Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Would u quit Rift for Star Wars: Old Republic?

Default Would u quit Rift for Star Wars: Old Republic?

I wouldn't think twice, as a fan of the series I can't wait for its release.
    Rift is great but far worse than I expected, well I guess I was expecting something completely different from what I was used to ( WoW ). But unfortunately Rift is just another common MMO, Its great! but not for me anymore. =/

All the SW fans out there let me hear from you.

Thanks.

If you r going to post hate please leave the thread now.

That game looks like fail to me. I will quit Rift if there isnt enough high level content and if they developers mess up and ruin their game

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyelf View Post
    Rift is great but far worse than I expected, well I guess I was expecting something completely different from what I was used to ( WoW ).

Then you're gonna be disappointed with SWTOR.

At first I play both. You'll never know
    Officially owned by Alsbeth the Discordant.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=815027&dateline=13020  88690

Elitists and game programmers think alike; The first thinks the game is too easy, the other nerfs the crap out of them.

Soulwalker

Will I leave Rift for SWTOR? Probably not leave it, but ill definitely give SWTOR a shot. However I am very concerned with the amount of instancing they are going to do. To me that takes away from the MMO feel of a game. I like the game world to be persistent.

While Rift isn't perfect, to be honest no game is. I do enjoy it a lot and have no plans on leaving.

I rather eat broken glass then be stuck with a bunch of star wars fans...in a star wars game. I'm fairly sure that is one of outer rings of hell.

SW mmo is just going to be KotOR online.

The same thing will happen there that happens to every game, same as what Rift is going through now.

People will be all hyped up about it, and be disappointed because of unrealistic expectations and complain about small nit picky things and lack of content from an mmo that just launched, and then proceed to qq post on the forums about how a brand new mmo doesn't hold up to ones that have 6 years of content behind them.

No

SWTOR looks like its just going to go the same way every MMO is going today..
    DOWN THE TOILET

I hope Rift can keep it up with balance changes! I just want my Cabalist to get a little love sooner rather than later

General of Telara

I'm only staying with Rift if SWTOR somehow manage to ruin the Space Combat portion...

... oh ... wait...
    Last edited by Malek Wolvesbane; 03-25-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Rift is great but far worse than I expected,
    This is your problem. Right there. How can the game be "great" and at the same time far worse than your expectations? It's only been out for a month.

And do you seriously think SWTOR won't have balance passes, bug fixes etc once it goes retail? Whiny people complaining about X MMO on its forum is not something that will go away; thanks to WoW the vocal minority will become even more vocal once the "big" MMOs are out.
    Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Yes.

Actually, i'm playing RIFT just to kill time before another major mmo title releases. Not sure if i'll be playing TERA, but i'll definitely go check out SW:ToR.

Shield of Telara

The comapnies involved kind of scare me. Where they have been successful, some of their games have been clunkers. Given it's to be the flagship game for the company because of the brand name, it still has quite a lot to prove.

I fear they're gonna give the game to the players where it'll make WoW look difficult. I really don't want the game to be super easy, but, I get the sneaking suspicion it's going down that road very fast.
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

I'm an SW fan, but nothing will ever live up to SWG, so I am not going to bother with TOR.

I will, most likely, be leaving Rift for TERA, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendash View Post
    Will I leave Rift for SWTOR? Probably not leave it, but ill definitely give SWTOR a shot. However I am very concerned with the amount of instancing they are going to do. To me that takes away from the MMO feel of a game. I like the game world to be persistent.

While Rift isn't perfect, to be honest no game is. I do enjoy it a lot and have no plans on leaving.
    I Agree.
    Also Sometimes I feel like my time has come, I don't get excited with MMORPGs Like i used to anymore.
    Like I said I am looking for a MMO completly new.

Ascendant

I wouldn't think twice, as a fan of the series I can't wait for its release.
    Rift is great but far worse than I expected, well I guess I was expecting something completely different from what I was used to ( WoW ). But unfortunately Rift is just another common MMO, Its great! but not for me anymore. =/

All the SW fans out there let me hear from you.

Thanks.

If you r going to post hate please leave the thread now.
    Bro, Im here, SWTOR FOR THE WIN!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast