+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV launches September 22, 2010

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

Default Final Fantasy XIV launches September 22, 2010

I found this on MMORPG.com: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...n-Delayed.html

Apparently Final Fantasy XIV is making its 2010 launch, and is doing it with time to spare. I, frankly, am shocked.

So, does this affect any Rift fans? Personally, I am not interested, but I do not doubt that many others are.

Nice find. I wasn't aware they were even in beta yet... I might have to pick this up to play around with for a bit.

Doesn't affect me. Never liked Final Fantasy and no PvP seals the deal.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hydd View Post
    Nice find. I wasn't aware they were even in beta yet... I might have to pick this up to play around with for a bit.
    They are not yet in beta - it is schedule to start in July. So, they have roughly a two-month window to do a beta and implement any last moment fixes. It looks like, with a short beta, they will not actually change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sornin View Post
    They are not yet in beta - it is schedule to start in July. So, they have roughly a two-month window to do a beta and implement any last moment fixes. It looks like, with a short beta, they will not actually change much.
    They've likely done a beta in the East. There is no way you can in-house balance a game of this scale. I'd assume they are just stress testing the servers and building hype with a Western beta.

No PvP reallly turns me off on the game... not a huge fan of the FF genre to begin with. Don't think I'll be checking it out

Wow that seems much much earlier than I expected. I hope its playable. Even though my eggs are in the Rift basket I hope other MMOs do well . This genre needs some successful good games.

Tried FFXI, didn't like it at all. No PvP makes it lose much points in my opinion, scripted events get boring after times...

Havn't played FF since.. PS1? I remember it to be fun back then, but havn't played any of the sequels, so doubt I'll check this game out.

Might be trying this out to speed time up abit, but it surely doesn't look like a keeper.

Haven't heard many good things about it so far. I'll give it a shot when it comes out but I'll probably stick with lord of the rings online and starcraft 2 until Rift is released.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

I honestly can NOT wait for this game. FFXI was so good, and I'm really hoping this one is just as good if not better. Really want into the beta.

I never took the time to check out Final Fantasy XI was it? I don't know if it was decent or not. I used to play Final Fantasy when it didn't have any roman numerals after it, but it seemed like they added too many cut scenes that kind of turned me off.

no pvp and it being heavily depended on grinding killed FF mmos for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sornin View Post
    I found this on MMORPG.com: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...n-Delayed.html

Apparently Final Fantasy XIV is making its 2010 launch, and is doing it with time to spare. I, frankly, am shocked.

So, does this affect any Rift fans? Personally, I am not interested, but I do not doubt that many others are.
    Yes....it has no PvP which I find brilliant. Hope it's not a grind fest, but will definitely buy it *rushes out to search for pre-order details*
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast