+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: To All of Those...

Default To All of Those...

To all of those who feel like the MMO future should be set on "solo game-play" and that the game's creators should cater to you because you have a family, I feel bad for you. It's people like you who kill the gaming experience and the "fantasy role" for everyone else.

If you have a job now, you're not 12-17 anymore and you have a kid, a fiance, and are getting your finances straight for a house - good for you, grow up quit gaming and pay attention to your kids. If you don't have time to put into this game, that's your fault not the other millions who intend to continue to play the games.

I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me to take this thing called vacation time off from work, to spend with my family and enjoy gaming alike. If you don't have that ability then stop putting your money into new RAM and GHz upgrades and start buying diapers and paying the electric bill.

That's how people end up on Oprah, Maury, and whatever lame show they have out there that labels the gaming community as a bad bunch of people, and I'm tired of it. It's gone too far now. Games should be games, if you can't allot your time to your family AND towards the game itself, then you don't belong in it. Take care of your life and your family, when you retire I'm sure the next MMO experience for you will be just as good.

Sorry, please don't flame me - I just get mad at whiney people who feel they deserve the world's sympathy because they can't fill the shoes given to them.

Yep, and its silly because there are plenty of casual players out there who play gamea and enjoy it for whatever limited rewards they manage to achieve in the time they have. Then you get these people who feel like the world owes them a personal favor.

"I demand every single dungeon in every game to be over within 30 minutes because I deserve to experience all of them, and no one should ever have gear that is dramatically better than mine even if they play 10 times as much as I do, and dont even think about ever making anything contested because I might not personally get to experience it."

Theres nothing wrong with games having plenty of casual content, the problem is these entitled people who demand that all games have absolutely nothing but casual content.
    - Lord Taldier

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Fenalor View Post
    If you have a job now, you're not 12-17 anymore and you have a kid, a fiance, and are getting your finances straight for a house - good for you, grow up quit gaming and pay attention to your kids.
    Gobsmacked, truly I am.

Your saying gaming is for kids then? At best teens only?

Get a grip.

Seems to me your what you want is exactly what your mad at. you want a game made your way. if people don't like it they should deal with it.

I understand what your saying, and I'm not saying your wrong. just seems like your fighting for, what your arguing against.
    Last edited by Gorezin; 12-10-2010 at 10:15 AM.

If you have a job now, you're not 12-17 anymore and you have a kid, a fiance, and are getting your finances straight for a house - good for you, grow up quit gaming and pay attention to your kids. If you don't have time to put into this game, that's your fault not the other millions who intend to continue to play the games.
    I see no reason why having time commitments means that you should not be able to enjoy a game which has been marketed as being one which will support that kind of play. Do you perhaps have illusions that Rift is in fact a new Vanguard, meant to be consumed by organized groups?
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Ascendant

This conversation gets so polarized. Instead of a one end or the other of a spectrum, I'd like to see a happy medium.

I don't need every dungeon to be 30 minutes, but I don't want any of them to take more than 2 hours (a pretty standard length for many other entertainments).

I don't see any problem with making the best gear take a lot of work to achieve, but I want it to have a moderate advantage over what non-hardcore players can achieve, not vastly overpower it.

I want content to be difficult and rewarding, but almost all of it should be achievable by someone who games a couple hours a day most days (I understand the average MMO player games about three hours a day) and don't believe there should be any content that can only be achieved if you are willing to make the game a full time job.

Something that gets lost in all these "Old School" vs "WoW-like" and "Harcore" vs "Casual" player conversations is that there are a lot of people that don't easily fall into either camp. Some of us are somewhere in the middle. We don't want easy, but we don't want to have to dedicate our lives to it. We don't need sound-bite gaming, but we want to be able to do other things with our time besides game.

In the end, these games are businesses. The bottom line rules. Everyone who pays has a right to express what they want from a game, and to take their money elsewhere if they don't like the game.

To all of those who feel like the MMO future should be set on "solo game-play" and that the game's creators should cater to you because you have a family, I feel bad for you. It's people like you who kill the gaming experience and the "fantasy role" for everyone else.

I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me to take this thing called vacation time off from work, to spend with my family and enjoy gaming alike. If you don't have that ability then stop putting your money into new RAM and GHz upgrades and start buying diapers and paying the electric bill.

That's how people end up on Oprah, Maury, and whatever lame show they have out there that labels the gaming community as a bad bunch of people, and I'm tired of it. It's gone too far now. Games should be games, if you can't allot your time to your family AND towards the game itself, then you don't belong in it. Take care of your life and your family, when you retire I'm sure the next MMO experience for you will be just as good.

Sorry, please don't flame me - I just get mad at whiney people who feel they deserve the world's sympathy because they can't fill the shoes given to them.
    Don't kid yourself ,RIFT is very solo friendly from what i have seen and casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki-Storm View Post
    Don't kid yourself ,RIFT is very solo friendly from what i have seen and casual.
    Blah blah blah, NDA doesn't mean anything to Ineluki, blah blah blah . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gorezin View Post
    Seems to me your what you want is exactly what your mad at. you want a game made your way. if people don't like it they should deal with it.

I understand what your saying, and I'm not saying your wrong. just seems like your fighting for, what your arguing against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuldorn View Post
    Gobsmacked, truly I am.

Your saying gaming is for kids then? At best teens only?

Get a grip.
    No, and no. Gaming isn't for kids, I'm just implying that people between those ages have more time on their hands than others. And I'm mad? I'm not mad at all, just laughing at producer's franchises being oriented around whiney brats who need to get their way or they won't play. There is a NORMAL, anything done to that NORMAL is THEIR way, I don't have a way - because it's the usual.

Soulwalker

Woot somone spoke their mind ! and i also agree with this post im so tired of playing all these MMO with all the glory just to find it solo based and so easy to multitask folding laundry doing yard work and painting the house while also leveling / autoattacking mobs yay... not! make something a bit more oooo... Hard ! i miss the old days when after a long and furious battle with dungeons and quests i finally achived a epic weapon or a great peice of armor that took a month to farm.. dosent anyone else miss thoses days of feeling a sense of achievement!
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Werko View Post
    Woot somone spoke their mind ! and i also agree with this post im so tired of playing all these MMO with all the glory just to find it solo based and so easy to multitask folding laundry doing yard work and painting the house while also leveling / autoattacking mobs yay... not! make something a bit more oooo... Hard ! i miss the old days when after a long and furious battle with dungeons and quests i finally achived a epic weapon or a great peice of armor that took a month to farm.. dosent anyone else miss thoses days of feeling a sense of achievement!
    !
    Ok, fine, but what made you think that THIS GAME IN SPECIFIC was going to offer that? The devs haven't said they won't support solo play . . . they have in fact said they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post
    Blah blah blah, NDA doesn't mean anything to Ineluki, blah blah blah . . .
    Blah blah blah,did someone speak.

I think you just pissed off every gamer that isnt a 16 year old troll.
    What casual gamers are are people who just started playing mmos fairly recently imo.
    They came when games became easy and cant deal with a little difficulty. Not exactly people with families.

Youre better off just saying
    "1999 or ****"

If the response is "lolwut?" torch them.

Soulwalker

i meant MMO's in general these days are so easy takes almost no thought and even most of the raid encounters are a handful of pulls till you get it down if that it just dosent give the feel of acoplishment as some of the older harder thought MMO's

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post
    Ok, fine, but what made you think that THIS GAME IN SPECIFIC was going to offer that? The devs haven't said they won't support solo play . . . they have in fact said they will.
    Everything in the game doesnt need to be difficult. But there need to be things in the game that are difficult. Every player does not need to get to experience every single bit of content of a game.
    - Lord Taldier

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    - Nietzsche

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast