+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dont you miss being a BIG TIME noob?

Default Dont you miss being a BIG TIME noob?

Dont you wish you could go back in time, or somehow have your brain washed clear of MMO's or any online experiences. I still remember everything i did in EQ1 to this day. Now, everything is pretty much self explanatory since ive played a bunch of MMO's.

Anyone have any noob stories about their first MMO?

Mine would be, I was yelling at a guard in Halas in eq1 for killing my bear cubs and such cause i wasnt able to get ruined leather pelts from their corpses. Only took a tell from some person telling me it was an NPC. Felt like a moron lol.

Just discovering new zones, dying, rezzing, porting, selling, questing was just so new to me then, it was just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayt0302 View Post
    Dont you wish you could go back in time, or somehow have your brain washed clear of MMO's or any online experiences. I still remember everything i did in EQ1 to this day. Now, everything is pretty much self explanatory since ive played a bunch of MMO's.

Anyone have any noob stories about their first MMO?

Mine would be, I was yelling at a guard in Halas in eq1 for killing my bear cubs and such cause i wasnt able to get ruined leather pelts from their corpses. Only took a tell from some person telling me it was an NPC. Felt like a moron lol.

Just discovering new zones, dying, rezzing, porting, selling, questing was just so new to me then, it was just amazing.
    Ahh the good 'ol days of UO and EQ1. I remember back in UO having that same problem, I thought "everyone" was a real person.

When I first started WoW in 2005 I thought contested zones could be captured by the factions and I also thought the capital cities could be raided and captured by each faction.

I remember getting ported to a zone, didnt bind (eq1) and died there in lake of Ill omen. I was so upset, I had no idea how to get my corpse.

I still am.
    10char

I remember creating my first character in EQ, a Half Elf that I started in Kelethin. I logged in game during the night and it was pitch black. I walked right off the ledge of Kelethin, fell to the forest floor below, and died. I cranked up the Gamma after that.

It was fun when I knew absolutely nothing.

It took me days to figure to there was a "run" button in EQ. I spent a lot of time walking back to the Butcherblock docks each time I was killed.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

I was NEVER a noob.

Never.

Seriously I never was.

PyroLock Proud Supporter of a DPS Meter
    CPU: i7-950 @ 3.7 GHz GPU: GTX 470 SOC 770 MHz MB: Asus Rampage III Formula RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 DRIVE:OCZ RevoDrive 120 GB (0.5 GB/sec read rate)

Quote Originally Posted by The-Destroyer View Post
    I was NEVER a noob.

Never.

Seriously I never was.
    Only because you still are. ;)
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

[QUOTE=Jayt0302;266423
    Mine would be, I was yelling at a guard in Halas in eq1 for killing my bear cubs and such cause i wasnt able to get ruined leather pelts from their corpses. Only took a tell from some person telling me it was an NPC. Felt like a moron lol.[/QUOTE]

I actually saw a person all bent out of shape and using profanity against an NPC guard for the very same thing and causing a real scene (no, i doubt it was you =) However, someone reported it or something, because a GM came in and physically started speaking for the NPC guard! I've never laughed so hard at an MMO; made my day to have this NPC berate a player (was in EQ1 waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day).

I started with WoW in 2004.
    I saw another rogue with a full set of crafted leather gear and it looked soo cool.
    So I spent the whole day grinding and selling greys to afford the whole newbie set of leather from the vendor.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    I actually saw a person all bent out of shape and using profanity against an NPC guard for the very same thing and causing a real scene (no, i doubt it was you =) However, someone reported it or something, because a GM came in and physically started speaking for the NPC guard! I've never laughed so hard at an MMO; made my day to have this NPC berate a player (was in EQ1 waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day).
    In EQ at release Necro's could use voice graft and speak through npc's.. Was kinda funny actually...

Plane Touched

I still remember the days of camping the dracolich room on NWN on Aol. I want to say that was 93.
    And Meridian 59 now that was some pvp.

Prophet of Telara

When: late 1999 ( the exact date escapes me)
    Where: EQ1 Kelethin/Gfay

After creating my very first character ( Ranger) I had NO clue what I was doing. I wandered around Kelethin( watching many plummet to their death from falling out of Kelethin) Until I found a lift going down. I summoned my courage and rode it down. At the Bottom, slightly off in the distance I saw another player. I headed over to them and we began to talk.His name was Raython and he was a warrior. Soon a third person arrived her name was Eva and she was a cleric. After figuring out how to form a group we decided to head off into the wilderness together( EQ1 back then was a wilderness, maps did not exist.)
    We ended up on "Orc Hill" and had a fantastic time learning about our characters strength and weaknesses. Making bonds that exist to this day.

That was 11 years ago. Raython and Eva are STILL to this day my gaming friends. We lose track of one another from time to time, but we are friends none the same.

Yes, I miss being a n00b.
    " Why is common sense so damn uncommon?"

Samuel Langhorne Clemens

+ Reply to Thread