+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Note for Switching Between Europe and North America Regions after EU Patch

Exclamation Note for Switching Between Europe and North America Regions after EU Patch

Hi all,

Please note that after the Europe game updates, if you were previously playing on a Europe region shard and attempt to change your region to North America, the patcher will prompt you for a full re-download due to the versions not matching.

You DO NOT NEED to redownload. Once the North America region is updated tomorrow, you will be able to switch back and forth again at will.

We'll be looking into making these split updates more seamless for multi-region players.
    amanda 'amary' fry
    editor - archeage | trion worlds, inc.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the heads up, and consideration for us multi-region-ers.

Excellent news!

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

That's brilliant.

Trion's step towards no IP blocks and permitting this sets a new standard for publishing games, worldwide.

For whatever reason, even though I'm playing on a NA server, the autopatcher this morning patched me (I guess) to a European version. No now I can either wait until "tomorrow" to play, or re-download the entire game client yet again.

My personal experience with this game launch has been really unsatisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandos View Post
    For whatever reason, even though I'm playing on a NA server, the autopatcher this morning patched me (I guess) to a European version. No now I can either wait until "tomorrow" to play, or re-download the entire game client yet again.

... Sorry about your personal experience being not as fun. Here its a blast and I'm sure 1000's of more would say the same!
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

I might actually consider playing on both EU and US servers This makes it easy!

Soulwalker

This happened to me as well, not sure why but as long as it dont happen again im straight.

Yeah this happened to me too man WTF!!

Soulwalker

Exact same thing happened here.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by FuntCase View Post
    That's brilliant.

Trion's step towards no IP blocks and permitting this sets a new standard for publishing games, worldwide.
    LoL you really are in love with this game aren't ya? Many games have been doing this already, most notably Everquest II.

Telaran

Default Switching

Well, I was previously playing on a NA Server, then switched last night to an EU one so my hubby and I could play on a German server (he's a native).

So what if I can't switch back until the NA servers are patched. It's fun to be able to play either one at will and I'm really enjoying my Rifting. Thanks again Trion!

Quote Originally Posted by CrowPotKin View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, and consideration for us multi-region-ers.
    Why we can have multi regions at first place? Ofcourse is nice to log on to US and say "hi" to someone who just showed you some tricks to be a hero in PvP, but playin in the other continent - suicide...

Awesome - good job making this possible, for people being interested in both US and EU!
    - I truely love Rift!

Soulwalker

Ooh, this is cool. I'm EU but my sleeping pattern is more US so this gives me a lot more options to PvP ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast