+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Rift Causing WoW server population issues?

Default Is Rift Causing WoW server population issues?

A lot of my guildies in WoW have complained about them noticing a significant drop in WoW player population. There has been a lot of comments on their forums also.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267490523

I've heard many a theory on the issue plaguing WoW right now. Rift being out was one, but I dunno if one game would cause that large of a dent.
    Everybody realm swap to Mal'Ganis and form a guild for casuals who don't get to experience end-game content because all their friends left the game for FotM MMO.
    WoW is becoming boring and people are burning out too early in the expansion. Rift is posing a greater threat to WoW's subscriber numbers than I have expected.
    Is it Rift? Or are people tired of the "same ol" MMO formula?
    Last edited by Sharuko; 03-25-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Plane Walker

Rift took some WoW subscriptions.

WoW was at its peak in wotlk anyways. It's numbers can only go down.

Both.
    Cata is quite a boring xpac, and Rift a good alternative to WoW.

Banned

Raid guilds are one by one starting to switch to Rift in between WoW raid days. It has been a extremely long time since an MMO came out that actually appeals to that crowd. It has a been a long long time.

If Trion keeps it up it could be put in direct competition with Blizzard when it comes to "who has the better update". That old EQ vs WoW battle that Blizzard won.

WoW is just dated and I do not think it can hold up against a 2011 MMO especially with SWToR and GW2 about to soak up even more people.

If people were tired of the "same ol MMO formula," then Rift would be no where near as successful as it has been.

Blizzard swung the nerf bat way too hard and dumbed down their kindergarten game to preschool level, so people have finally had it.

Personally, WoW puts me into a coma, but I left Everquest 2 (horrible server performance) and Eve Online (just burned out after 4 years) to come to Rift. But even in the "burned out" aspect, I'll bet even the peeps who actually think of WoW as a challenging MMORPG are just sick of it after 6 1/2 years.
    Last edited by TheSiren; 03-25-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Happens every MMO that releases, except for 14.

Most of the players come back after 1 month.

Rift barely even dented World of Warcraft, stop being drama queens.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheSiren View Post
    Blizzard swung the nerf bat way too hard and dumbed down their kindergarten game to preschool level, so people have finally had it.

Personally, WoW puts me into a coma, but I left Everquest 2 (horrible server performance) and Eve Online (just burned out after 4 years) to come to Rift. But even in the "burned out" aspect, I'll bet even the peeps who actually think of WoW as a challenging MMORPG are just sick of it after 6 1/2 years.
    Blizzard screwed up. My theory is they did not pay attention to Rift and it stayed below the radar so that when it gained hyper momentum their only come back was to recycle ZA and ZG and most of the WoW population went wtf?

You notice Ice Crown citadel came out right as that Aion anger hit it's peek? That was planned. NCSoft released that game at the worst possible time and with little support that it just got owned.

SoE should not have delayed SWToR. That was a mistake in my view. I can not be the only one to notice that all of a sudden SWToR devs are all of a sudden nice and releasing info when they have not said jack diddly for 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Happens every MMO that releases, except for 14.

Most of the players come back after 1 month.

Rift barely even dented World of Warcraft, stop being drama queens.
    what will you say next month chase? Most come back after 3 months....most come back after 6 months. Blizzard can not continue to crap on people patch after recycled patch and expect people to put up with it.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 03-25-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Blizzard screwed up. My theory is they did not pay attention to Rift and it stayed below the radar so that when it gained hyper momentum their only come back was to recycle ZA and ZG and most of the WoW population went wtf?

You notice Ice Crown citadel came out right as that Aion anger hit it's peek? That was planned. NCSoft released that game at the worst possible time and with little support that it just got owned.

SoE should not have delayed SWToR. That was a mistake in my view. I can not be the only one to notice that all of a sudden SWToR devs are all of a sudden nice and releasing info when they have not said jack diddly for 5 years?

what will you say next month chase? Most come back after 3 months....most come back after 6 months. Blizzard can not continue to crap on people patch after recycled patch and expect people to put up with it.
    Thats great, but there are no addons in this game, a worse auction house... low playability due to top notch graphics and even worse class balance. The PvE content is exactly like WoW in terms of PROGRESSION. There's also no LFG tool.

Rift has a lot to do, yes it can topple WoW for PvE but not this month.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Thats great, but there are no addons in this game, a worse auction house... low playability due to top notch graphics and even worse class balance. The PvE content is exactly like WoW in terms of PROGRESSION. There's also no LFG tool.

Rift has a lot to do, yes it can topple WoW for PvE but not this month.
    no addons!?!?

oh god how can we live without that guys.

worse auction house? who's opinion?

low playability due to graphics? did you pull that out of your *****? I mean who told you that??

LFG tool? oh you mean that cross server piece of trash that killed communities of entire servers and allow ninja's to HAVE SOME FUN

You know Blizzards policy on ninja's? Well you put him in charge of the party....well he was tank and wanted to mark...opps guess you are screwed

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Oh look at your fan site.....yeah Look at these LITTLE TWEAKS TO CLASSES

Mage:
    Blizzard damage has been increased by 70%.

^ OH YEAH 7 years later and barely tweaking classes RIGHTTTTTTTT

Trion put flamespear on a 6 sec cooldown in the first 3 weeks and now the game is dead
    Last edited by Puremallace; 03-25-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Honestly, Cataclysm was a horrible expansion pack, that in itself took away subs and then Rift came out and that took away subs, but overall, I don't think Rift made a huge dent.
    The Rift Guardian, Your #1 source for everything Rift.

The Rift Guardian is a fansite run by Rifters for Rifters.

Looks like Blizzard will have to merge servers soon, there are tons of people asking for it.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Looks like Blizzard will have to merge servers soon, there are tons of people asking for it.
    That was their initial reasoning behind x-server LFG. They will never merge servers.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    A lot of my guildies in WoW have complained about them noticing a significant drop in WoW player population. There has been a lot of comments on their forums also.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267490523

Is it Rift? Or are people tired of the "same ol" MMO formula?
    People are just plain sick of Wow in general. I quit for good (even deleted all 7 level 80's so I'm not tempted to ever go back).. I didn't even know about Rift until the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by J45neoboy View Post
    Honestly, Cataclysm was a horrible expansion pack, that in itself took away subs and then Rift came out and that took away subs, but overall, I don't think Rift made a huge dent.
    SOMETHING is making a huge dent. I quit WoW before I even heard about Rift. Cata was a catastrophe.

Rift will keep me busy.

WoW has never seen this kind of graph before, except before an expansion when people take time off.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast