+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something fun to do between Rift beta events...

Default Something fun to do between Rift beta events...

As most know by now, my favorite game of all time is DAoC. I quit years ago due to drastic changes in Trials of Atlantis and New Frontiers expansions, as well as the fact that everyone else was pissed too so the population took a nose-dive. I might have stuck it out if not for the huge population drop.

Anyway, I was recently informed that DAoC has made GIANT overhauls to their game engine, as well as implementing several "new-gen" concepts to one of the best "old-school" games ever made.

The grind is almost non existent, due to the implementation of "quest hubs". If you so desire you can still run a muck slaughtering hapless critters to grind your way to the end game, but it is no longer necessary.

There are multiple new concepts, such as Master Levels, Champion Levels, and Sub-classing. Imagine your big bad paladin in his shiny plate armor and gigantic pole-axe charging the field of battle on his massive armored battle steed. It is quite a sight...but then something totally unexpected happens...the mighty paladin stands up in his saddle and hurls a fireball at his enemies!

Yes, sub-classing can make many things possible...and it gives a new twist to PvP and RvR since you are never quite sure what Ace your opponents have up their sleeves.

The game population is dwindling to the point where the game will soon be dead, but for us many brave adventurers awaiting our grand entrance into Telara, why not take advantage of the 14 day free trials being offered for DAoC? Also if you have an old account you can reactivate it with 10 free days.

It is a fun way to pass the time between Rift beta events, it is FREE...and it will give one of the best MMORPGs ever made a final salute of respect as it fades into the darkness forever.

Click HERE to download the complete DAoC client, which includes the original client and ALL expansions. FREE!

Then go HERE to create your trial and join the DAoC Farewell Party!

It doesn't matter which realm you choose when you start, the only cluster of servers left is the Yawains, and you can use an NPC to teleport between any of the servers in that cluster any time you like.

Lets tear up the lowbie BGs for a couple weeks (minus the days for Rift Beta 2 of course)!

Come on peoples! This is not an attempt to drag you away from Rift, for I cannot even drag myself away at this point. This is just an attempt to get an influx of population for a couple weeks and have some fun lowbie RvR battles.

It will be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Stryff View Post
    Come on peoples! This is not an attempt to drag you away from Rift, for I cannot even drag myself away at this point. This is just an attempt to get an influx of population for a couple weeks and have some fun lowbie RvR battles.

It will be fun
    JUST DO IT!

*Jedi mind trick*

I'm downloading it now... since Marc Jacobs doesn't work there any more I suppose I can check it out.
    We are the Defiant!

Quote Originally Posted by ViniH View Post
    I'm downloading it now... since Marc Jacobs doesn't work there any more I suppose I can check it out.
    LMAO! Good man.

Who is next? You don't have to feel like you are cheating on Rifts...you will be coming back.

It will be a sad day when daoc servers go offline. I played it on day one, and still holds a special place in my heart. No game will ever come close to what that game had. During its prime in 2001-2003 pre ToA it was unreal. The community, realm pride, and the overall game was beyond great.

I will always remember daoc, and I will never forget her. I wont return, due to the fact I want to remember her as she was and what the community was like then.

PS: No game will ever have the community daoc had in the early 2000's. I still remember how playes put others before themselves, and truely cared about people. The videos people made would make ppl cry they were so touching.

I remember when a player passed away due to cancer, each faction had a cease fighting day, and everyone gathered without weapons to remember her. Try to do that now with the current mmo community
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43wQdFGmf30

another good video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUunCoDXVRA

I would do anything to bring daoc and the community back as it was in the early 2000's. I could care less about gfx's and rewards. Give me a great community and gameplay and a great game will follow.
    Last edited by Arlais; 12-14-2010 at 12:36 PM.

DAoC will forever remain my heart.

+ Reply to Thread