Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RIFT is a Success, can WoW Survive?

Default RIFT is a Success, can WoW Survive?

Since RIFT has released, it has become an extremely successful MMO. RIFT is now a common household name uttered by everyone in the MMO Genre, that includes everyone that plays WoW.

RIFT continues to be a success even after the 1 month mark that most people use to gauge a new MMOs success, and in this case, RIFT boasts a higher population and more subscriptions by far than it did since its March 1st release date, showing that RIFT is here to stay.

The complaints against RIFT are minimal and very normal for an MMO that is going to succeed. Most people want something added to the game, or want to see some class balance, or some new Content, all of which appears is being worked on extensively by Trion, with two major content patches rolling out within the 1st month.

WoW on the other hand, is losing customers at an alarming rate.

Investors are jumping ship from Activision/Blizzard because of this, the outcome for World of Warcraft looks bleak, as Guilds crumble, Friends become disenfranchised as they find themself playing two different games, some staying behind for WoW. Most of them moving to RIFT.

It appears that Blizzard set their sites on Star Wars: The Old Republic, and then out of the blue a little guy named Trion appears with a fatal uppercut named RIFT.

Given that WoW has lost so much to a contender that it did not foresee, and given that SWTOR also released later this year:

Can WoW Survive? Something is telling me it will be a distant memory soon.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Storms View Post
    Since RIFT has released, it has become an extremely successful MMO. RIFT is now a common household name uttered by everyone in the MMO Genre, that includes everyone that plays WoW.

RIFT continues to be a success even after the 1 month mark that most people use to gauge a new MMOs success, and in this case, RIFT boasts a higher population and more subscriptions by far than it did since its March 1st release date, showing that RIFT is here to stay.

The complaints against RIFT are minimal and very normal for an MMO that is going to succeed. Most people want something added to the game, or want to see some class balance, or some new Content, all of which appears is being worked on extensively by Trion, with two major content patches rolling out within the 1st month.

WoW on the other hand, is losing customers at an alarming rate.

Investors are jumping ship from Activision/Blizzard because of this, the outcome for World of Warcraft looks bleak, as Guilds crumble, Friends become disenfranchised as they find themself playing two different games, some staying behind for WoW. Most of them moving to RIFT.

It appears that Blizzard set their sites on Star Wars: The Old Republic, and then out of the blue a little guy named Trion appears with a fatal uppercut named RIFT.

Given that WoW has lost so much to a contender that it did not foresee, and given that SWTOR also released later this year:

Can WoW Survive? Something is telling me it will be a distant memory soon.
    I wouldnt go this far yet. I have witnessed many quiting and going back to w/e they were doing before Rift do to lack of customer service and we will see what happens when alot more people hit endgame. I got bored with WoW at end game pretty fast cause im not into hugging animals to get pointless achievment points. but There is quite a bit to do that alot of people enjoy after maxing out. And i do beleive many more that have left WoW for rift willl be returning.

Rift Disciple

Seriously? It's like no other MMO's exist or something.

Only 1 MMO may exist at anyone time!!!! all others die!!

WoW will be going for a long time yet, regardless of Rift. It may have a few less players yeah but it's not going to just shutdown.

short answer is yes.

long answer is it survived so many "wow killers" including guild wars, it'll survive rift.

Only 1 MMO may exist at anyone time!!!! all others die!!
    THERE CAN ONLY BE ONNEEEEEEEE!

*cuts off Rift's head with Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker*
    Last edited by Ethan Macmanus; 03-27-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Rift Chaser

Can we please drop these threads. They are irrelevant and just trolling while looking for a reaction from some people in these fora.
    C.
    This is meant to be entertainment, not a life substitute. (lordofeyes)
    Disclaimer:
    These opinions are my own. I reserve the right to sprinkle the odd fact in amongst my opinions to confuse the reader.

Pec
    Shadowlander

No, WoW can't survive. Unfortunately neither can Rift. Rift is popular because it brings a polish to familiar gameplay (WoW). The fun is the road to max level. After that it's not fun anymore.

The cookie cutter MMORPG genre it is old. Too old and played out. The genre needs something fresh, or at least a big twist. Where is my action shooter MMO? Remember planetside?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Macmanus View Post
    short answer is yes.

long answer is it survived so many "wow killers" including guild wars, it'll survive rift.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONNEEEEEEEE!

*cuts off Rift's head with Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker*
    Actually, Guild Wars was never to be said a "WoW Killer" it only released 6 months after WoW did, and it was never advertised as an MMO.

But other then that you are right.

Yes but most people are still excited about RIFT and plan on staying with it, WoW on the other hand is dying quickly, lets face it.

Yes there are other MMOs out there that are doing ok for themselves, but lets all be honest with ourselves for once.

RIFT is the next big thing, WoW is a sinking ship.

What is this WoW you speak of?
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/29903/rift-forum-signature.png

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinpoons View Post
    What is this WoW you speak of?

See, people are already forgetting what it even is.

More proof that the game is fading out of existence.

WoW is the Queen Mary

Rift is the USS Minnow (the boat from gilligans Isle for those who didnt know)

Even if WOW is on its down curve...its 6 years old
    but even EQ1 is still going good and its like 12 years
    and it never even came close to the subs wow had

No, Rift wont hurt wow...Only time will do that
    and blizzard of course
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

Quote Originally Posted by Shintu View Post
    WoW is the Queen Mary

and blizzard of course
    Are you saying this was supposed to be a 3 hour tour?

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

WoW is here to stay for a long time. And it wont die unless Blizzard pulls the plug. The only real competitor WoW might get is from blizzard's new MMO under the codename "Titan".

Rift is certainly a good game, but it is not going to kill wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shintu View Post
    WoW is the Queen Mary

and blizzard of course

Actually I would call WoW the Titanic.. very fitting. A majestic ship that sunk to the bottom of the ocean because its Captain steered it in the wrong direction.

RIFT is more like a WW2 German U-Boat.

Hmm.. on second thought.. maybe WoW is the Lusitania?
    Last edited by Storms; 03-27-2011 at 02:45 PM.

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast