+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Female Armor Models

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    Don't worry, there's an equally large contingent (as in, also very few people) who complain about how all the women aren't in bikinis.

A few sets are a bit too far on either the "metallic beachwear" or "boring to look at" sides of the specturm, but I really feel like Rift hit the sweet spot between "stylish" and "plausibly could be considered armor"

Yeah, I'm one of those who'd prefer to see both female and male toons in the sexiest and most revealing armor possible. It is fantasy after all. I'm more concerned with appearance than logic. Besides, the protective value of sexy, revealing armor could be attributed to how much it distracts enemies. I'd have trouble successfully landing a blow on a hot female dressed in a chain-mail bikini, because I'd be standing there drooling like an idiot while she gutted me.

Hsb
    Rift Disciple

I don't like how revealing some of the armor is, add in a shirt/pants option or something lol.
    Last edited by Hsb; 03-27-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
    Herpa derpa
    WoW player.

Didn't expect a logical reply.

Moving on...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne View Post
    WoW player.

Didn't expect a logical reply.

Moving on...
    Just responding in kind, my friend. Just responding in kind. Nice to see you're not incapable of prejudice though, assuming I'm a WoW player like that. I guess treating people equally is optional unless it's about you, pretty common behaviour in these threads from the very people expressing "moral outrage" (or what passes for it these days).

Have a very nice day.
    Last edited by Ulfhedjinn; 03-27-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

I have worn three sets of 'plate' armour which showed of my nipples. So girls complaining about the scantiness of their dress, please go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretext View Post
    I have worn three sets of 'plate' armour which showed of my nipples. So girls complaining about the scantiness of their dress, please go away.
    When boys can wear thongs and us gals can see their butts.

Beefcake needs to be seen more, and equally appealing for the ladies.

Be so sweet to see all those guys seeing the male tank's butts in those g-strings.

Just think of football..........
    Last edited by Kevyne; 03-28-2011 at 12:26 AM.

I read female and scantily clad.

In response to this I must agree.
    Rammadaeus
    Faeblight.
    Defiant Warrior.

Seriously (no rly!) though,

My 50 warrior is female and her armor is pretty damn armor'ish. Like, it doesn't even remotely touch on sexy. If anything we need to sex it up more, alot more!
    Rammadaeus
    Faeblight.
    Defiant Warrior.

My beef is with the helms, most of them look badass on males but horrible and stupid on females.
    WARNING - My posts may hurt the feelings of sensitive individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaun View Post
    My beef is with the helms, most of them look badass on males but horrible and stupid on females.
    No MMO has ever fixed the helm problem. You know, the part where no matter what hair style you have it is covered by a hat/helm and you end up with short hair.

The simple solution is an appearance tab.

Then each player can choose how they want to look, more or less.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Soulwalker

Default Scantily clad "armor"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    Don't worry, there's an equally large contingent (as in, also very few people) who complain about how all the women aren't in bikinis.

A few sets are a bit too far on either the "metallic beachwear" or "boring to look at" sides of the specturm, but I really feel like Rift hit the sweet spot between "stylish" and "plausibly could be considered armor"
    Okay, a "platemail chest piece" that is actually a bra is not plausibly armor...the stomach, arms, neck, heart...everything but the breasts is very very vulnerable. A pair of "trousers" that are in fact a pair of bikini cut panties do not protect anything but the crotch and butt. In what war would these be plausible?

Now, if the makers want sexy armor that is fine, but I expect the male models to be sexy as well. I want to see man thongs, see-through shirts, tight "pants". Otherwise make the female model armor more realistic, plate armor that actually covers all the vital areas, cloth robes that are actually a full robe (not a bra with a skirt....), pants that are actually pants?

There is also the problem with color choice, making the back of a skirt skin-toned, and then not allowing for dye is rediculous. It feels like I'm staring at her butt all day.

I don't mind sexy outfits...but don't call them realistic or plausible armor, and make the same for male and female models, or dang close.

I have played all the classes and they seriously need to put in more sexy female armor. Plate armor seems the best so far with most of the sexy pieces but the other classes have like 1 or 2. I only play female characters and they must look nice in battle; it doesn't have to be overly sexy either but those potatoe sack armors are such a huge turn off. I hated how my mage and rogue looked....

Quote Originally Posted by Duin View Post
    Okay, a "platemail chest piece" that is actually a bra is not plausibly armor...the stomach, arms, neck, heart...everything but the breasts is very very vulnerable. A pair of "trousers" that are in fact a pair of bikini cut panties do not protect anything but the crotch and butt. In what war would these be plausible?

Now, if the makers want sexy armor that is fine, but I expect the male models to be sexy as well. I want to see man thongs, see-through shirts, tight "pants". Otherwise make the female model armor more realistic, plate armor that actually covers all the vital areas, cloth robes that are actually a full robe (not a bra with a skirt....), pants that are actually pants?

There is also the problem with color choice, making the back of a skirt skin-toned, and then not allowing for dye is rediculous. It feels like I'm staring at her butt all day.

I don't mind sexy outfits...but don't call them realistic or plausible armor, and make the same for male and female models, or dang close.
    Fantasy games, what part of the armor is revealing has no effect, it is about looking good. People need to stop confusing reality with fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duin View Post

The armor is magical. Maybe the protection it offers doesn't really come from the plates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast