+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to recruit all the burnt out WoW addicts?

Telaran

Default How to recruit all the burnt out WoW addicts?

Seriously WoW is beat to a pulp and dead yet people will still play it because they can't let go of the addiction. How can we funnel their addiction over to Rift so this game can grow and live up to it's possibility's because if this game doesn't explode like WoW it will never have good end game content and big patches with new content for years to come.

Trion should do an armory-based character import obviously.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
    Seriously WoW is beat to a pulp and dead yet people will still play it because they can't let go of the addiction. How can we funnel their addiction over to Rift so this game can grow and live up to it's possibility's because if this game doesn't explode like WoW it will never have good end game content and big patches with new content for years to come.
    Personally, unless they're ACTUALLY over the age of 25, and ACT like they are, I do not want them here. The WoW community has become worse, and worse as time went by... I think cross server LFG helped... in a very negative manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunt View Post
    Personally, unless they're ACTUALLY over the age of 25, and ACT like they are, I do not want them here. The WoW community has become worse, and worse as time went by... I think cross server LFG helped... in a very negative manner.
    Yup, LFD ruined the game. I mean, you never met just as many people who were ******s before it came out, right?
    Skill (n) : the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well; competent excellence in performance; expertness; dexterity

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by chorobes View Post
    Yup, LFD ruined the game. I mean, you never met just as many people who were ******s before it came out, right?
    Yeah, ******bags did not exist until WoW launched.

I met a lot fewer people, period, because there wasn't a mechanism putting me in groups with random people before. Also, of course, before LFD, I wasn't grouping with more people from other servers than from my own, and as a result, most of the people I met had some kind of incentive to be tolerable.

its hard, one way i convinced a buddy, is take your game to his house, fire up your account, and let him create a toon, or go do some rifting in your main for a bit, he will either love it or flat out ignore it, in wich case you can be sure the only thing that will kill their wow addiction is wow itself

Plane Touched

Not really. After I had established a friend list of tanks, healers and other dps that I enjoyed playing with, I never had to group with ******bags. It was either guild or friend runs.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kynre View Post
    Not really. After I had established a friend list of tanks, healers and other dps that I enjoyed playing with, I never had to group with ******bags. It was either guild or friend runs.
    This is the main thing. And what happens in MMO's these days. It's not that there are "more" ******bags, but the nice/good players don't want to risk things (either a bad group skill-wise or personality-wise) and only go with their friends. Especially if they have to "work" to get into the group via advertising themself/making the group.

the only reason ppl still play wow is if they haven't hit the level cap yet and bc their friends still play it. it's kind of a catch-22 like that...

if other games can pull enough player base away from it, it will start a chain reaction
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Why on earth would we, and Trion, want those people in our community? Thats like asking a bunch of gypsy-travelers to come live in your neighborhood - house vales will drop and **** will hit the fan.

Oh and the part in bold, thanks for the massive generalized opinion. I on the other hand, don't think this is true in the slightest.

Are you kidding me? We already HAVE enough of those whiny, snivelly little punks, we don't need MORE of them! Hell, silverwood chat on my server is already being called the new barrens chat! No, no, NO we don't need the wowbabies here!

The question isn't how, the question why would you.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    It is difficult to argue with a whole generation of self entitled petulant children with a battle cry taken from Veruca Salt.

Quote Originally Posted by FluxForce View Post
    Why on earth would we, and Trion, want those people in our community? Thats like asking a bunch of gypsy-travelers to come live in your neighborhood - house vales will drop and **** will hit the fan.

Oh and the part in bold, thanks for the massive generalized opinion. I on the other hand, don't think this is true in the slightest.
    users might care, but i seriously doubt corporate Trion does as long as whoever it is pays them.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

my opinion:

DONīT OPEN THAT CAGE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast