+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Guild wars 2!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mosseman View Post
    I'm a GW fan anyway and from what they're boasting (providing they deliver) it's going to be huge.
    Amazing how the next MMO round the corner is going to be the 'one' (Rift being the latest of course), and how it never happens.

I'm expecting to see the same reaction to GW2 and SW:ToR as round here, when the realisation sets in that there's no such thing as the 'one'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    Strange, an on-line friend who's played GW1 more or less since release, and who persuaded me to give it a try, and is a huge fan of it hates what they've done to GW2.
    Yes there are a few disgruntled GW1 players who just wanted the next game to be a graphically updated GW. Will I miss some things from the first game? Of course, but I'm really looking forward to all of the new things they are putting into the game.

Soulwalker

Default Last time

Last time I played GW it didn't leave some good expectations to GW2. So I will probably not buy it
    Last edited by Kvalmen; 03-30-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Telaran

dude thief in guild wars 2 is BAD ****ING *** check the videos at the bottom of the page http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...essions/thief/ rogues are awsome in this game talked to over 200 rogues that have messaged me personally about guild wars 2 where a war cant do more stuns or better stuns then a rogue u R ur class (not to mention rogue dps isnt a issue as ive tested in pre-beta)

Telaran

the skills are awesome not to mention guild wars is one of the few free online mmos that has gotten 900k players and u basicly build ur on char like here on rift with combos of stuff. Rift has potential but unfortunately i chose rogue with this game and the noobie rogues dont see how bad the end game is for us and continue to tell the devs the wrong s hi + so far my hope for them fixing rogues is low sense clerics out dps by a lot. already seen parses
    Last edited by Totalkaos; 03-30-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Soulwalker

1. Those saying GW2 isn't a true MMORPG need to watch some videos and get their facts straight. It is a fully open world and has over 1500 dynamic events which replace quests. One day a village could be over run with enemies and the next it could be peaceful. It is an on going and changing world.

Only 30 hours of gameplay? - Yeah maybe in the personal story, but there still is leveling, mini games, dynamic events, dungeons, and PvP. Just leveling alone like others said could be 100+ hours.

2. Those who think it will be bad because they didn't like GW1 need to watch some videos and actually look at the game. I wasn't a fan of GW1 either, but they are making it open world and adding all the features a MMO like Rift and WoW have, and maybe even more.
    Last edited by Ampd; 03-30-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalkaos View Post
    dude thief in guild wars 2 is BAD ****ING *** check the videos at the bottom of the page http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...essions/thief/ rogues are awsome in this game talked to over 200 rogues that have messaged me personally about guild wars 2 where a war cant do more stuns or better stuns then a rogue u R ur class (not to mention rogue dps isnt a issue as ive tested in pre-beta)
    a rogue that actually plays like a true rogue'ish class?! Blasphemy! Though in all seriousness im glad they decided to go for a more traditional route with rogues (A hit and run, quick mobile character) instead of the regular, stealth and stun locking **** you see in almost every other MMO game these days.

@ampd

I played the GW1 trial to see what it was all about a while back and I hated it...Just didnt like how the combat was and all the instancing....But after following up on GW2 for a lil while watching some videos, I love what they are doing with it so far...A more quick action based combat system, instead of the traditional hit an ability and watch it go....You are more in control it seems with your character, being able to dodge abilities, combine abilities with others...
    Last edited by Dewan; 03-30-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd View Post
    1. Those saying GW2 isn't a true MMORPG need to watch some videos and get their facts straight. It is a fully open world and has over 1500 dynamic events which replace quests. One day a village could be over run with enemies and the next it could be peaceful. It is an on going and changing world.

Only 30 hours of gameplay? - Yeah maybe in the personal story, but there still is leveling, mini games, dynamic events, dungeons, and PvP. Just leveling alone like others said could be 100+ hours.

2. Those who think it will be bad because they didn't like GW1 need to watch some videos and actually look at the game. I wasn't a fan of GW1 either, but they are making it open world and adding all the features a MMO like Rift and WoW have, and maybe even more.
    Don't worry, its just June making up information about Guild Wars as he/she goes. There are 2 forums memebers here who make up false information about Guild Wars 2, and that would be June and Puremallace. Best thing to do is just link stuff that disproves them, but do expect them to disregard it and hold to their lies, heck Puremallace said that Guild Wars 2 is being delayed to create a dynamic system since Rift has them they decided to add dynamic syste into their game, and despite me showing proof on how Arenanet announced their dynamic system and on how it will work in May 2010 and how Trion announced their dynamic system in August 2010, Puremallace denied it and still says the same thing.

So just disprove them if you can and move on, if you can't disprove it ask them to prove it and they will 100% of the time never prove it, ever.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    ncsoft = fail!
    ARENA net are the ones making it derp... ncsoft does not touch the game derp

Rift Master

Some thing I have noticed with Guild Wars 1 and looks to be true for Guild Wars 2, is that they make their classes awesome and unique from each other and lots of fun to play. I played almost every class through all the PvE of Guild Wars 1, I didn't play Ritualist and Mesmer. For Guild Wars 2, so far I want to play every class they have announced so far. There has never been any MMO where I wanted to play most of the classes, 2 or 3 classes were actually interesting and fun to play for me.

ranger in gw2 looks incredible. there are some 10+min demos of it on youtube if you google it. this game looks great. it is supposedly far more dynamic than the events of even rift. some events might not reset for up to 9 months there are so many dynamics in it. the gameplay to me looks incredibly fun. i have yet to find any flaws with this game from all the vids on youtube it just flat out looks great. could that change when it launches like it did with rift yes. but hopefully this game isn't the next failmmo and someone else finally gets it right. rift was close 1.0 was fun flawed but fun. then 1.1 x.x /wrist

Guild Wars 2 is going to be awesome!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

Sur
    Shadowlander

I really hope they bring back the mesmer class. I have played Guildwars since day 1 and today i still log in to explore, quest and pvp. The classes look great and the latest thief class video they released puts my rift rogue to shame lol

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sur View Post
    I really hope they bring back the mesmer class. I have played Guildwars since day 1 and today i still log in to explore, quest and pvp. The classes look great and the latest thief class video they released puts my rift rogue to shame lol
    You will not be disappointed about Mesmer

German interview here http://www.buffed.de/Guild-Wars-2-PC...s-mehr-818030/

Translation:

buffed: The Mesmer will be the next class, which you quite certainly can not confirm. But will you at least tell us which armor the next class will wear?

Peters (laughs): We won't tell which classes are still to come. But well, one will wear light and one will wear medium armor, I can tell you that much. The people expect a lot and we know that many enjoy mind tricks and aspects like that. And we'll quite certainly not disappoint those people.

Rift Master

Whole translation of the interview I posted above. I especially like what they are doing for endgame

buffed: What do you do in GW2 end game? Raids and dungeons?

Peters: Most important about GW2 is that we aren't talking about "endgame". That means the game isn't supposed to change a lot, just because one hit the maximum level. While you level you do events, dungeons, if you want to, you do world PvP, and that's just what you will do at level 80. Who enjoyed events will roam the world and search for them. Who preferred instances will visit some specifically made for level 80 and some already visited. For that there is a special repetition mode with new and different tasks.

buffed: But usually people visit instances to get good equipment. Don't you have to do that in GW2?

Peters: No, you won't be forced to do so. You can get good equipment out of large dynamic events or world PvP. The difference between dungeon, event, and PvP equipment will primarily be the appearance and not how good it is.

buffed: Does the same apply for crafted equipment?

Peters: Absolutely. There is high level crafted equipment. Anyways, the most important thing about equipment is that you can transfer the attributes of one item to another item, if it looks better. Of course, it has to be the same type of item.

buffed: You mentioned world PvP, could you explain that quickly?

Peters: Sure, the idea is to call all worlds (that is servers) once a week to a large battle. The time interval might still change. For three servers at a time one area will be generated - right now we got four different giant battlefields - in which you fight over strategic points like fortresses, watch towers and sawmills.

buffed: Doesn't that mean that alliances between two sides will form to dispatch the third?

Peters: Well, that's possible, but there are no means of direct communication between the servers. But that's exactly the reason why we chose three sides for PvP. If one side dominates the other two can cooperate with unspoken agreement. If one of the weaker sides becomes the strongest then the alliances might change again. It just doesn't make much sense if 200 players from server A conquer everything and the 30 players that server B and C can bring each are even fighting among each other.

buffed: Regarding crafting: You can combine ingredients to discover recipes?

Peters: Exactly, we want that players experiment to discover new things.

buffed: Are these recipes always the same? Meaning three chunks of wood, some leather, and two rods of iron always create a great axe? Or does that vary?

Peters: It'll always be the same arrangement. We want to encourage experimentation, but we also want to reward the players if they have discovered something. Thus, once someone knows a recipe they'll always be able to use it again.

buffed: The Mesmer will be the next class, which you quite certainly can not confirm. But will you at least tell us which armor the next class will wear?

Peters (laughs): We won't tell which classes are still to come. But well, one will wear light and one will wear medium armor, I can tell you that much. The people expect a lot and we know that many enjoy mind tricks and aspects like that. And we'll quite certainly not disappoint those people.

buffed: Guild Wars was really successful, all in all you sold seven million copies. Do you think GW2 could be even more successful?

Peters: I hope so. We implemented many great ideas in Guild Wars already and we now specifically addressed the issues of the game and the genre and improved upon them. We want to avoid that players are always competing in PvE areas: Who gets the resource node? Who kills the monster? That prevents teaming up and the feeling of working towards a common goal. We want to create a world which the players like to enter to play together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast