+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions for a mmo to play until rift releases?

Default Any suggestions for a mmo to play until rift releases?

I am soo bored this summer. I got a game card for aion, but i still find the game pretty boring Lvling wise. I do have a account for AoC but i know noone who plays it. I have a WAR account but i rly dont like that game. Im almost tempted to buy vanguard. I wont go back to WoW. Anyone got any suggestions? I have a lotro account but leveling around 40 got really boring.

P.S. Anyone play AOC? im considering buying a game card for it and playing it. But i would like to know some people on it.
    Last edited by DSWBeef; 06-28-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSWBeef View Post
    I am soo bored this summer. I got a game card for aion, but i still find the game pretty boring Lvling wise. I do have a account for AoC but i know noone who plays it. I have a WAR account but i rly dont like that game. Im almost tempted to buy vanguard. I wont go back to WoW. Anyone got any suggestions? I have a lotro account but leveling around 40 got really boring.

P.S. Anyone play AOC? im considering buying a game card for it and playing it. But i would like to know some people on it.
    i also have an aion game card and im not gonna use it, although i have a fully equipped level 50 assassin (which i abandoned in early november 2009)
    im probably gonna stick to single player games

I'm with Starcraft II, custom games are still one of my favorite past times.

It's nice if you like any genre, as the new Galaxy Editer can basically make custom fps, rts, rpg, etc games. Though if you're only going for mmo's hmm I'd say War is pretty decent. Nothing else really catches my eye.

I am kind of in the same boat here. In the last 2 weeks I have installed Lotro, WAR, AoC, Vanguard, and EQ2. Just couldnt get into any of them. No one I knew played anymore and it just felt like too much work to pick back up with high level characters, look for guilds etc when I know I am not really serious about wanting to play any of them, and just wanting something to pass the summer away.
    Last edited by Crowl; 06-29-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Hmm unless i find someone to play AoC with. Ill prolly stay with playing torchlight and my PS3.

i kinda have the same problem, ive been trying many f2p mmo's but havent found anything that was interesting. So i have now started playing most of the new singleplayer games and completing one by one. And i tried AoC trial but it didnt get me to keep going maby because i was alone and it got lonely , but if any other suggestions comes i might be interested.

Rift alpha ?

I still play EQ2, but I'm so bored with it that I rarely log in. Too many other things to do during the summer. Hopefully by the time I want to spend time playing again, it will be beta time.

Rift Disciple

For those who are bored and want to play a good MMO till rift release can play Vanguard. There is enough content for around a year or more when you start first time with the game. Its a good game and far better as its reputation.

Prophet of Telara

You can't really go wrong with having a go at Vanguard, but it's going to depend on how keen you are to solo. When I last played grouping oppurtunities were few and far between, so you may end up soloing a lot.

EQ2 is a very good game too. If you were to join the Antonia Bayle server I think you'd find a better community, though it is the RP preferred server if that puts you off. I think that was the busier server, but the game is predominantly played at highest level on every server. If you joined any server and found a busy guild then you could get groups all the way up.

Someone mentioned Dungeons and Dragons Online in another thread once. They said they were really enjoying it. It's free to play.

Maybe have a look at mmorpg.com and try some of the free games.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

Try the Vanguard Isle of Dawn 14 Day Free Trial.

You've got nothing to lose, and can see first-hand what the rest of us have been talking about.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

in the same boat as the OP, was thinking about giving darkfall or WAR another run those games should survive until Rift comes out lol. was going to try Mortal Online but hearing way too many bad things about the company.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

I'm playing Ragnarok yet again. Hey, if you can stand gameboyish graphics its pretty fun. They also just added 3rd classes so I had to go try out warlock.

I play at moment DDO, it's free to play (so you can throw an eye into the game without spending any money). I like it because it has some nice quests there (sadly some of them are only available by spending money, but I have so far not regretted that).

I am keeping myself busy catching up on over 100 hours of DVR'ed movies and TV series ive recorded this past season. (V, Flash Forward, House, Lost, Castle, 24) as well as playing thru Fallout 3 and Dragon Age Origins again.
    http://www.silkyvenom.com/forums/gallery/files/1/8/Zederok-sig.jpg

Death is fleeting but Glory is eternal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGdGM...layer_embedded
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyxFS...layer_embedded

Make a game that fans love and you will get the followers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast