+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Note for Switching Between Europe and North America Regions after EU Patch

Soulwalker

So this thread was started in 2011, and the problem still persists apparently. Today (9/14/2017) I keep having to download a new update every freaking time I switch servers! This is intolerable!

And don't give me no "necro" BS, when a problem persists for SIX YEARS without being fixed. Hey I got an idea why not just have ONE version of the game worldwide?!
    Last edited by The Game Dyke; 09-14-2017 at 02:04 AM.

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by The Game Dyke View Post
    So this thread was started in 2011, and the problem still persists apparently. Today (9/14/2017) I keep having to download a new update every freaking time I switch servers! This is intolerable!

And don't give me no "necro" BS, when a problem persists for SIX YEARS without being fixed. Hey I got an idea why not just have ONE version of the game worldwide?!
    EU and NA patched at different times. NA patched first, and until EU patched (hours later) you have different version of servers which require different clients. My main server is EU and Tuesday evening I don't login to NA until I finished on EU, then I switch to NA, client patched to new version, and I could use this client with EU only in the next morning, after EU patch.

If you want to play 2 different versions of the game in the same time - use separate installations for EU & NA.

Everything works as expected, so nothing will be "fixed".
    Last edited by Isp; 09-14-2017 at 02:13 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

So why do they patch at different times? No other game in the world does this. Seems really senseless to me. I was trying to enjoy the game today and I basically now have to wait until tomorrow to do anything meaningful, and apparently can't play on maintenance days anymore.

So why do they patch at different times? No other game in the world does this. Seems really senseless to me. I was trying to enjoy the game today and I basically now have to wait until tomorrow to do anything meaningful, and apparently can't play on maintenance days anymore.
    Just don't switch regions until both are patched. You CAN play just fine on one region as long as you don't switch until the other region is patched. So nothing is preventing you from getting in game entirely.

What is your use case that you apparently actively switch between regions multiple times a day and a 12 hour window where you can't, once a week, is intolerable (it's not)?
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 09-14-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Isp
    Plane Walker

Because off peak hours are different in different regions. And there are games which takes months between the same version rollout in different regions.

Rift has huge amount of issues. I stopped any spending on it since 4.1 as I unhappy with game direction, but you are talking about non issue here.

If you want to play 2 different versions of the game in the same time - use separate installations for EU & NA.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2