+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroes of Newerth

Default Heroes of Newerth

I was wondering who else played HoN on here

For those who do not know about it, It is a game based on dota from warcraft 3 and it's price has dropped from $30 to $10 this weekend only

if you play post or if you dont check it out http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=JRFTB4MZ
    (refer a friend link for bonuses for me if you do buy)

Or you could play league of legends which is free and alot more fun and isnt full of elitists and isnt dominated by one class who can farm and creeper deny :P
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dewan View Post
    Or you could play league of legends which is free and alot more fun and isnt full of elitists and isnt dominated by one class who can farm and creeper deny :P
    Having played both, I can say HoN is far cheaper if you want to be able to play any class at any time. Sure the community sucks, but that's because people in general are ******s with anonymity. You can be better than somebody with 20 kills and 0 deaths. Then they'll call you bad if you don't save them from their own stupidity.

I tried HoN once, it didn't stick.

I'd pick LoL above it any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Default ...

Another LOL player checking in...oh ****,this is not a lol thread?
    CZ/SK MMO Community on Steampike (Guardians)
    http://www.boiians.glh.cz/

Shadowlander

I will start by saying that I have played both games extensively and enjoy things about both of them.

HoN is fun and I do enjoy the graphics/having access to all the classes etc. There are differences in gameplay between the two for sure. But HoN definitely has a worse community ( not that LoL is super awesome either), and I do not enjoy the denying aspect. People can argue it's more skillful etc... but it just flat out annoys me.

While HoN you WILL spend less money probably. Unless you're patient. League is an incredibly fun game and I love the silly graphics they went with. More humor in that game which i enjoy. I've got about 800 games played. I've spent a fair amount on champions and skins. But for a small company who made that game in under a year. I am more than happy to support them.

On comment to class balance. HoN is out of control bad. LoL is like most games.. sometimes people are overpowered and overnerfed. But overall it's a reasonably balanced game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondx View Post
    I will start by saying that I have played both games extensively and enjoy things about both of them.

HoN is fun and I do enjoy the graphics/having access to all the classes etc. There are differences in gameplay between the two for sure. But HoN definitely has a worse community ( not that LoL is super awesome either), and I do not enjoy the denying aspect. People can argue it's more skillful etc... but it just flat out annoys me.

While HoN you WILL spend less money probably. Unless you're patient. League is an incredibly fun game and I love the silly graphics they went with. More humor in that game which i enjoy. I've got about 800 games played. I've spent a fair amount on champions and skins. But for a small company who made that game in under a year. I am more than happy to support them.

On comment to class balance. HoN is out of control bad. LoL is like most games.. sometimes people are overpowered and overnerfed. But overall it's a reasonably balanced game imo.
    What is your rationale for the balance being bad?

Soulwalker

LoL > HoN

/10charz

+ Reply to Thread