?

I am gonna wait until/if they launch any worthy type of pvp, pve is really good though, but until they add more PvP content I am sticking with non-MMOs.

And no, I am not going for TOR or GW2, not my type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristany View Post
    Gratz on 41 OP.

Might wanna be grateful for the peeps trying to get the endgame fixed so it's seemless fun for you when you eventually hit 50.

Til then you really have no experience with this game's shortcomings at endgame.
    Actually 48 atm, should really update my cig.... too lazy will do it tmrw when I hit 50, and people threatening to quit because of "proposed" balance changes are hardly getting me a better endgame

Rift Chaser Flatulentia Nervosa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
    Long story short...complainers are not your enemy. People complain because they care. The people who don't care just quit, and never breathe a word about it.
    If you substitute "are lonely and desperately need attention and validation on the Interwebz" for care and "aren't" for "don't", then QFT, I agree 100%
    Last edited by Flatulentia Nervosa; 03-29-2011 at 11:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast