+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sucker Punch?

Default Sucker Punch?

I'll be going to see it tonight with a few friends. I think it looks quite promising as a fun action film. The reviews so far aren't terribly great, but I rarely agree with critics anyway.

Anyone seen it or going to see it? Thoughts?
    <The Project Hate> on Faeblight
    Nekronomica - Nekronomicon - Nekronomia - Nekronomis

Soulwalker

Yeah, Im gonna see it, hopefully tonight, I like Zach Snyders (directed 300, Watchmen) previous films and he is gonna be the director for the next Superman movie, so I kinda want to see where this (sucker punch) thing goes just to kinda get a better gauge on what might be in store for Superman:The Man of Steel or whatever they end up calling it.

Got a 76% from Users on Rotten Tomatoes but a 20 something percent from Critics.

www.rottentomatoes.com
    The Rift Guardian, Your #1 source for everything Rift.

The Rift Guardian is a fansite run by Rifters for Rifters.

Quote Originally Posted by J45neoboy View Post
    Got a 76% from Users on Rotten Tomatoes but a 20 something percent from Critics.

www.rottentomatoes.com
    critics dont know crap about anything.
    i just got done seeing this and i was blown away of how cool and action packed it was, i went in expecting nothing, and what i thought of what i was going to see was nothing of what i saw.

spoiler:

It was a little slow in the beginning, but it picked up and the reality of the main character changed into what you actually see in the trailers for it. some people say it had no plot and i disagree, it did and it was deep, i dont want to ruin anything for anyone but i want to say see it for your self dont let reviews and critics tell you what to watch or not watch.

i honestly enjoyed it, it was very fun and had my eyes on a sugar high from all the eye candy.
    the girls were also very hot, hot girls with guns/swords kicking ***, need i say more.

go see it for the action and hotness, if you want a story driven Oscar worthy performance, it might not be for you.

So, I went and saw it, as I noted in my OP.

It was definitely a good movie, but by no means "OMG AWESOME MUST SEE <3!1" or anything. I was honestly surprised that there was not more action. I'd still recommend a watch, though.
    <The Project Hate> on Faeblight
    Nekronomica - Nekronomicon - Nekronomia - Nekronomis

Soulwalker

Bestest movie evar! Kinda sad tho wish i coulda been there to help kick butt!
    "I found their weakness! Theyre powerless without their heads!" (Scary Movie 3)

Only reason to pay theater money for it was the action scenes. The institution scenes in the movie were very bland. It was all flash and no substance.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

+ Reply to Thread