+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: To all 50s who say they are quitting...

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default To all 50s who say they are quitting...

    ..You're not fooling anyone here. You know just as much as anyone else that the reason you went down to buy Rift in the first place was because you were BORED with your last MMO. Oh-noes!!!! He's going to quit Rift to go back to an MMO they previously were bored with!?!?!

    Just a bunch of empty threats aimed at forcing content out of this game at a faster pace. But you all know that even though you say you are quitting you will be back in Rift by the time you get done reading this thread.

    But trying to squeeze out level 50 content with your empty threats is going to be far worse for the game than you being patient and waiting for the things they have in store.

    So for all of you cry-babies, whiners, and little-boy-crying-wolfers stop with your pointless and meaningless threats. Or on the otherhand, continue with them JUST as long as everyone knows that these guys are here to stay whether they want to or not; regardless of what they might say...

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    A lot of players i know have already gone back to WoW. Not to say they weren't bored with WoW, i agree with that part of your post, just less bored with it than RIFT.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remyy View Post
    A lot of players i know have already gone back to WoW. Not to say they weren't bored with WoW, i agree with that part of your post, just less bored with it than RIFT.
    Don't feed the troll or else he'll keep comming back for more. If you feed him, then you can clean up after him

  4. #4
    Telaran Gatorskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remyy View Post
    A lot of players i know have already gone back to WoW. Not to say they weren't bored with WoW, i agree with that part of your post, just less bored with it than RIFT.
    This is going to happen with every game that comes out lol

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    LOL! even if what you said was moderately true, the fact still remains that they were bored with their prior MMO so they will be bored when "supposedly" (wink wink*) going back. So either this is a discontent individual who can't find tranquility in the gaming industry or an empty threat-thrower seeking to force Trion's hand in establishing new content for 50's. I'm going to bet my bottom dollar that it's the second option considering that if someone is playing games to begin with they are most likely going to find joy in playing something. Whoever heard of an individual forcing himself/herself to play games they are bored of?

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I have no plans to go back to WoW, though I had left several months before RIFT came out. I also plan to re-up with RIFT.

    Still, I do wish I had more to look forward to at Level 50. I hope they launch some sort of expansion relatively soon (including some really fun PVP).

    BTW, has any game tried instancing the entire Level 50 experience the way some games (like LOTRO) instance game areas when they are overcrowded.

    Seems to me that if you shoved every Level 50 into an instanced game experience outside of the capital cities (forced or by choice) then an expansion could be as easy as repopulating the world with Level 50+ mobs.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorskin View Post
    This is going to happen with every game that comes out lol
    Of course, but the OP seems to think otherwise.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Etravex View Post
    LOL! even if what you said was moderately true, the fact still remains that they were bored with their prior MMO so they will be bored when "supposedly" (wink wink*) going back. So either this is a discontent individual who can't find tranquility in the gaming industry or an empty threat-thrower seeking to force Trion's hand in establishing new content for 50's. I'm going to bet my bottom dollar that it's the second option considering that if someone is playing games to begin with they are most likely going to find joy in playing something. Whoever heard of an individual forcing himself/herself to play games they are bored of?
    I'm not here to try to offend you, you can stop trying to be sarcastic. Honestly, your first option is much closer to the truth. I highly doubt any of them will give RIFT another chance, they had their shot, it didn't impress them, that's that. Also..

    Quote Originally Posted by Etravex View Post
    Whoever heard of an individual forcing himself/herself to play games they are bored of?
    This is not an uncommon occurrence.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remyy View Post
    Of course, but the OP seems to think otherwise.
    Eventually, this is correct. Diminishing returns do apply to video games just as much as everything else in this life. BUT, a bunch of level 50's squawking after only a few weeks of release: "BORED! BORED" is so unjustified.

    There can only be one ploy behind their squawking and now everyone knows exactly what it is.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple slobberkocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    i bought rift bc of all the hype and players on other games message boards claiming "omg this game suxors rif tis the best bye all take my stuff" so after hundreds of threads like that on every other mmos website, i bought mainily out of couriosity to see what all the hype was a about. turned out all the hype was a dud.
    Last edited by slobberkocker; 03-22-2011 at 12:32 PM.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Etravex View Post
    Eventually, this is correct. Diminishing returns do apply to video games just as much as everything else in this life. BUT, a bunch of level 50's squawking after only a few weeks of release: "BORED! BORED" is so unjustified.

    There can only be one ploy behind their squawking and now everyone knows exactly what it is.
    So you're saying you just enlightened the entire community on this matter? Please..

    People already KNOW that some people are throwing around empty threats. For you to say they are ALL empty threats is incorrect.

    Whether or not RIFT has an adequate amount of end-game content is an argument i'm not going to get into. I'm much too bias.
    Last edited by remyy; 03-22-2011 at 12:34 PM.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Let me put it very plainly for everyone: There is no legitimate boredom going on with Rift at the moment. However, there are alot of dissatisfied individuals who want (were expecting) more out of endgame content. They can put on whatever forum masquerade they so desire, but it isn't out of boredom.

    Here is the real fact of the matter, WoW has changed the industry leaps and bounds. People were playing an MMO (including myself) for 7 years!!! so the endgame content set the standard for the MMO market. Of course any MMO coming out with less content than what they are used to is going to get it's fair share of complaints.

    Rest assured everyone they are empty threats because they want "MORE" rift not less.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remyy View Post
    So you're saying you just enlightened the entire community on this matter? Please..

    People already KNOW that some people are throwing around empty threats. For you to say they are ALL empty threats is incorrect.

    Whether or not RIFT has an adequate amount of end-game content is an argument i'm not going to get into. I'm much too bias.
    How contradictory...you tell me "For you to say they are ALL empty threats is incorrect" and yet you have the audacity to state that the they are NOT all empty threats.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I'd have to disagree. I think people bought RIFT hoping for something different. I think most people who have played enough RIFT agree that the gameplay is essentially the same as WoW. Minus rifts (which are a pretty cool idea, but definitely not enough to separate the game from WoW), everything is similar. If these players wanted "MORE" of RIFT, why wouldn't they just return to WoW? That has tons more content, which is the same type of content as RIFT.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slobberkocker View Post
    i bought rift bc of all the hype and players on other games message boards claiming "omg this game suxors rif tis the best bye all take my stuff" so after hundreds of threads like that on every other mmos website, i bought mainily out of couriosity to see what all the hype was a about. turned out all the hype was a dud.
    ...How sad, another plea for more Rift content.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts