+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake In Toronto

Default Earthquake In Toronto

I totally thought the washer on spin cycle was off balance. Then I read this and this.

Ouch, hope you and your family is fine..
    Luckily I live in Sweden where we don't have to deal with these things. But you must get very worried every time it happens, because you don't know if anything happend to someone you know..
    Take care

I hope no one was hurt.

I live in 'earthquake country' (California), and I would much rather deal with potential earthquakes than the hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods that people in other areas have to deal with.

Actually I can't recall another time there's been an earthquake here, though I'm sure there must've been another one at some point. Where I live it really just felt like the wash was off balance and was shaking the house a little, nothing major. According to the article nothing was interrupted, and everyone went about their day as usual. But thank you anyway, everyone is fine

I'm in Michigan I believe I felt it a bit. I was reading something and I thought my chair was being jiggled. I actual stopped a second and waited for it to stop. It was weird. this would explain that.

Weird, I live in the city and I didn't notice anything - and I've been in a few quakes before.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

OH GOD, IT'S A PRECURSOR FOR THE SOLAR FLARES THAT WILL DESTROY THE EARTH IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

There are faults all over the place in that region of the world. Granted, that part of the North American plate is relatively stable, but sometimes the earth cares not for stability. That's pretty unusual, but at least it was only a 5.0!

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

What you felt was the power of a thousand washers off balance and in the spin cycle. I had nothing to do with it of course..

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

What a trip. Glad all is well and nobody is hurt.

So that explains the noise I heard last time I did laundry...

You *******.

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

Umm... okay. Good to know.
    Take cake.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Kitty, glad to hear you are ok! Hope Ancient is ok too....
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremarr View Post
    OH GOD, IT'S A PRECURSOR FOR THE SOLAR FLARES THAT WILL DESTROY THE EARTH IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh noes!! Runn!! Heh, but on the serious side, there will be more weather hazards in the next two years, than there was ever recorded in history... + Rapid increase in earths temperature... We are going to be fine! ;).. Hopefully...
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Kitty, glad to hear you are ok! Hope Ancient is ok too....

Oh noes!! Runn!! Heh, but on the serious side, there will be more weather hazards in the next two years, than there was ever recorded in history... + Rapid increase in earths temperature... We are going to be fine! ;).. Hopefully...
    Mother earth will find a way to purge herself of us yet. I thought she had it cyphered out when she threw Aids at us. But so far that is only effective in Africa. Tidal waves and Earth quakes for the rest of us it seems. Should be interesting to see what the Old girl throws at us next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Mother earth will find a way to purge herself of us yet. I thought she had it cyphered out when she threw Aids at us. But so far that is only effective in Africa. Tidal waves and Earth quakes for the rest of us it seems. Should be interesting to see what the Old girl throws at us next.
    Ready or not, here I come!

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Ready or not, here I come!
    Not quite what I had in mind but okiay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast