Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry WAR Players?

Avi
    Telaran

Default Angry WAR Players?

I've been lurking about the forums a while now and seen quite a few references to "angry WAR players". I take this to mean that these are people that played WAR, and for one reason or another, are unhappy with Rift. Reason for this thread is for anyone who thinks they fall into this category to post here: why?

I played WAR and loved it, then they cancelled their contracts with Internode and weren't (At the time) supported by a proxy service, so my lag on US servers was unplayable. Now i'm playing Rift, and am pleasantly surprised by familiar mechanics and systems, not outraged that it's been done a bit differently.

So, for anyone who has any problems with Rift as a game, specifically when compared to WAR, please tell me why. And for anyone who has used the phrase "angry WAR players", please tell me what exactly you mean by that phrase, and in what context you use it. I'm just genuinely curious.

Dunno about angry..( dissapointed rather ) but i still play war ( trial ) and cancelled rift... I just find pvp in rift rather bad... Would rather play tiny free portion of war instead
    I'm Charlie Sheen and I'm a Warlock

Warhammer had better pvp. Personally I was hoping Trion could give us at least the pvp that War had (mostly on the open RvR side) and even improve on it. Right now they only have the instanced side of it with occasional open world ganking.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

The day is young, most people are busy leveling up and Trion have time to improve the pvp aspect of the game if they choose.
    Remember mmos aint just games, they are a business too. They will only pump man power and money into an aspect of the game if they feel it will attract/keep customers.

Just my 2 cent

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    Warhammer had better pvp. Personally I was hoping Trion could give us at least the pvp that War had (mostly on the open RvR side) and even improve on it. Right now they only have the instanced side of it with occasional open world ganking.
    WAR fell flat on it's face because of that great pvp and is down to 2 servers because of it. I'll stick with Rift. Have fun!

Soulwalker

I played War for a couple months and really didn't like the game. I'm not sure why I stuck with it, I guess I just really wanted to believe that Mythic would fix the problems and they honestly didn't at all. What they did fix wasn't enough and they just didn't seem to care at all about their playerbase. Warhammer fantasy is also a really cool world and Mythic at least captured that world really well.
    Last edited by Lysonasia; 03-20-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Plane Touched

WAR is dieing...

i played WAR for a while on and off, really really liked it a whole lot.

I did not come to this game thinking it was going to be WAR but better, they never said anything about RvR or any kind of open world PvP. Ever. Any WAR players or players in general who thought this was going to be the next best RvR game were mislead by their own reasoning.

Granted the pvp needs some work, but it wasnt marketed toward the pvp players/style of game.

Accept it for what it is now and embrace any future pvp changes or ****.
    Last edited by Discoprince; 03-20-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Avi
    Telaran

Definitely some valid reasons here, and I completely agree, the PvP in WAR was much more immersive and exciting, I played a SW then, and a Marksman/Assassin now, and there are some parallels. I'll be sticking with Rift to see how the PvP evolves, certainly PvP lakes and Weekends a'la WAR is something Rift could massively improve with. But, bear in mind, WAR had notoriously bad balance, class-breaking bugs and downright awful itemisation and stat allocation, issues which are far less noticable in Rift. Of course, Riftblades and Saboteurs are the BWs and WEs or Rift atm, but i'm certain that will change directly, as Trion have proven - to me at least - that they really are committed to customer service and community feedback. Hope more of the WAR crowd stick around, or at least keep an eye on Rift, as WAR players are some of the best PvP players i've seen - and that includes UO, Darkfall, DAoC and Shadowbane

Please, WAR players are a myth, if they really existed Warhammer wouldn't be a dead empty shell.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dada7 View Post
    Please, WAR players are a myth, if they really existed Warhammer wouldn't be a dead empty shell.
    /signed

"Oh WAR has such exciting PVP, RVR, ****** all over myself, I love it so much" and yet, you quit....

Avi
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dada7 View Post
    lol. We exist, just not enough of us for Mythic to care about.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by hydro420
    "Oh WAR has such exciting PVP, RVR, ****** all over myself, I love it so much" and yet, you quit....
    For me, it was cause of Australia's terribly overpriced server hosting, Mythic dropped the deal and with it, and semblance of playable ping.
    Last edited by Avi; 03-20-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Shadowlander

WAR essentially died on launch because it was missing most of what was meant to be in it and had allot of bugs, This is the same as Conan.

Both came out months too early in their development. Now both games are awsome, but theres a severe lack of players. Its probably about time that they tried to do what D&D and LoTR have had done to them and get a paid/free2play system going.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nian View Post
    WAR essentially died on launch because it was missing most of what was meant to be in it and had allot of bugs, This is the same as Conan.
    I will add one more thing to this - lack of true game development and listening to player base. When ppl said "BW are OP becouse they got top dps+top undefendable cc" (smtg like chmpion/riftblade atm i rift )- they change it after (dont remember) 1 year? Same with DoK and worthless of other healing classes.

Now the same developers names you have here, in Rift....

funny thread maybe you guys should do some research on who is making rift before you talk crap about war. From your community assistant to your combat and careers guess what ? they are all from warhammer online . Notice the same balance issues in pvp here that war had? all the stupid c/c? hmmm......
    www.deceptionrift.guildportal.com DAOC, WAR, WOW, R.I.P

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast