+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which CPU for Better Gaming?

Rift Disciple

Default Which CPU for Better Gaming?

Ive been looking at 2 computers and wondering which would handle the game better, i have a limited budget so here are the 2 ive come across that i find to appear decent. please leave comments / thoughts

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7&Sku=SYX-1045

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...0&Sku=SYX-1060

The dual core will run this game and many others just fine. I run a dual core athlon and I'm very happy with it. Quad core will ofcoarse be better. But again, you stated your on a limited budget. Buy the dual core and maybe spend some extra cash on a better video card and more RAM. You can never have enough right?

The more threads you can run the better. I'd go with the quadcore one.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbit View Post
    The dual core will run this game and many others just fine. I run a dual core athlon and I'm very happy with it. Quad core will ofcoarse be better. But again, you stated your on a limited budget. Buy the dual core and maybe spend some extra cash on a better video card and more RAM. You can never have enough right?
    well by limited budget i mean i have money in the bank, i just dont want to spend more than 1,000 ya know?

and these 2 are within my price range, so i thought i would get some feedback. because my current CPU BARELY meets the MINIMUM requirements, its a little 300 dollar acer lol. It ran WoW with no issues, but Rift seems alot more demanding, and rightfully so, its a wonderful looking game.

So assuming they are both within my price range, the quadcore would be reccomended between the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiii View Post
    the quadcore would be reccomended between the 2?
    Yes. I would also think twice about running a lot of AA or complicated shadows with that 5770. Just sayin'...
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Yes. I would also think twice about running a lot of AA or complicated shadows with that 5770. Just sayin'...
    id most likely dumb the graphics way down because i dont like looking at all that fancy ****. im the kinda person who plays final fantasy 2 and still loves it graphics asside :-P im in it for the quality of the game, not how crazy and realistic things can look.

like i said, im just looking for a cpu that can run this game with smooth frame rates. anything above 30 would make me more than happy regardless of how much i kick the shaders into effect

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiii View Post
    id most likely dumb the graphics way down because i dont like looking at all that fancy ****. im the kinda person who plays final fantasy 2 and still loves it graphics asside :-P im in it for the quality of the game, not how crazy and realistic things can look.

like i said, im just looking for a cpu that can run this game with smooth frame rates. anything above 30 would make me more than happy regardless of how much i kick the shaders into effect
    You've got your answer.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

+ Reply to Thread