Telaran

It was for me and still is

Quote Originally Posted by Excedrin View Post
    It was for me and still is
    why are you looking into rift then?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Itankstuff View Post
    why are you looking into rift then?
    I'm always looking for new things and games to play.

Shadowlander

is it worth buying?
    Isle of Dawn is a 14-day free trial -- its also a great tutorial. I would suggest that -- I still think its worth it. but I will be playing VG after Christmas.

Yup , contrary to popular belief Vanguard is alive and kicking. The Telon server(us) has a healthy medium population and Halgar the Euro server low. My guild have just recently moved across to Telon which i think will be the only server pretty soon.

You will get addicted to the game and wonder why it is not a smash hit..anyway

Enjoy.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by OrasEarthshaker View Post
    Isle of Dawn is a 14-day free trial -- its also a great tutorial. I would suggest that -- I still think its worth it. but I will be playing VG after Christmas.
    Yeppers - you can also get 30 days free with a friend pass I believe.

ahhhh Vanguard, the game that could have been. Fun enuff to play and see all the content, I spent a good while there, but the lack of support and the complete lack of a future for the game killed it for me. O, what could have been......I was, admittedly a huge vg fanboy (hell I even bought that Sigil/Vanguard shirt with the "You cant buy this on Ebay" logo) and followed the game easily 2 years before it ever launched. Greatest MMO disappointment, ever.

I LOVED the gaame. Nothing like it. I did all of APW and a litlle overland and quit because the PVP server was dead. Best times in my MMO life. Everyone should try the game if you can live without PVP
    White, Straight, christian, Male. How else can I piss you off today?

alright so im a lvl 7 fox paladin :P its really fun, and the class/race variety is impressive, i may just buy it.

Default wet blanket

I would try the 14 day trial like suggested. I participated in most of the beta and then tried the 14 day trial a few months ago. To sum up my opinion of the game: it is the biggest MMO disappointment of my career rivaled only by Horizon. Everything about the game play and design felt clunky and rushed to me. I was so put off by how shoddy the control and graphics are I couldn't really get far enough to see the aspects people seem to like about the game. Honestly, many F2P games are designed better than Vanguard and I am *not* a fan of F2P games except those recent conversions of P2P to F2P games.

If you use Google you can find out why this happened. The production of the game was a complete disaster. The list of things that went wrong is quite long. I'd still give the game a shot, though. Just realize that some people think it is one of the most poorly put together MMOs of all time.

As others have said, try the 14-Day Free Trial (link here)

You've got nothing to lose, and you may just discover something special like some of us have.

Telaran

VG certainly had the crappiest launches ever and was bug ridden for quite awhile.

However, it is nothing like it was (while not in beta, I was there from day 1) - there are still a few minor issues here and there, but the community is great, the world is massive and there is more to do than I've seen in any other game currently available.

Well worth the look again.

While the new starting area - Isle of Dawn is a nice introduction, it's nothing like the entering the real world of VG.

im loving the game though it seems kinda empty quest wise im sure i am just blind, and not use to mmo's you have to work at so im sure ill find some more eventually but if anyone has any info on what to do around lvl 7-8 let me know haha thanks

Telaran

im loving the game though it seems kinda empty quest wise im sure i am just blind, and not use to mmo's you have to work at so im sure ill find some more eventually but if anyone has any info on what to do around lvl 7-8 let me know haha thanks
    If you're doing the 14 day trial - you're on Isle of dawn. Quest lines - there are 3 - Adventuring, crafting, and diplomacy should take you from lvl 1 through lvl 10 in all 3 spheres.

Just follow the quest line and by now I think you should be almost at the temple on the mount renting a pegasus to get there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast