+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bout to start a new MMO until the 17th, downtime killer

Arrow Bout to start a new MMO until the 17th, downtime killer

I think I'm going to try and play AIKA, it's free to play and available only to the US and Canada atm, it looks actually decent. I've played about 20 MMo's over the past 4-5 days trying to find something that isn't horrible, they were all horrible :/

Looking for anyone else in the same boat as me that wants to kill some time, I find it a lot more entertaining to travel with a group, even if it's just one person

You can find me in my ventrilo server:

vent13.shrapnet.com

or leave me a way to contact you here, skype AIM e-mail, whatever you check often.

aika was alright but nothing that kept my attention for very long... atm im trying vanguards free trial and its actually pretty good im enjoying my lil fox dude forget the name of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Itankstuff View Post
    aika was alright but nothing that kept my attention for very long... atm im trying vanguards free trial and its actually pretty good im enjoying my lil fox dude forget the name of the race.
    yeah I played vanguard a few days ago, people said it was decent but I just didn't like it, I think I made a healer got to around level 5 and just couldnt play it anymore. It also seemed that I was the only person in the starting area, no other players to be found, not usually a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    yeah I played vanguard a few days ago, people said it was decent but I just didn't like it, I think I made a healer got to around level 5 and just couldnt play it anymore. It also seemed that I was the only person in the starting area, no other players to be found, not usually a good sign
    most people are max level but i got to lvl 10 as a paladin, and it just varies for the first dew hours i didn't see anyone but later that day or the next i saw kinda a lot of people running around at least 4-7 its just sad no enough advertising of the game, and it doesn't help that it came out during WoW's prime.

i played Aika once got to lv 23 and was a warrior and i have tons of pvp tokens enough to get pvp armor, and eys having that much tokens at that lv is hard to get.
    Rhyli@Hailol

well leveling is definitely easy, im like level 6 after about 15 miutes of playing, so far so good.

aika isnt too bad, nothing too interesting so far but the questing is bearable and not overcomplicated, im the type of person that doesnt like to read quests at all, and you can skip all the babble in this one and just get right to completing quests, i think im level 10 or so after maybe an hour and a half of questing. also was given a 200% xp bonus for 2 hours from a starting package I got so that helped a bit.

The main downside I found so far is the game is animeish which I'm not a huge fan of, so the playerbase is a little more nerdy virginish for my tastes, but it seems to be active there are actually people floating around

Quote Originally Posted by Itankstuff View Post
    aika was alright but nothing that kept my attention for very long...
    this would sum up what i think pretty well
    was ok while shiny and new, after 3-4 days got boring, and pvp needs tiering at least for those battle arenas, i got sick of being 1 shot at some point

also seems like a pay to win game
    Down the rabbit hole...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenStoned View Post
    this would sum up what i think pretty well
    was ok while shiny and new, after 3-4 days got boring, and pvp needs tiering at least for those battle arenas, i got sick of being 1 shot at some point

also seems like a pay to win game
    yeah i dont intend on going too far into the game, just need something mindless to kill time. the main thing i like is its not overcomplicated like most F2P mmos out there. I played runes of magic til around level 50 and still had no clue to half the games systems

pvp in any free to play game with a cash shop is a joke generally, actually that goes for just about anything in any cash shop game

You lost me at F2P - frankly, there is no good model of F2P that I find 'good'

As for Vanguard, I very much doubt the starting area was empty. There are normally at least 30-40 people there. Now, if you picked the "old" racial starting area, then yes - probably empty. The standard starting area now is Isle of Dawn, may wanna check that out again.
    "I am a fricking undead super hero sent back from the future to save the world." - Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Harvash View Post
    You lost me at F2P - frankly, there is no good model of F2P that I find 'good'

As for Vanguard, I very much doubt the starting area was empty. There are normally at least 30-40 people there. Now, if you picked the "old" racial starting area, then yes - probably empty. The standard starting area now is Isle of Dawn, may wanna check that out again.
    not checking it out again the game is awful, and yes I started in Isle of Dawn, saw maybe 5 other players over the course of 2-3 hours. And yeah, game seemed awful just not interested. It killed a few hours, that was all I was expecting it to do

I am about to start playing Runes of Magic if you want to join me there. Just let me know and ill use your chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacro View Post
    I am about to start playing Runes of Magic if you want to join me there. Just let me know and ill use your chat.
    sent you a msg

Giving it a download as we speak, about half way through at 510 kb/s... Warden/Scout looks like it could be pretty fun for 8 more days.
    Last edited by Slowjack; 12-09-2010 at 07:58 PM.

I am Rinleigh.
    I am Defiance.
    <3

I replied to your message you sent me Horrify

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast