+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee - how do you take it?

Plane Touched

Default Coffee - how do you take it?

Coffees an essential ingredient to keeping my team alive with heals in raids, without it I fall asleep at the wheel and people start to die.

Drink mine ground (electronic spice grinder) expresso beans, brewed in a plunger, black.

What about you?
    Last edited by Abyssus; 03-27-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Telaran

Instant, ofcourse. If you use anything with a longer brew time you are a liability to the raid - No tank will survive a 2 minute coffee cast time..

I do not drink coffee. I am no weakling.

If you let them make you, they'll make you paper mache-- at a distance you're strong, until the wind comes then you crumble and blow away.

I brew mine in a few different ways. For those "thou shall not sleep" moments a black Ethiopian coffee with a pinch of cinnamon brewed in a copper pot works miracles. I learned this from an Algerian friend. You can also add cinnamon to any kind of coffee you make it adds an extra soft aftertaste without (in my opinion) spoiling any good coffee. Warning: strongly addictive. I even carry a little box of cinnamon in my pocket and add it in any coffee I get.
    Sarkahor - your personal ugly and lame dwarf cleric...
    Sark - a bard that has no ear at all...
    Behold the Gankerpig!
    Everytime you trashtalk me, a baby seal gets clobbered to death by the evil eskimos.

If you feel you that have been unfairly attacked/ganked/camped or have other complaints regarding the service provided by me, please fill a form at the SCUM Customer Support:
    http://scum.afktime.com/f/index.php?...tomer-support/

SCUM - Because we care.

I take mine from Starbucks.
    Shansa - Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.jpaterson.net/
    By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.
    Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"

Quote Originally Posted by Anklebiter View Post
    I brew mine in a few different ways. For those "thou shall not sleep" moments a black Ethiopian coffee with a pinch of cinnamon brewed in a copper pot works miracles. I learned this from an Algerian friend. You can also add cinnamon to any kind of coffee you make it adds an extra soft aftertaste without (in my opinion) spoiling any good coffee. Warning: strongly addictive. I even carry a little box of cinnamon in my pocket and add it in any coffee I get.
    You sound like something out of a J. Peterman catalog.

Can't drink coffee during the warmer parts of the year (I live in Texas), so I prefer my caffeine cold with sweet tea.

Otherwise it's brewed Navy-strong with a pinch of salt in each cup... since I can't let old habits die off.

I snort it straight out of the container.
    Intel i5 760 2.8 GHz @ 3.6GHz Overclocked ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB 900MHz GPU, 1300MHz Memory, 1080p display 8 GB(4x2GB) DDR3 RAM Biostar TP55 Motherboard

I try to avoid coffee unless im having exams. If im tired i go to sleep.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Clarivoyant View Post
    Can't drink coffee during the warmer parts of the year (I live in Texas), so I prefer my caffeine cold with sweet tea.

Otherwise it's brewed Navy-strong with a pinch of salt in each cup... since I can't let old habits die off.
    ^^ This, with some slight variations. I steep a dark roast ground coffee in a french press to allow it to bloom. Then I poor it in a coffee cup with a small pinch of salt, and a tsp of milk.

I don't tend to drink coffee at home, since I favour the stuff I can get in a cafe. That said, if need be I'll make myself a strong cup to perk me up before a major gaming session.

Shadowlander

I typically drink mine with a shot or two of whiskey.

Keurig single cup (home ground Italian or Cafe Du Monde) with a lil half and half.

Used to do french press but these days it doesn't take much to start the jitters...

Also love a good nostalgic diner cup of coffee.

Telaran

I hate coffee, I don't drink it. I prefer tea. But if Iam tired I sleep, I never put a game before my bodily needs. But then again the majority of raids happen at around 10am my time. I prefer to raid in the morning on weekends and don't like to raid at night as I like to get a good nights beauty sleep.
    Last edited by Wolfaura; 03-27-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Shadowlander

San Francisco Bay French Roast beans (from Costco) ground in a Mr. Coffee grinder. Coffee press, also Mr. Coffee. A little French Vanilla Coffee Mate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast