+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Earth Hour

Default Earth Hour

Im pretty sure this will just start a whole scientific global warming flame war but ill post it anyway. Who is going to contribute to Lights out at 8:30 tonight? Many idiots think it wont have any benefit and they think electricity just magickaly appears in their home....Since majority of power comes from power plants that burn fossil fuels, having millions of people turning out lights or not driving their cars for a single day can have a beneficial impact. Every little bit helps in the long run...

Just thought id let that out =P Ignorant stupid ppl just make me angry when they just say stuff like this is somehow some type of scam...
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Why do you think it will make a difference?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

I honestly dont think it will make much a difference, but every little bit helps...Do something like stop driving or start car pooling more. Or drop the dependancy on Oil, Seems like the oil companies control the government now days and we waste billions of dollars to supply our oil obsession in conflict countries.
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Sword of Telara

Earth hour is ********!

they not gonna turn of energy production for a hour, meaning they wasted energy into heat.
    thank you very much, for screwing over tons of ore, into nothing

Telaran

A friend of mine is the guy who actually came up with the campaign (its an Australian initiative created by a Strategic Planner at an Ad Agency)

Australia (now the world) turning their lights off isn't meant to save the world or reduce power consumption, its meant to educate and bring to light the need for everyone to become more conscious of their usage. The Earth Hour campaign, which runs for a few weeks before each yearly event (has been going on here for about 5 years) makes Green consumption top of mind and hopefully gets people talking about the issue and are reminded for a few weeks each year to start thinking of change

To get ad talk technical - its an emotional / educational strategy instead of a call-to-action / reactive strategy

+ Reply to Thread