+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you make a macro to cast one spell after another?

Telaran

Default Can you make a macro to cast one spell after another?

I didn't see such a command on the wiki page (and in fact it seemed to suggest you can't include more than one spell in a macro), but I wanted to be sure. I'd like to be able to make a single macro for casting my buffs on myself.

Thanks.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJSal View Post
    I didn't see such a command on the wiki page (and in fact it seemed to suggest you can't include more than one spell in a macro), but I wanted to be sure. I'd like to be able to make a single macro for casting my buffs on myself.

Thanks.
    Although you can have more than one spell in a macro you can only cast one at a time--one keystroke=one spell. The macros as they currently are in Rift allow you to bind multiple spells to a single key in order to clean up your UI, but still only one spell will cast with a key stroke. Which spell?--that is the secret stuff of macros. The way you design your macro will determine the order they will cast as you press the same key. They also offer some utility in casting your spell, such as mouseover casting, target of target, that kind of stuff.

Shadowlander

No you cant make cast sequence macros like wow to just spam one button 5-6 times and be fully buffed up.
    I really think they need to implement this given just how many buffs some builds have access to and all the bard motifs.

Its hardly autoplay or anything since it will still be 1 button = 1 spell.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    Although you can have more than one spell in a macro you can only cast one at a time--one keystroke=one spell. The macros as they currently are in Rift allow you to bind multiple spells to a single key in order to clean up your UI, but still only one spell will cast with a key stroke.
    How do I do it then? For example, I'd like to cast Vengeance of the Winter Storm and Salvation, one after the other.

Shield of Telara

If you're gonna go that route, ya might as well just go full on bot and join WF's.
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

yes you can and all it takes is a n52 or a g13 that you can program in the waits between spells.
    works with any game.
    string as many as you like.
    make as many as you like.

Plane Touched

The only way you can use two or more spells or abilities on one macro would be if they had cooldowns.

#show Spellname
    cast Spell1 (has a 10 sec cooldown, for instance)
    cast Spell2 (will cast because Spell1 is passed over because it's cooling down)
    cast Spell3

etc etc

The button would have to be pressed each time for a new spell. Three spells, three clicks. If you wait too long and Spell1's cooldown is up, it will cast again instead of skipping.
    Last edited by Khazaam; 03-24-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    This signature guaranteed to be less than two lines or it's free*.

* By "free" I mean "shut up". Yes, you.

Macro programming primarily assists botting. Other games have figured this out.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by joen00b View Post
    If you're gonna go that route, ya might as well just go full on bot and join WF's.
    Ironic, since the current system for some souls is as close to botting as you can get without a full blown script with decision making

General of Telara

How do I do it then? For example, I'd like to cast Vengeance of the Winter Storm and Salvation, one after the other.
    Which ever spell has the longest cool down you would put first.

#show [Spell Name] (this will show the icon of the spell named)
    stopcasting (will stop any current spells that are being cast)
    cast [Spell Name 1] (spell with longest cool down)
    cast [Spell Name 2] (spell with shorter cool down)

When you press the key once the first spell will cast.
    When you press the key again the second spell will cast if the first spell's cool down is not finished. If the first spell's cool down is finished you will just get the first spell again.
    Last edited by Riwijo; 03-24-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblejin View Post
    yes you can and all it takes is a n52 or a g13 that you can program in the waits between spells.
    works with any game.
    string as many as you like.
    make as many as you like.
    Is it against the TOS to use hardware macro's?

Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    Although you can have more than one spell in a macro you can only cast one at a time--one keystroke=one spell. The macros as they currently are in Rift allow you to bind multiple spells to a single key in order to clean up your UI, but still only one spell will cast with a key stroke. Which spell?--that is the secret stuff of macros. The way you design your macro will determine the order they will cast as you press the same key. They also offer some utility in casting your spell, such as mouseover casting, target of target, that kind of stuff.
    Right. If you do it correctly, you can just run around spamming one button! Race-rolling is for real!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bert5150 View Post
    Is it against the TOS to use hardware macro's?
    It is ok to use gaming keyboard macros, even macros that will proc one after the other, for example having all you motifs fire one after the other. As long as you are at the keyboard, actively playing the game.

If you make a macro that will run when you are not present, it may be considered a bot (short for robot) and you could get banned. You have to be able to respond to a GM in game if you are using a macro or they might consider it a bot.
    Last edited by Riwijo; 03-24-2011 at 11:52 AM.

You can't FULL STOP

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by joen00b View Post
    That's a stupid thing to say. Just because I want to press a single button (preferably assigned to a mouse button) to buff myself does not make me a "bot." It's just more convenient than taking up two action bar slots and having to click on each one separately.

If you think something simple like that makes someone a bot, then you need to also argue that all macros should be removed and we should just do everything manually, otherwise it is apparently too easy and convenient for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast