+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Bout to start a new MMO until the 17th, downtime killer

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Horrify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    103

    Arrow Bout to start a new MMO until the 17th, downtime killer

    I think I'm going to try and play AIKA, it's free to play and available only to the US and Canada atm, it looks actually decent. I've played about 20 MMo's over the past 4-5 days trying to find something that isn't horrible, they were all horrible :/

    Looking for anyone else in the same boat as me that wants to kill some time, I find it a lot more entertaining to travel with a group, even if it's just one person

    You can find me in my ventrilo server:

    vent13.shrapnet.com
    3824

    or leave me a way to contact you here, skype AIM e-mail, whatever you check often.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Itankstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    298

    Default

    aika was alright but nothing that kept my attention for very long... atm im trying vanguards free trial and its actually pretty good im enjoying my lil fox dude forget the name of the race.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Horrify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itankstuff View Post
    aika was alright but nothing that kept my attention for very long... atm im trying vanguards free trial and its actually pretty good im enjoying my lil fox dude forget the name of the race.
    yeah I played vanguard a few days ago, people said it was decent but I just didn't like it, I think I made a healer got to around level 5 and just couldnt play it anymore. It also seemed that I was the only person in the starting area, no other players to be found, not usually a good sign

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Itankstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    yeah I played vanguard a few days ago, people said it was decent but I just didn't like it, I think I made a healer got to around level 5 and just couldnt play it anymore. It also seemed that I was the only person in the starting area, no other players to be found, not usually a good sign
    most people are max level but i got to lvl 10 as a paladin, and it just varies for the first dew hours i didn't see anyone but later that day or the next i saw kinda a lot of people running around at least 4-7 its just sad no enough advertising of the game, and it doesn't help that it came out during WoW's prime.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched -Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    242

    Default

    i played Aika once got to lv 23 and was a warrior and i have tons of pvp tokens enough to get pvp armor, and eys having that much tokens at that lv is hard to get.
    Rhyli@Hailol

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Horrify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    well leveling is definitely easy, im like level 6 after about 15 miutes of playing, so far so good.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Horrify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    aika isnt too bad, nothing too interesting so far but the questing is bearable and not overcomplicated, im the type of person that doesnt like to read quests at all, and you can skip all the babble in this one and just get right to completing quests, i think im level 10 or so after maybe an hour and a half of questing. also was given a 200% xp bonus for 2 hours from a starting package I got so that helped a bit.

    The main downside I found so far is the game is animeish which I'm not a huge fan of, so the playerbase is a little more nerdy virginish for my tastes, but it seems to be active there are actually people floating around

  8. #8
    Plane Walker GreenStoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itankstuff View Post
    aika was alright but nothing that kept my attention for very long...
    this would sum up what i think pretty well
    was ok while shiny and new, after 3-4 days got boring, and pvp needs tiering at least for those battle arenas, i got sick of being 1 shot at some point

    also seems like a pay to win game
    Down the rabbit hole...

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Horrify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenStoned View Post
    this would sum up what i think pretty well
    was ok while shiny and new, after 3-4 days got boring, and pvp needs tiering at least for those battle arenas, i got sick of being 1 shot at some point

    also seems like a pay to win game
    yeah i dont intend on going too far into the game, just need something mindless to kill time. the main thing i like is its not overcomplicated like most F2P mmos out there. I played runes of magic til around level 50 and still had no clue to half the games systems

    pvp in any free to play game with a cash shop is a joke generally, actually that goes for just about anything in any cash shop game

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Harvash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    83

    Default

    You lost me at F2P - frankly, there is no good model of F2P that I find 'good'

    As for Vanguard, I very much doubt the starting area was empty. There are normally at least 30-40 people there. Now, if you picked the "old" racial starting area, then yes - probably empty. The standard starting area now is Isle of Dawn, may wanna check that out again.
    "I am a fricking undead super hero sent back from the future to save the world." - Ross

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Horrify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvash View Post
    You lost me at F2P - frankly, there is no good model of F2P that I find 'good'

    As for Vanguard, I very much doubt the starting area was empty. There are normally at least 30-40 people there. Now, if you picked the "old" racial starting area, then yes - probably empty. The standard starting area now is Isle of Dawn, may wanna check that out again.
    not checking it out again the game is awful, and yes I started in Isle of Dawn, saw maybe 5 other players over the course of 2-3 hours. And yeah, game seemed awful just not interested. It killed a few hours, that was all I was expecting it to do

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Zacro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    129

    Default

    I am about to start playing Runes of Magic if you want to join me there. Just let me know and ill use your chat.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Horrify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacro View Post
    I am about to start playing Runes of Magic if you want to join me there. Just let me know and ill use your chat.
    sent you a msg

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Slowjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ajax, Ontario, Eh!
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Giving it a download as we speak, about half way through at 510 kb/s... Warden/Scout looks like it could be pretty fun for 8 more days.
    Last edited by Slowjack; 12-09-2010 at 07:58 PM.



    I am Rinleigh.
    I am Defiance.
    <3

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Zacro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    129

    Default

    I replied to your message you sent me Horrify

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts