+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rift Vs. Wow?

Soulwalker

Default Rift Vs. Wow?

Which do you prefer and why??? If you had to choose one over the other to give a monthly payment to, which one is more worth the moolah??

Here is how I feel:
    http://riftversuswow.blogspot.com/

Telaran

You probably could have used the advice I've given to my friends. If you still enjoy WoW, stick with it. It has 6 years of content updates going for it and no new game can compete with that. If you do not enjoy WoW anymore, try Rift. It is tons of fun.

You clearly still love WoW and play a lot of end game content with an active guild. How can you possibly replace that with another game - be it Rift or anything else?

Banned

I figured PvP would possibly keep me occupied with Rift, however, with 10 games in a row of AFKers, the brief enjoyment of blowing people up as a Saboteur was short lived.

^ AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Most of these bot programs people are using Rift were invented in WoW...AHAHHAHAHHAHAHH

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I figured PvP would possibly keep me occupied with Rift, however, with 10 games in a row of AFKers, the brief enjoyment of blowing people up as a Saboteur was short lived.

^ AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Most of these bot programs people are using Rift were invented in WoW...AHAHHAHAHHAHAHH

afk =/= bots

WoW has anti afk mechanics. rift does not. there is nothing you can do about bots, except catch them in the act and ban the account.

Shadowlander

If I HAD to choose one, I'd choose WoW. Easily. But thankfully I don't, and I'll keep playing Rift as well as WoW for now... as to why:

Trion wasn't ready for their game to be this succesful, and it's obvious with the severe lack of support and response to AFK issues, which has made PvP a little unbearable.... also the time I've spent doing the battlegrounds I haven't really had too much fun, even when we win (I still enjoy WoW PvP, sorry)

The hacking issue, while "fixed" (Oh yeah I just have to start the game, put in my password, then alt-tab over to my mail and copy/paste another code before I can play... seriously?) left a very bad taste in many people's mouths. I personally wasn't hacked, but still made me a little skeptical about investing time into the game only to have it all swept away in an instant.

Those things aside, the game runs great and is very pretty. I love the zones.

Like one of the posters said WoW has been out for 6 years if your bored of it play Rift, if your not stick with WoW, both have their pros and cons. You should choose where to stay and play based on your experiences and how much fun you are having. I personally have not had AFKs on my team as a Gaurdian but I do see Defiants afking especially in Black Garden. In all honesty though at least they are just afkers and not bots playing overnight for them as of yet.
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6849/senokasigzl1.jpg
    Senoko - R50 Rogue, Greybriar - Guardian
    Subscribe/Watch my vids! - http://www.youtube.com/user/iTzSenoko
    Check out my livestream! http://www.twitch.tv/Senoko
    Latest PvP video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_AV7xpAFSg

Quote Originally Posted by jacksworth View Post

WoW has anti afk mechanics. rift does not.
    Rift will have what WoW has in 2 day.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Rift will have what WoW has in 2 day.
    lol isn't that the truth.

Telaran

In their current states I would pick Rift over WoW.

WoW is on cruise control recycling content and roller coaster rebalancing classes to make the arenas work.
    Cataclysm is by far the worst WoW xpac to date I know a number of people that quit WoW because of it, including me. Overall I was pretty disappointed with Cataclysm and even though after having played WoW from launch with periodic breaks to play other MMOs, I'm pretty sure I'm not going back to WoW. The game has just changed too much.

Rift is cool, but its pretty much more of the same ol' same ol'. I'm sure it will get better over time, but I'm bored with Rift already too. I just dont feel like grinding out dungeons for gear to raid and with no RvR in Rift the pvp is kinda boring. Rift needs an RvR zone and world pvp objectives it would keep all the bored people playing.

Really, all Trion has to do is make an RvR zone like AV wth a couple of keeps to seige and all the ppl leaving would probably stay. They'd all still be crying about imbalances, but they would cry while playing and not unsubbing :P

Soulwalker

I have only playing a few days and would pick Rift.I am a ShadowBane player and once they deleted that game my guild went to WoW and got pretty bored.This game seems to be still be fixing issues which all games have,and I will stay around after my 30 days............

Arena killed wow for me.

The type of people it brought along with it as it evolved into an E-sport was disgusting.

I was about to quit in TBC until I heard that the lich king would be next, I begrudgingly held on until I downed him and I quit that very night. Ulduar was the only thing half decent during wrath. Looking back now, I can't believe I stayed so long, The whole mess makes me nauseous.

Rift>wow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jjshew View Post
    Arena killed wow for me.

The type of people it brought along with it as it evolved into an E-sport was disgusting.

I was about to quit in TBC until I heard that the lich king would be next, I begrudgingly held on until I downed him and I quit that very night. Ulduar was the only thing half decent during wrath. Looking back now, I can't believe I stayed so long, The whole mess makes me nauseous.

Rift>wow
    Arena will never happen in this game or it will lose massive subs. x-server LFG or Arena is the easiest way to kill Rift. If you see either then expect huge unsubs.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by overtime View Post
    In their current states I would pick Rift over WoW.

WoW is on cruise control recycling content and roller coaster rebalancing classes to make the arenas work.
    Cataclysm is by far the worst WoW xpac to date I know a number of people that quit WoW because of it, including me. Overall I was pretty disappointed with Cataclysm and even though after having played WoW from launch with periodic breaks to play other MMOs, I'm pretty sure I'm not going back to WoW. The game has just changed too much.
    They made the game way to easy... with WOTLK ...you could hit 80 and have the best gear in a few hours....

Cataclysm felt like a $40 content patch.. the patch released before the actual xpac was better recieved than the xpac itself...

so . Thanks but I'll be playing Rift and Guild Wars until GW2 or Diablo 3 comes out... whichever is first

I really hope this thread gets locked. This is a inflammatory thread. Your posting in the rift forums. Which do YOU think will be the popular one? All OP is trying to do is stir up a hornets nest that has been dieing down.

Edit: Also, I loled at the shameless self plug bs that bloggers like to do, because we ALL care about your opinions on everything....
    Last edited by Naronas; 03-28-2011 at 09:19 PM.

IXI

Rift isn't WoW. If you have to compare, just stay with WoW because you don't get what Rift is really about.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast