+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how is the nvidia geforce gtx 460?

Shadowlander

Default how is the nvidia geforce gtx 460?

i am getting a new computer from ibuypower, and it comes with a nvidia geforce gtx 460 video card and i read reviews, but they dont say anything but how it is compared to Nvidieas previous videa cards, which i know nothing about. So anyways, i am looking to play games like Crysis 2 without lag (on at least normal settings ). The model of computer i am getting is http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Ship_...el_Core_i7_RTG, so i was wondering if anybody knew about this computer, how good it would be, how long it would last without upgrades, ect. Thanks

Crysis 2 doesn't have "normal" settings. High, very high, extreme. I don't think it would run Crysis 2 very well, but would run Rift fairly well.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 03-27-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Disciple

I use a gtx 460, and I run everything maxed out, except shadows. But I don't like shadows. I'm usually at 58-60 fps, sometimes down to 40 during big invasions with alot of people around.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Crysis 2 doesn't have "normal" settings. High, very high, extreme. I don't think it would run Crysis 2 very well, but would run Rift fairly well.
    if my gtx 260 can run the original crysis on max settings with 4x anti aliasing and 1400x900 resolution a gtx 460 sure as hell should be able to run crysis 2....Crysis 2 doesnt really look that great imo compared to the first.
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    I use a gtx 460, and I run everything maxed out, except shadows. But I don't like shadows. I'm usually at 58-60 fps, sometimes down to 40 during big invasions with alot of people around.
    I have gtx 460m in my ASUS G73JW and using same settings with same fps.

Telaran

If you are getting a GTX460 get the MSI Hawks or Hawk Talon Attacks. I am really happy with my 2 overclocked Hawks
    I5 760 @ 4 ghz, 2x MSI GTX460 Hawks @ 1 ghz, 8G DDR3, Viewsonic PJD6211 on a 120" screen

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rastix View Post
    If you are getting a GTX460 get the MSI Hawks or Hawk Talon Attacks. I am really happy with my 2 overclocked Hawks
    What type of scaling are you getting? Can you give and example of you fps with 1 460 vs 2? I want to get my wife a second 460 but am afraid the performance gains will not be worth it. Thanks!

Default gtx 460m

I run a gtx 460m on my alienware m17x r3 and play crysis 1&2 on the highest settings but shadow is on low or off and I play in 3d and that drops fps a little

If you're buying now and it has to be NVidia, go for one of the new GTX 550/60/70Ti cards. They're competitively priced while being very good. Much better than any of the 4-- cards due to better power and heat management.
    Last edited by Tarkus; 04-26-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    -Isais, Lotham US.

< Buff Clerics >
    We're not recruiting. Sorry.

Soulwalker

She already have a 460 so that is what I am wondering. From what I have read 2 460's should be a fair bit faster than a 560 which i have in my rig. Just not sure if they will be in Rift as she only plays Rift.

Rich Aemry

Crysis 2 is a console port. It's not hard to run.

I ran Crysis 2 no problem on it. All graphics pumped up to max, didn't notice any screen tear or low frame rate or anything. Just fine.

Telaran

I have a GT 240 just bought it cause it had VGA D-SUB port but I'm getting a GTX 560 ti tommorow
    that was 150.00 on new egg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-625-_-Product

Telaran

how would a gtx 480 run? or is it just better to get newer? or maybe ATI ?

Quote Originally Posted by peonn View Post
    She already have a 460 so that is what I am wondering. From what I have read 2 460's should be a fair bit faster than a 560 which i have in my rig. Just not sure if they will be in Rift as she only plays Rift.
    Yep, I run twin 460's crossfired, even during a major rift with 100 peeps around, i can still pull over 50 fps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast