+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMO Travel memories

Plane Touched

Default MMO Travel memories

This is a new thread in order not to polluate the original post :
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...RIFT-had/page5
    Here we should post old school travel memories

Shadowlander

EQ1 wise, the Kithicor run of course causes nightmares. But Kunark was by far the most deadly. The run from Firiona Vie to the Lake zone with the Sarnaks -- through all those spiders -- yeeesh.

the early days of WoW, discovering all sorts of exotic and terrifying places for the first time . . . Blackrock Mountain, Deadwind Pass and Kharazan, the Dark Portal (well before it worked), the Emerald Dream portals (before dragons guarded them) . . . good memories ^____^
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

After finishing leveling in Blackburrow I wanted to get to Freeport. I was very new to the game and forgot to bind myself. The Kizdean Gix punched me in the face in West Commons. Oh yay back in Qeynos for me. 2 hours wasted but I will never forget it.
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

Telaran

Sitting in a dungeon in UO - can't remember which, but it is one of the White Wyrm dungeons and I was there to get a new Wyrm for a friend with my Tamer/Bounty Hunter.

All of a sudden a gate opens (travel method in UO was for Mages to mark a rune and be able to open a gate to that location) and out pops 1,2, 3,4,5,6 - reds (PKers). Some of the names I recognized as I had hunted and killed them and turned in their heads for a reward.

It really scared the crap out of me at first - I stood my ground and they surrounded me - all I could think was "Oh crap" - I thought I was going to be a toasted mage at the moment.

We started talking and we got along great as they were impressed that I didn't run- so much so that I joined their guild and had a great time with my Bounty Hunter afterwards.

Definitely one of the most awesome travel experiences for me in any game.

My most memorable run was when I was playing EQOA and my friend made a character in Halas and I wanted to go meet him so I trekked from Highbourne to Halas. It was so scary and exciting. I was level 12.

+ Reply to Thread