+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else think Horizons was almost the perfect MMO?

Soulwalker

Default Did anyone else think Horizons was almost the perfect MMO?

I mean seriously if that game had any end game it would have been the only game to date that would have gave me the feeling everquest 1 did. And not because it was like it but because it had so many new things that just worked fluidly together.

The community building projects were the coolest thing ive never seen replicated. For example the entire server dug a tunnel for like a month or longer and it found a race living underground that then became a playable race only for our server.

Or server built a bridge to an island that once completed opened up more player housing plots.

And the crafting was done the best i have seen yet. When building your house not only was it incredible looking and fit for each race but you could open a management window and set it to pay people for supplies your house needed.

There was so much more that was great about this game i would love to see some of the ideas they implemented moving forward in other games.

Evilfud

Sounds interesting, might give it a play

Did you ever see David Allen's original racial make-up (had diametrically opposed sets of races like Angel & Demons etc,) and the proposed PvP play and world, that Horizons never evolved into?

Even in it's ultimate "watered-down" version though, I agree, it was one heck of a good game; too bad it only has crafting item drops, since I prefer gear, weapons, potions etc. too as drops, even in a crafter-centric game like Horizons. And after all, where else can one play a Dragon?
    "You're simply jealous since the voices speak only to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfud View Post
    I mean seriously if that game had any end game it would have been the only game to date that would have gave me the feeling everquest 1 did. And not because it was like it but because it had so many new things that just worked fluidly together.

The community building projects were the coolest thing ive never seen replicated. For example the entire server dug a tunnel for like a month or longer and it found a race living underground that then became a playable race only for our server.

Or server built a bridge to an island that once completed opened up more player housing plots.

And the crafting was done the best i have seen yet. When building your house not only was it incredible looking and fit for each race but you could open a management window and set it to pay people for supplies your house needed.

There was so much more that was great about this game i would love to see some of the ideas they implemented moving forward in other games.

Evilfud

I really like some of the ideas you mention and I hope they look into them. What I particularly like is the "finding a new race for your specific server" and "building a bridge to an island". Sounds great =]

And off topic, something that annoys me in games is the mounts scaling to the race you're playing. It looks ridiculous when this "big" race and "tiny" race are on the same mount but one is big and the other tiny. They should all be the same no matter what... or have slight variations, mostly if it's a living creature (cars and mechanical mounts makes more sense to have it scaling).... thank you...

Prophet of Telara

I followed horizons when it was first announced, it was set to be the most groundbreaking game ever. But they couldn't deliver on any of it. And the vision changed so much over development.

Quote Originally Posted by Grymmoire View Post
    Did you ever see David Allen's original racial make-up (had diametrically opposed sets of races like Angel & Demons etc,) and the proposed PvP play and world, that Horizons never evolved into?
    This... omg.

I was beyond disappointed when the blood wars were taken out.

So much that I didn't really follow Horizons into release.

Do I regret it?

Not really. At the same time, if Horizons released some time earlier this year... would I be playing it? This is a distinct possibility. After saying to hell with Aion, I have probably spent more time playing League of Legends than I have anything else.

LoL is fun, and cool, and awesome...

... but I want an MMO, and everything I read about Horizons was always great until my inner child began the No-PvP-QQ.

Then again, Minecraft doesn't have any PvP.

I can play that game for a very stupid number of hours.
    Last edited by Slowjack; 12-14-2010 at 01:10 AM.

I am Rinleigh.
    I am Defiance.
    <3

There was no endcontent. At lvl 48 ore some there was no more mobs to kill that gave you exp, so the whole guild quit afer a while, but it was surely a intressting game.
    Last edited by Braal; 12-14-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    http://www.konzil-gilde.de/

The world construction stuff is the single coolest thing I have ever experienced in any MMO ever. If someone could tap into that now and make the rest of the game not suck, they would have a virtual goldmine on their hands.
    Crowl - Bahmi Justicar/Shaman/Purifier Tank
    Aramon Alshan 32 Riftstalker/34 Nightblade PVP setup
    Sunrest RP-PVP
    Foe's Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellevitia View Post
    I really like some of the ideas you mention and I hope they look into them. What I particularly like is the "finding a new race for your specific server" and "building a bridge to an island". Sounds great =]

And off topic, something that annoys me in games is the mounts scaling to the race you're playing. It looks ridiculous when this "big" race and "tiny" race are on the same mount but one is big and the other tiny. They should all be the same no matter what... or have slight variations, mostly if it's a living creature (cars and mechanical mounts makes more sense to have it scaling).... thank you...
    Why? Why cant the tiny race ride a baby version of the mount?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaar View Post
    There was no endcontent. At lvl 48 ore some there was no more mobs to kill that gave you exp, so the whole guild quit afer a while, but it was surely a intressting game.
    There been some. Animated Marrows, lvl 80, plenty of them (for the 1st few month). But one kind of mob to kill for XP for pleny of lvls not exactly been end content
    The game had plenty of pretty nice things to offer, but sadly also some pretty bad issues.
    Last edited by Lynn777; 12-15-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Shadowlander

I completely agree. Crafting was really enjoyable, and the world crafting was fantastic. Multi-classing was a bit chaotic, yet had its appeal. I actually miss this game and wish that it had come to be something greater that what it was.

Ascendant

Yes, I said something in a thread way back , stating that it would be great to have more games with world building activities.

Bridges to the islands for housing, bridges to islands to open the fairie race in game, loads of fun.

I made a dragon to level 83 before quiting , I miss it sometimes. But the transition through varied ownerships has me boggled, and with those I couldn't possibly resume my dragon........and currently not wanting to start fresh.................there were no dragon housing when I quit.

Thumbs up

I shall look into this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dinhosaur View Post
    I followed horizons when it was first announced, it was set to be the most groundbreaking game ever. But they couldn't deliver on any of it. And the vision changed so much over development.
    Agreed. I followed this game long before it was released, and when it finally did come out, I was very let down by pretty much every element of it. I felt it was one of the worst games I ever tried.

I know this is a bit of a necro... but...

said I would check it out and I'm actually really enjoying it

theres not too many people about but its pretty good fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast