+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Autumn Harvest is back! October 24th 2019 (but I'm late)

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Autumn Harvest is back! October 24th 2019 (but I'm late)

I know, I know, we're late to the party on this one.

Therefore if you aren't aware for the news this is big stuff! Autumn Harvest is back baby! That's right! Although it started yesterday you still can get your hands on some neat stuff before it ends on November 21st! That's right, 4 full weeks to get anything your heart desires from this event!
    You can read all about the date (again) and what's available in this post right here!:
    Please click me!
    Last edited by Taerentym; 10-25-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Pie

Default Autumn Harvest 2019 achievements not completing

Am I doing something wrong? I got all the new wardrobe stuff for the new wardrobe Autumn Harvest achievements. None of them are completing even though I have equipped each one repeatedly. I got the new companion pet and that one completed, but the wardrobe ones won't. Any advice please?

Soulwalker

I miss the old Autumn Harvest. One of the last things Trion did before selling off the game was ruin this event by taking out the autumn realm and moving the quests into the main cities and altering some of the quests.

The quest, Hand of the Harvest is a lazy quest by making you do another quest and use the pinata. When the event first went live it was auto completing, I figured this was to compensate for the fact that is a terribly flawed quest. I used to throw my pinata in the middle of the people standing around, but I am not going to do that anymore since they took out the auto complete. I will just go somewhere else by myself, probably my dimension to be on the safe side.

With so many people standing around the lag is massive. I generally never see my pinata before someone blows it up. Welp, there goes my item to finish that quest. Now what? I am suppose to try to kill someone else's quest item when they toss it (if I can ever see it).

Tho, adding the pinata's themselves were a great idea when Trion did it. You see so many people standing around being social, but since it ruined my quest I will not partake in that aspect anymore.
    Last edited by Lolli; 10-26-2019 at 04:59 AM.

When you are in the crowd of peeps in Meridian/Sanctum, use your 'hide other players' button (you can key bind this)
    throw your pinata while you have other players hidden and you will be able to easily see it to destroy it and pick up the artifacts.

Steam Forums need some love too

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    When you are in the crowd of peeps in Meridian/Sanctum, use your 'hide other players' button (you can key bind this)
    throw your pinata while you have other players hidden and you will be able to easily see it to destroy it and pick up the artifacts.
    Seems like too much work. I will just go to my dimension. I have too many chars to mess with all that.

Edi: I attempted to see if I could see other ppls pumpkins by doing this and yet again I could not. There is still a lag even if you hide players. Same with the NPCs, I hide players, walk to the NPCs then have to wait 5 secs before they will appear.
    Last edited by Lolli; 10-26-2019 at 06:49 AM.

The NPC quest givers should have priority spawn over everything else.
    This really does need to be changed.

Rift Master

And if that person needed to pop their pinata then they won't have it if someone else gets to it first. Terrible way to adjust the quest. I can't believe Gamigo wasted time on changing the quest. Don't you guys have anything else to do than mess with the players? Just saying...

Rift Disciple

I've been away from rift but, if everyone raids up like the balloon pop does this complete for everyone in the raid?

And to join everyone else bring back the autumn harvest realm. it made this event special.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by VeeK View Post
    And to join everyone else bring back the autumn harvest realm. it made this event special.
    I loved the harvest realm, I was so mad when they took it out last year. I wish they would bring it back, you didn't have as much lag there as well. It has gotten so bad in meridian / sanctum on greybriar I can only see 10 people around me and nothing else. This event is no longer any fun.

Shield of Telara

Opps, double post.
    Last edited by Manasha; 10-27-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Potion of Autumn Eyes - does this do anything anymore? It's been so long that I can't remember when it should be used.

Shadowlander

I drop my pinata, hit it, artifacts fall out and I start to collect them. (like many others.)
    But sometimes the artifacts burst out in flames and a few seconds later they're all gone.

I must have missed something. What is this whirling flame stuff?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Potion of Autumn Eyes - does this do anything anymore? It's been so long that I can't remember when it should be used.
    If you get an Autumn Eyes potion you can consume it to get some Amber Sap. They are nowhere as desirable as they used to be. They used to be used in the Fae Realm so you could see artifacts to collect. When they (Trion) removed the Fae Realm the Autumn Eyes potions also got neutered.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PlukkiePanda View Post
    I drop my pinata, hit it, artifacts fall out and I start to collect them. (like many others.)
    But sometimes the artifacts burst out in flames and a few seconds later they're all gone.

I must have missed something. What is this whirling flame stuff?
    The pinata artifacts are only available for a short period after the pinata is destroyed. If you get lucky you may get 4-5 artifacts before they time out (I usually get 3ish depending on how many are in the area).
    Last edited by Rhipf; 10-28-2019 at 12:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast