+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I would like to apologize to all the Warriors

Rift Disciple

Default I would like to apologize to all the Warriors

Its seems that whatever class i play, Trion hits hard with the nerf bat. Started off with the VK, and 1.01, SMACK, discharge, then moves over to RB/RV, and 1.1. WHACK, Flamestrike, Plague bringer, and Soul Devour. I am afraid to respec to the few good warrior specs left. If i change again, it might mean the end of the calling.

So, I have decided to take one for the team. Because Trion likes to follow me around with the nerf bat, I have decided to roll into one of the other callings powerful classes so that they will get nerfed. However, I have done little to no research on these callings because I was a warrior from day one. Therefore, I need your help.

Which calling and souls should I roll, and which abilities should I abuse with hopes that Trion says "AH, Carlos has moved over to X calling, tricky fellow, time to nerf the heck out of skills Y and Z that he uses."

This is for you warrior community

Thanks for the lol this morning.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosSpicyWiener View Post
    Its seems that whatever class i play, Trion hits hard with the nerf bat. Started off with the VK, and 1.01, SMACK, discharge, then moves over to RB/RV, and 1.1. WHACK, Flamestrike, Plague bringer, and Soul Devour. I am afraid to respec to the few good warrior specs left. If i change again, it might mean the end of the calling.

So, I have decided to take one for the team. Because Trion likes to follow me around with the nerf bat, I have decided to roll into one of the other callings powerful classes so that they will get nerfed. However, I have done little to no research on these callings because I was a warrior from day one. Therefore, I need your help.

Which calling and souls should I roll, and which abilities should I abuse with hopes that Trion says "AH, Carlos has moved over to X calling, tricky fellow, time to nerf the heck out of skills Y and Z that he uses."

It has nothing to do with you (I know, you are joking)

You just chose broken things -- a tank shouldn't be able to pop a mob for 1.2k -- specially not with the fact that a healer makes you auto-generate pacts.

RB/RV can chain-solo 10 mobs at once without ever stopping to breathing -- no other class in the game can compare.

People will whine, but.. being able to solo a major rift means there -is- a problem, and it -needed- to be fixed.

I leveled at RB/RV (before it became fotm, I hit 50 feb 28), hell I came to this game FOR RB, because I was surprised to see an actual :working: mageknight.. but even I'll admit it was ridiculous

the actual 'nerf' for rb wasn't that bad, hurf flame spear, only idiots and lowbies complain about it -- right now, in t2 gear, my path of the wind/raptor does 480-520 damage. My flame spear does 292 damage + 78 from elemental touch.. and wind/raptor cost less

why? Flame spear doesn't scale with gear,I can strip naked and use a level 1 sword and flame spear does 8 less damage.

RB sadly becomes obsolete once you gear out =/

Pyromancers. >.>
    Interested in roleplaying in Rift? Check out the Rift RP roleplaying community!

Future high elf or kelari warrior. Depends on how I like their aesthetics and their respective factions.

Oh noes! Another elf player! Kill eet!

Rift Master

Just play rogue, they're so much easier and more fun. I honestly can't even comprehend how some rogues can whine after playing one well over half the leveling curve.

PvE = insanely easy. Either you go ranger and have a pet that keeps agro as well as a warrior, you go sab and simply blow the majority of a mob's HP bar off before it even runs at you (or you oneshot it..) or you go with something like assassin/riftstalker. You thought reaver was good? Try not ever having to kill an extra mob, but only those necessary for quests. And you heal 30% per mob for only 13 points into riftstalker.

PvP = you dominate almost everything 1v1. 10-19 = you'll have win whether you win or lose because you wreck people with ease. Riftblades were a pain before but they're going to be trash now, just kite and destroy.

20-29 = your sab can now stunlock people to death in codex, have fun. You'll have a good laugh oneshotting some clerics here too, just grab the powerup at the start, stack 5 different charges and watch a cleric go from 100 to 0 by pressing detonate. Need some luck with crits, but it's hilarious when it happens.

30-39 = same story, except now you have your damage talents maxed. Have fun murdering flag carriers. Range nerf might actually make this more challenging, but nothing that matters too much. Now that warriors are garbage at range and rogues halve stun/snare durations anyway, you'll murder them 1v1. Only thing that will kill you sometimes is melee rogues that manage to get all their CC off properly or a gank.

Not even gonna talk about open world PvP, you have stealth... if you want someone to die they die if they're not way over your level. Though a handful may get lucky and CC you + run away.

Not sure on endgame yet obviously, but you can always reroll again later, in the meanwhile you can take a dump on most people for 30 levels, so who cares?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubin View Post
    You just chose broken things -- a tank shouldn't be able to pop a mob for 1.2k -- specially not with the fact that a healer makes you auto-generate pacts.
    I assume you are talking about PVE (I am a PvPer) but I will run with it. So lets start with the 1.2k hit on mobs. Do you understand how long it takes to generate 10 pacts in PVE to hit a mob for 1.2k, especially when you are alone. Let me take you through a normal (Pre 1.01) PVE rotation for my vk on a mob.

Let's first assume the mob has some sort of self buff (you are 50/50 on that usually) and of course its not a caster mob (5-10% of all mobs).

Start with Spell sunder to range pull and strip the buff of = 2 pacts/20 energy

Now he's in melee reckless strike, reckless strike, reckless strike (or insert any 3 attack point generating abilities that you want here from your other souls) then pact conversion = 3 pacts/60 energy

Rinse and repeat = 3 pacts/60 energy

Do it again but cut it short an attack = 2 pacts/40 energy

So now i am at 10 pacts Bam discharge 1.2K for 180 energy usage and mind you, my finishers do 0 damage

It took me 12 attacks to build up enough energy to do my discharge attack. (which can miss btw and trip the timer so now i am sitting at 10 pacts waiting for the timer to turn over)

I think 12 attacks is perfectly justify able for that type of damage when classes like champs/sabs/nb/sins/pyros/rb can put out that much damage in much less time invested

I can't think of any warrior spec I would actually want to play if this goes live.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Do you know what mistake we made Carlos? We didn't roll mages. You see the mage community is filled with whiney, self-absorbed propagandist who will stop at nothing to buff their class and ruin others. They will lie, cheat and steal to ensure their beloved dress-wearers are kings in every game.

They have done it before, they are doing it now and they will do it again. We have only two options left: join them or lower ourselves into the gutter with them and use their tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosSpicyWiener View Post

And ill take this by eating all doughnuts and take the hit of being fat for all my warrior peeps.

Kanami- Warrior- Champ/BM/--Duo- Rogue/Bard FTW!! and Rei- Pyro/Ele/Storm

Rift Master

Mages killed my dog and ***** my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubin View Post
    It has nothing to do with you (I know, you are joking)

RB/RV can chain-solo 10 mobs at once without ever stopping to breathing -- no other class in the game can compare.

People will whine, but.. being able to solo a major rift means there -is- a problem, and it -needed- to be fixed.

I leveled at RB/RV (before it became fotm, I hit 50 feb 28), hell I came to this game FOR RB, because I was surprised to see an actual :working: mageknight.. but even I'll admit it was ridiculous

the actual 'nerf' for rb wasn't that bad, hurf flame spear, only idiots and lowbies complain about it -- right now, in t2 gear, my path of the wind/raptor does 480-520 damage. My flame spear does 292 damage + 78 from elemental touch.. and wind/raptor cost less

why? Flame spear doesn't scale with gear,I can strip naked and use a level 1 sword and flame spear does 8 less damage.

RB sadly becomes obsolete once you gear out =/
    So, flamespear did bad damage and didn't scale. So....... obviously it needed nerfed. And unfortunately that is the same rationale that the devs are using for warriors. Sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    Mages killed my dog and ***** my sister.
    ^ This

Well played good sir save you forgot to add they polymorphed her first bunch of squirrel lovers those mages are <3

Just becuase of mages I went out and made 20 squirrels cry in Freemarch in protest and look I gots an achievement teheh
    Last edited by Aggelos; 03-25-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    Aggelos - 45 Eth Warrior
    < Enigma >
    Shadefallen-US PVE-RP

Roll a Pyro Mage. They are stupidly OP right now at level 50, and getting buffed to be more OP by level 11 in the next patch.

Last night in BG, the only damage soul I saw was pyro mages. 6 of them standing in their ground of power with 4 healers way in the back. Try and get to the healers and you get chain stunned and focused on. Try and kill a mage and watch your hits go from 700 normal to 240. You know how long it takes to kill someone with 7000 health that you hit for 250 a second?

Rift Master

Speaking of sabs, I just played a black garden match with 4 of them on the enemy team, lol! Jumped in there with my dps spec and bled them to death with champ/BM while I still can.
    Last edited by Kristoph; 03-25-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Shadowlander

dunno why people are complaining about changes that aren't even out yet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast