+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black hole blows bubble!

Default Black hole blows bubble!

Now I'm into physics, don't know if anyone else here is but found this article very interesting even if it is small.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/science_a...t/10555633.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Meson View Post
    Now I'm into physics, don't know if anyone else here is but found this article very interesting even if it is small.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/science_a...t/10555633.stm
    maybe this is the way NEW MATTER is created, and it is the way the Universe expands

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    maybe this is the way NEW MATTER is created, and it is the way the Universe expands
    New matter is can be created from just enery and old matter converted into enery. Thats how lot of collisions work. What amazes me is the sheer energy those particles must have to escape from something that light cannot even escape from.

I think the black holes just suck in everything and compact it as far as possible and then when enough matter is hit (critical mass) is reached a star is born. That is my guess. We know that there is something in the black hole because is creates the strongest gravity known. The gravity is so strong is also sucks in all light so you see a black hole as oppossed to one with light. This whole process takes SO long nobody have ever seen it finish. My guess it is how new planets, suns etc are born. So matter is constantly being recycled to create the new.

Black holes are what remains after a star dies and collapses in on itself. This is really a huge find because for the longest there were arguments over whether anything could escape a black hole and if so what.

Suns are born in giant nebula incubators I think they're called. The gases in the nebula compress until they ignite and a new star is born.

This kinda stuff just fascinates the hell out of me for some reason. Thanks for the link!

The Science Channel does some great shows on black holes and the universe.
    Last edited by Tachi; 07-09-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I love this stuff. The pic almost looks like the black hole is sucking up a star, but I guess they're right and it's the other way round.

Incidentally, don't you just love the name of that telescope? The Very Large Telescope. Someone had a drinking sesh the night before they named that.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

the center of a black hole that creates the larger gravitational pull is what is left after the inner core of a star starts to create heavy elements such as carbon and iron... as the pressures increase those elements are then turned into even heavier elements due to a run away fusion reaction and therefore gets heavier and heavier as the mass is compacted into a smaller and smaller area it causes a massive depression on the fabric of space-time that creates a funnel effect similar to a whirlpool in which everything falls into it nothing is actually sucked in, the sucking that people are witnessing is actually a slope where space-time becomes almost perpendicular to the rest of space-time...

now whether or not the object at the center of a black hole effects space-time in any other way then the way a star can bend light per the theory of relativity is a matter of great discussion among theoretical physicist but there is a growing number of them that have postulated that a black hole actually consumes space time and works like a conveyor belt pulling things to it what then happens to the space-time fabric that is at the center of a black hole can do one of two things be twisted around and forced back out along the excretion stream or be forced into a dimension parallel to ours where the Membranes as proposed by M-theory are close enough to allow the depression of our own membrane, our space-time, to come into contact with another membrane or another point of our own space-time in essence creating what is commonly know as a wormhole...

if you would like to see something that actually has a gravitational pull 10-1000 times greater then a black hole you should look into something called a Cosmic String... A cosmic string 1.6 kilometers in length may be heavier than the Earth... and that would only be considered a fragment since these would have formed during a phase shift in the early universe within minutes of the big bang they could be light years long... but they are hypothetical still....
    Last edited by Alaraca; 07-09-2010 at 06:26 PM.
    "Few are selected to to gaze into the chasm that gave us our power, most are devoured from within, yet a chosen few have the will to walk away from such discord and torment with the true knowledge of what we serve. Transformed with eyes of pure hatred, of utter disdain, bound to its will, the embodiment of a demon. And I, the greatest of its children, am here to show you true pain..." -Maerawn

Everything that happens in space is somewhat interesting. Good thing we learn more about it since our planet will get destroyed in 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Everything that happens in space is somewhat interesting. Good thing we learn more about it since our planet will get destroyed in 2012...
    Oh for crying out loud... Where do people get information that our planet will be destroyed?? It is NOT going to be destroyed! Planet will stay a planet, HOWEVER human race might go extinct... Thats a big difference there! Planet can continue without humans, but humans can not continue without planet! Well... Not at the moment... But yeah, as it was mentioned before, Universe and Ancient history really interests me!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Oh for crying out loud... Where do people get information that our planet will be destroyed?? It is NOT going to be destroyed! Planet will stay a planet, HOWEVER human race might go extinct... Thats a big difference there! Planet can continue without humans, but humans can not continue without planet! Well... Not at the moment... But yeah, as it was mentioned before, Universe and Ancient history really interests me!
    Yeah who cares if humans will get extincted, aslong as the planet will survive and the humans will be defeated im ok. Or wait am i human in this world?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozon View Post
    Yeah who cares if humans will get extincted, aslong as the planet will survive and the humans will be defeated im ok. Or wait am i human in this world?
    I'm not sure anymore.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

I'm willing to bet $1,000,000 that we're not going to go extinct on December 21st, 2012.
    its = possessive, it's = it is | whose = possessive, who's = who is | your = possessive, you're = you are | too = also or too much, to = to go or to do, two = 2 | their = possessive, there = a place, they're = they are | than = comparative, then = deals with time

Sign these petitions: Halo Reach for PC | Legend of the Seeker season 3 (tv show)

I can't really remember who's DNA they used, but a couple people put samples of their DNA into space. If the human race ever goes extinct then the DNA will be floating around there. Assuming it doesn't get destroyed

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I can't really remember who's DNA they used, but a couple people put samples of their DNA into space. If the human race ever goes extinct then the DNA will be floating around there. Assuming it doesn't get destroyed
    Well, if the human race goes extinct there's some samples of our DNA on earth as well... not that it helps.
    And betting that the world won't end at 2012 is awesome. You can't lose.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

@Elladar, you never know........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast