Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Level 85's 16 hours into Cata

Rift Disciple

Default Level 85's 16 hours into Cata

On my server there are already level 85's only 16 hours into the expac. 16 hours to reach level cap in an expac that took 2 years to release. And Blizzard said getting to level 85 was going to be more of a grind. Boy they sure showed those players! HAHA

This is what kills games.

Plane Walker

Some guy did it in 5 hours.

Ascendant

World first 85 was 5 hours 30something minutes. Wow became a casual game with Wotlk, the sense of accomplishment is gone for those that are willing to put in more time. It is really unfortunate.

I hope Rift does not follow suit and downplay the accomplishments within the game just so more people that are not willing to put in the time and effort gain access to content.

There are always people who want to be the first to do anything, so this isn't odd at all. The downside to rushing to the cap is that you'll have to sit and wait for the rest of the population to catch up in order for you to access the main WoW content, ie PvE raid content.

Soulwalker

You take it like the top 1-5% represents the whole playerbase.

like CorsairBebop said, it happens on every game, doesnt mean the majority will reach it in the same amount of time.

@opaque: it's not simply them dumping down their game to casual players, you have to realise WoW has been around for 6 years now which adds quite something to the ''easy'' factor.

Granted things don't feel as much as an accomplisment back in vanilla than it does now, vanilla content was reserved for the elite which was a tiny playerbase compared to the overall, the only thing they did was to make content more accessible for the majority of their playerbase while keeping the hard elements for the top few.
    Last edited by baoulicious; 12-07-2010 at 05:08 PM.

85 isn't the end of that game anyway, so... who cares?

Rift Disciple

Cataclysm has effectively killed my desire to ever play WoW again. What was one of the most hardcore MMORPG's when it comes to overcoming boss encounters has slowly been turned into a casualistic MMORPG that a kitty can play with its eyes closed.

Take a look at the guild advancement levels. At level 25 you get a guild ability called "Mass Ressurection" that allows you to mass ressurect everyone in the party every 10 minutes.

Really? Lulz. Come on Blizzard. It's easy to balance content for casual and hardcore gamers. The casuals need to face the fact that hardcore gamers and guilds will always be much better equipped and effective than they are and would be able to defeat tougher encounters, but Blizzard catered in to the whiners and has turned it into the most softcore and carebear MMORPG to date.
    Last edited by Mistwaver; 12-07-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwaver View Post
    Cataclysm has effectively killed my desire to ever play WoW again. What was one of the most hardcore MMORPG's when it comes to overcoming boss encounters has slowly been turned into a casualistic MMORPG that a kitty can play with its eyes closed.

Take a look at the guild advancement levels. At level 25 you get a guild ability called "Mass Ressurection" that allows you to mass ressurect everyone in the party every 10 minutes.

Really? Lulz. Come on Blizzard. It's easy to balance content for casual and hardcore gamers. The casuals need to face the fact that hardcore gamers and guilds will always be much better equipped and effective than they are and would be able to defeat tougher encounters, but Blizzard catered in to the whiners and has turned it into the most softcore and carebear MMORPG to date.
    WoW was never one of the most hardcore MMOs.

Anyway.....AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

85 at 5.5 hours into expansion release. Pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raroic View Post
    This is what kills games.
    Not really, but running out of things to do after you hit 85 will.
    Still looking for a family that you can game with for life? Make sure to check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com !

Rift Disciple

lol WoW.. WoW is the soft **** of the gaming world. No matter how much you *** you still fill unsatisfied.

Champion of Telara Hackiedoodle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwaver
    What was one of the most hardcore MMORPG's when it comes to overcoming boss encounters
    Heroic Icecrown was one of the most challenging things I've ever done in a game.
    Krimhilde, Warrior
    Ambya, Cleric

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Finder View Post

Anyway.....AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

85 at 5.5 hours into expansion release. Pretty sad.
    They did it by exploiting (sorta).......and it's only 80-85 it's not like it's 1-85, calm down.

Guy walks around with a group of people tagging all the mobs for him and killing them, he gets all the exp, big whoop?

Prophet of Telara

Ouch!

I want Cata to be a success. Because I want the WoW players staying exactly where they are. In Wow and away from me, and not come looking for another game to invade.
    " Why is common sense so damn uncommon?"

Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Trebori View Post
    Ouch!

I want Cata to be a success. Because I want the WoW players staying exactly where they are. In Wow and away from me, and not come looking for another game to invade.
    ^ This, but never fear. Theres by far too many WoWfanatics that refuse to expand their horizons. They would rather say "WoW Clone"

I really dislike WoW, its Blizzard's version of how we can make the fantasy world look like **** and be ****.

If some Bozo got to the level cap shortly after release of the expansion, who cares? It's not like you get an Oscar for doing it. Its just about as silly as these people who post first after a DEV and scream "First!" Seriously? Grow the hell up.

WoW is nothing more then a teenagers online playground full of rumors, hormones and a whole lot of whining.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast