+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My idea for the give me now generation

Default My idea for the give me now generation

So I was thinking the other night on a way to cure the insta grat (I don't even have time to type it cause that's not fast enough for them) generation.

I say we lock them in a padded room and force them to play all the way through the Myst Series and 7th Guest and 11th Hour. If they have not learned more patience by then well then we truly are doomed as a society.

Lightbulb

I think everyone should play Demon's Souls.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by pacoxi View Post
    Patience and masochism are different concepts!

By the time they finished they would be 40.
    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

The insta gratification generation is the American dream come to life. It really isn't there fault they were born into it, not knowing any better. Take my 5 year old daughter for example we have a PVR/DVR that records all our shows and now we never watch commercials. Guess what happens when we are not watching something recorded? She doesn't understand why she can't FF and gets mad when she has to watch the commercials. It isn't her fault, she is just a product of her environment.
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

Plane Touched

Funny, you talk as though taking months to get somthing done like in the old days of MMO was fun?

I have played MMO's for years, since the days of EQ and yes those days where great.

Thing is, i have grown up now, family, job and i don't have time spending hours to get something done.

I play to have fun, not to have a second job, so you keep talking like its just the young kids, well the young kids are rowing up playing next gen games and so yes they expect more from there games and witch they
    should, MMO's aren't the grind fest they used to be and thats a good thing for us older players who just don't have the time anymore.

So get down off your high horse, if you are having so much fun on the game then why aren't you playing it instead of posting dumb trash like this? all it is doing is showing your true age.

Shadowlander

I don't miss the grind of EQ, but I miss the attitude that the entire game was fun, not just the endgame. And as an older player that doesn't have time for grind, back in high school on EQ when i played 4 sports, worked summers and did a few clubs I probably had less time for an MMO than I do now honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by nogark View Post
    Funny, you talk as though taking months to get somthing done like in the old days of MMO was fun?

I have played MMO's for years, since the days of EQ and yes those days where great.

Thing is, i have grown up now, family, job and i don't have time spending hours to get something done.

I play to have fun, not to have a second job, so you keep talking like its just the young kids, well the young kids are rowing up playing next gen games and so yes they expect more from there games and witch they
    should, MMO's aren't the grind fest they used to be and thats a good thing for us older players who just don't have the time anymore.

So get down off your high horse, if you are having so much fun on the game then why aren't you playing it instead of posting dumb trash like this? all it is doing is showing your true age.
    woahh easy theire hoss. I'm not off playing because hey I'm at work. I was just having a little fun. If you think this should actually be done learn to socialize a little bit. Like another poster said his daughter gets mad cause she has to sit through (average) 3 minutes of commercials. People just need a little patience these days.

Almost everything today is also said in Acronyms or txt spch now days cause people can't take the time to just type out something. Somethings I get like AIDS. Everytime you aren't going to type Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndome. However when people can only type y when asked if they are ready and can't type yes cause it takes to long (yes I have been given that answer when I asked them). We just need to learn to slow down a little and enjoy things a little more.

What possible benefit does this post provide to the community?

Telaran

HAH!
    They wouldn't play Myst for 2 minutes before they got stuck and had to get the cheat codes, or google the answers to all of the puzzles.
    ~Forgotten Heroes~

Younger kids are faster and better than us. They would use resources to finish all of the games you mentioned in a fraction of the time you are suggesting.

What is happening here is some people are feeling their age....and they don't like it.
    Did you all forget our dad's saying..."slow down"?

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    What possible benefit does this post provide to the community?
    None, nothing, nadda. Take your pick. It's just a post trying to have a little fun while venting frustration over people that log in and expect to be 50 fully geared in epic gear (to those that can't tell that was sarcasm).

Then complain there isn't enough content to keep them busy, well maybe if you hadn't hit the lvl 50 option, and checked out the world on the way up to 50 you wouldn't be having the issues.

Just another generation feeling the compulsive need to blame all the ills of society on the next generation, totally ignoring the fact that the aforementioned complaining generation was responsible for this "gimme" generation.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoxi View Post
    Most people would MAYBE make it to the tower knight, then rage quit.

My idea for the give me now crowd?

Euthenasia

Quote Originally Posted by Athis View Post
    Younger kids are faster and better than us. They would use resources to finish all of the games you mentioned in a fraction of the time you are suggesting.

What is happening here is some people are feeling their age....and they don't like it.
    Did you all forget our dad's saying..."slow down"?
    Haha, it isn't an age thing. Like somebody said just a couple posts ago. They would sit down and not be able to solve the first puzzle. Go out to google search the answers beat the game in an hour. The go to the forums and complain that it was to easy and there isn't enough content.

The point is was EQ a bit tough. Sure it was and was WoW to easy, not at launch. The launch of WoW and the first copule years were amazing for the game. You couldn't just sit down and be max level in like 2 days played. Then as more and more people played Blizzard started nerfing and quickening the curve. Now all games feel that is how it has to be. Something between the two would be great. You feel like you accomplished something, but not that you just wasted months of your life.

It's just gotten to that piont where people speed to the end then they complain that it was to short, but you ask them anything about the game, or different areas and they can barely rememberly where the zone is let alone what was there. If you're going to skip half the content you have no right to complain there isn't enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast