+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's Blizzard's next move?

Default What's Blizzard's next move?

Haha, so what do you guys think they're going to do to try to draw us back in? I can't wait to see.
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    - | - | - Ellessia, Dwarven Guardian - | - | -

WoW - assuming that's the game your talking about - has turned into a kids game. Blizzard isn't going to try to get us back, because they target a different audience...

There's nothing wrong with WoW, contrary to MANY of the posts in these forums; it's just not for us. It's a great kid's game.

If you're talking about Blizzard in general, and not just WoW, I could see them coming out with another MMO, aimed at a more mature demographic. Personally, I would love to see an MMOFPS based on starcraft lore, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Haliaeetus; 03-27-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Meh. Rift is only marginally less a kid's game than WoW. They're, at the core, nearly identical. One's got more flashy armor models, the other has more polygons.

However.. Blizzard and MMOFPS? Rumor is that Titan, their next big thing, is just that. Probably not StarCraft based but there you have it. Maybe.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Ascendant

Nothing at all, sadly weak PVP design or maybe class design is just going to bring Rift down, but yeah lots of work is needed with this one, I just throw 6 month and I think Im pretty realistic and its way too long. Basically classes are more like prototype now. Yeah, its impossible to beat the King. Thats my prediction.
    Last edited by June; 03-27-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Well the most recent 'hook' that Blizz is using to try to reel people back in, is resurrecting Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub.

The patch 4.1 notes are full of info, you should check them out.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Seihk View Post
    Haha, so what do you guys think they're going to do to try to draw us back in? I can't wait to see.
    That's easy.

Wailing caverns and rage fire chasm heroics. Scholomance and sunken temple raids.

Duh!

Rift Master

Blizzard moves queen to C4

They're working on their MMOFPS, some bread crumbs leads to it possibly being a Halo MMO.
    They are working on their next expansion for WoW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EIsberg77 View Post
    They're working on their MMOFPS, some bread crumbs leads to it possibly being a Halo MMO.
    They are working on their next expansion for WoW as well.

Bungie just signed a 10yr contract agreement with Blizzard. So the Halo MMO is VERY likely to be their next move.

That and Diablo 3, which will hopefully be epic.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    Bungie just signed a 10yr contract agreement with Blizzard. So the Halo MMO is VERY likely to be their next move.

That and Diablo 3, which will hopefully be epic.
    Prior to the signing with Blizzard, Bungie's next project was called Titan. My guess that Project Titan is Halo MMO, and is going to be PC and Console game.
    Last edited by EIsberg77; 03-27-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seihk View Post
    You mean Activision's ploy to lure people back? Probably more reused content topped with a few reused mount models. It's sad, Activision ruins everything they touch, from CoD to WoW.

Telaran

Probably a MMOKTFPS. Nothing like a good FPS for keyboard turners. LOL

For those thinking that Blizz's next mmo might be a halo game, you are sadly mistaken. Microsoft owns the Halo ip. So no! There will be no halo mmo from Blizzard just because Bungie signed on with Activision. Bungie also said Halo: Reach was more than likely their last one, they said they might revisit the franchise.

blizzards next move is to buff Mages more, and continue to nerf every other class, their reasoning behind it? Because those other classes are annoying and mages arnt :P
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger777 View Post
    For those thinking that Blizz's next mmo might be a halo game, you are sadly mistaken. Microsoft owns the Halo ip. So no! There will be no halo mmo from Blizzard just because Bungie signed on with Activision. Bungie also said Halo: Reach was more than likely their last one, they said they might revisit the franchise.
    Hmm you are correct. I think I was going from the rumors of a "WoW in space" MMO. But those are only rumors. Bungie's next plans are definitely an MMO, but nothing official has been released on what type it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Meh. Rift is only marginally less a kid's game than WoW. They're, at the core, nearly identical.
    What makes the audience isn't the game engine, it's the moderation policy. And there, Trion is clearly much less kid-oriented.

+ Reply to Thread